• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Scaled Tournament Rewards

michmarc

I actually like the way rewards are given out in the Spire where you have to put in your individual effort to get the shared rewards and you can't just "freeload" by doing a single encounter.

Maybe the tournament can also give out the FS rewards in the same way: In order to get a reward chest, you need not only the FS total to reach a certain level, but you need an individual score high enough (say 2% of the existing team required score). This would mean that to get the 10 chest reward (40000 pts), you'd need to score 800 points individually.

That should encourage more even tournament participation (and possibly prevent intentional abuse of funneling rewards to someone that doesn't do hardly any work).

Thoughts?

AtaguS

Personally I like that larger cities within a fs can help to benefit smaller ones in a tournament. It took me a while to build up to where I could regularly compete without wiping myself out each week when I first started playing the game. In the same way, a newer player can put a single badge (say, the coin one which is a piece-of-cake to make for any size city) and still receive the same rewards, in a FA, as a veteran player who paused development of their city for 5 days to make 100 blacksmiths, for example. Perhaps instead of a certain score requirement, you must complete at least a single province to share in tourney awards?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
A full fellowship of 25 players all putting in equal effort means just over 1600 points per player, so your scaling example would still make some of the members put in much more work for 10 chests. But I too hate seeing someone complete only a province or two and still get the same rewards as the members who do much more, especially when it is a high level player doing the minimum effort. Some fellowships set their own rules about minimum points, with members not meeting that number getting kicked out. But if you really want to see some sort of scaling reward system, make it something simple, like one province must be completed for every chest collected to be earned by the player, so 10 provinces would need to be done when a fellowship earns all 10 chests. And this could be the first star in 10 provinces or 2 stars in five provinces, or whatever combination adds up to 10 completed.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I have found it annoying when I put in 4000 towards the FS 10 chest reward. Then some clown only does 30 points.
But still, I wouldn't want to see the system changed.
If you have freeloaders handle them on the FS level.

Two systems I have seen work well.
In one FS I know, they have a rule that if you participate in tourny then you must get at least 500 points.
My current FS gets 10 chests every week and has a 1000 point requirement for all members.

Yogi Dave

Personally I like that larger cities within a fs can help to benefit smaller ones in a tournament.

I disagree with scaled rewards in tournaments. They are an excellent team-building endeavour and I don't ever have to want to try a ten chest push if people who don't get a large number of points don't get the blueprint.

My FS is a 10-chest FS which we easily achieve each week. We also have new players where doing a lot would be not only hard, but would interfere with city development. I'd hate to see them not getting the full rewards of the FS to aid in their growth. Member helping each other in the FS is a joy.

If you have freeloaders handle them on the FS level.

We have a 1000 point 4-week average rule. Failure to maintain it can (and has) get one removed.

The spire is something new and the current concept of you only get the rewards you have reached or surpassed seems good for now. Things may change in the future. There are several changes I'd like to see with the spire, but that is a different topic.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Whenever I do 1000 points in the tournament, I wipe out my resources (down to hundreds of certain goods, rather than thousands or tens of thous in my normal inventory). I've been around for 3 months but have spent my time upgrading and haven't really built up my goods yet. But I do try for a thousand points at least once a month. I love the tourneys. There are a couple who consistently do 30 points each week. Only 4 or 5 of us normally do more than 500 points, so it's a big deal when we get the fourth chest (and once or twice, the fifth). I would love to see a requirement of 500 in the tourney, or at least 400. Heck, even the AM would have a hard time with that each week, but we'd get a lot more chests. We have 16-18 people participate but struggle to get the 4th.