• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Saving some clicks and time

• Thread starter DeletedUser1269
  • Start date

DeletedUser1269

I am guessing this has been suggested before, but I couldn't find it.

To save some clicks, why can't we have the following:
When you click to harvest some planks or other goods (as well as supplies, granite, copper), why can't the menu for choosing 3 hours, 9 hours, 1 d, etc. be immediately presented? Now it requires a second click to get to that menu.
I am assuming almost everyone harvests their goods and supplies and immediately starts another production. Having the production menu come up after clicking for harvest would save a lot of clicks. On the rare occasion that you do not want to start another production you can just click out of the menu.

DeletedUser61

The current interface is very quick and easy once you've had a bit of practice.
  • You can collect good in one sweep by clicking on a building that can be harvested, and then dragging the mouse across the rest of the buildings.
  • You can use hotkeys 1-6 to select a menu item, and once you get used to the timing you don't even need to wait for the popup menu. You can click down a row of building with one hand, and hot key select a menu item with the other hand.

DeletedUser627

...When you click to harvest some planks or other goods (as well as supplies, granite, copper), why can't the menu for choosing 3 hours, 9 hours, 1 d, etc. be immediately presented? ...

Good idea, Sly. No, I haven't seen this particular suggestion mentioned before.

And just ignore replies that feel supercilious (by seeming to correct your misunderstanding and inexperience with an excess of correct but irrelevant information).

Good luck and welcome!

DeletedUser1161

When you click to harvest some planks or other goods (as well as supplies, granite, copper), why can't the menu for choosing 3 hours, 9 hours, 1 d, etc. be immediately presented? Now it requires a second click to get to that menu.
I'm not so sure I would like this. It has the potential to add extra clicking to my game. You know you can click on a building, hold down your mouse button, and drag to harvest everything, right?

I click, drag, harvest, and often collecting my stuff will complete a goods, supplies, or coin quest. I usually want to see what quests I can get and what goods I need to prioritize before I start productions again. Depending on how menu popups were implemented, I might have to dismiss a bunch of windows as I collect my goods, which would be a real drag.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser61

You can also use HotKeys, 1-6, to select an item from the menu that pops up when you click on the building. Once you get the hang of the timing you don't even need to wait for the pop up to display, and you can walk down a row of building rather quickly.