• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Scaling and Cost

DeletedUser23196

I've been playing almost 3 years now and it has slowly progressed fowrward. But at the same time I purchase diamonds and other resources to power level some to keep up. But the Scaling in this game and constant creation is almost as bad as the Population Bungle that happened a while back that still has players on edge and not motivated to begin playing again. We lost 1/2 FS due tot hat bungle. Now your creating new ideas, new buildings etc. Job well done, keep growing, creating and expanding. But scaling has gotta change!
Break the sqares down by 4 or 16, allow more stuff to be built, more space to be utililized, expand the areas some, if u want money fine make full perimeter expansions... U need an Example PLay Stormfall Age of War, it has expansions, many opportunities to earn diamonds, more areas for a free to play game to evovle and I have played that game to present over a decade... Make fellowships a bit larger, increase by 5 or something...
Several Issues need improvement but these are a few costly ones especially during some events when people are on vacation or what have you... More people means a possibility the events can be fullfilled 10 Chest tourneys for example needing at least 20 players to obtain...
To recap:
More Space or PerimeterExpanions (72x72 ; 80x80 ; 84,88,92, 100x100) This is squares where a 4x4 becomes a 16x16 and so on...
Increase Fellowship member cap to 30-35
Costs: Make more ways to earn diamonds in game.
Scalability : Same as Expansions but internal Size fo buildings which increased scquares will solve this, but if not the size of buildings especially special event buildings ( Phoenix's are 4x4 3 of them ?? Thats a huge chunk of space in presetn tense scaling.... Less destruction and more building sometimes... need a balance there as there are some buildings people would like to keep for their cities...

Reading others ideas and forum suggestions I don't expect this to go anywhere... But I will at least make an attempt at gathering support in some changes moving forward...

Thanks
Truwing / Winyandor

DeletedUser2870

Elvenar has reached a point where the devs face a hard decision in the scaling, that I agree with.
Either they will have to expand the grit, which will cause trouble on older systems (on old computers it already takes a long time to load), or they will have to come up with an idea to start downscaling buildings without creating an opportunity to massively overproduce goods. But the idea of (almost) every building getting larger and larger every chapter carries the intrinsic problem of needing more space every chapter. So they will have to come up with some kind of solution, though several have been made by the players. Not that the devs seem to care overmuch for any suggestions from players, but that's another story.

As for the phoenixes. yes, there are 3 and you could place them all. In fact, you could get each multiple times and place them all. And then what? How will you feed all of them all the time? Do you need all 3? In my opinion, one doesn't need 3. Not to mention that by far the most people only managed to evolve one anyway. I like the fact one was forced to think it over and make a choice.

More ways to earn in-game diamonds? Please explain that some more. The more chances of gaining them in-game, the fewer will be sold in the shop. And that's where pretty much all the revenue for this game comes from, so unless you ALSO plan to force all players to use diamonds, there really is no reason to do have more ways of getting them. In fact, this is one of the very, very few games that actually can be played pretty well for free without the need of getting in-game premium currency, which is mostly because there is no PvP element and so players aren't forced to keep up with others.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
More Space or PerimeterExpanions (72x72 ; 80x80 ; 84,88,92, 100x100) This is squares where a 4x4 becomes a 16x16 and so on...
Increase Fellowship member cap to 30-35
Costs: Make more ways to earn diamonds in game.
Scalability : Same as Expansions but internal Size fo buildings which increased scquares will solve this, but if not the size of buildings especially special event buildings ( Phoenix's are 4x4 3 of them ?? Thats a huge chunk of space in presetn tense scaling.... Less destruction and more building sometimes... need a balance there as there are some buildings people would like to keep for their cities...

In the Facebook Q&A they had during the Phoenix event, it was mentioned that more expansions are coming. Without going back and listening to it again, I cannot remember if they said it would be by expanding the current city map or not.

It is hard enough to get 25 good, active players together as it is, so finding even more players would be a pain.

Diamonds? Did you not get any Wishing Wells from the Phoenix event? And as long as they do not restrict them to just grand prizes again, it is a source for diamonds. Get 10 Wells and put them out. Each can potentially be collected from 199 times, because there will always be a little lag and the 200th collection will be impossible. Anyway, say you can't get them all and only collect 160 times from each. If you only get diamonds once every 10 tries, that is still 16 times per well you get 25 diamonds. Over 100 days that is 400 diamonds per well, or 4000 diamonds. That is a lot of money you do not have to spend right there.

As for building size, you may not want to look at the sizes of some of the prizes from the Summer event currently on Beta. They have brought back the Gathering of the Herds grand prizes as daily prizes, so buildings that are pure culture that are 6x4 and 5x5. And on your comment about people wanting to keep certain buildings, isn't that was the Royal Restoration spell is for now? To be able to upgrade those favorite buildings, so that they stay useful and do not need to be demolished?

DeletedUser23196

In the Facebook Q&A they had during the Phoenix event, it was mentioned that more expansions are coming. Without going back and listening to it again, I cannot remember if they said it would be by expanding the current city map or not.

It is hard enough to get 25 good, active players together as it is, so finding even more players would be a pain.

Diamonds? Did you not get any Wishing Wells from the Phoenix event? And as long as they do not restrict them to just grand prizes again, it is a source for diamonds. Get 10 Wells and put them out. Each can potentially be collected from 199 times, because there will always be a little lag and the 200th collection will be impossible. Anyway, say you can't get them all and only collect 160 times from each. If you only get diamonds once every 10 tries, that is still 16 times per well you get 25 diamonds. Over 100 days that is 400 diamonds per well, or 4000 diamonds. That is a lot of money you do not have to spend right there.

As for building size, you may not want to look at the sizes of some of the prizes from the Summer event currently on Beta. They have brought back the Gathering of the Herds grand prizes as daily prizes, so buildings that are pure culture that are 6x4 and 5x5. And on your comment about people wanting to keep certain buildings, isn't that was the Royal Restoration spell is for now? To be able to upgrade those favorite buildings, so that they stay useful and do not need to be demolished?
I haven't paid much attention in regards to FB or anything but I have heard other players voices before they quit the game, Diamonds are required for everything, its their profit I understand. But I use them for oosts in everything. I play WoW primarily and I power level my toons. Somethings require alot and others do not. My City Requires 2-3 Days to level things or Scout. This game has rare High End timer boosts. Expansions to me is simle fix. Change % in Programming to Start (1 Square = 4) NO need to change Building sizes immediately the squares will still be there :) Balance everything forwards :) I have not been lucky to have 10 Wishing Wells but have had 2-3 and 4 in one city... As far as Royal Restoration Spell goes. Takes full FS or 10 Chest runs to get those much needed frags. and yes We just had 2 FS Merge with us to fill 25 man spots, it is hard to keep or maintain active players. But at least a 30 man Roster with everything the same offers more opportunity for when those 5 players are away on RL events we can still possibly obtain a 10 chest tourney run... But Diamons and Scalability biggest issue. Building Sizes can remain the same.. Just need to add more squares. IN my Mind the 1-4 Ratio increase of the grid without changin layout is easiest fix. If not adding more Diamonds then definitley higher end and more timer boosts is biggest gain to game... I use them to speed things up always..

DeletedUser23196

Elvenar has reached a point where the devs face a hard decision in the scaling, that I agree with.
Either they will have to expand the grit, which will cause trouble on older systems (on old computers it already takes a long time to load), or they will have to come up with an idea to start downscaling buildings without creating an opportunity to massively overproduce goods. But the idea of (almost) every building getting larger and larger every chapter carries the intrinsic problem of needing more space every chapter. So they will have to come up with some kind of solution, though several have been made by the players. Not that the devs seem to care overmuch for any suggestions from players, but that's another story.

As for the phoenixes. yes, there are 3 and you could place them all. In fact, you could get each multiple times and place them all. And then what? How will you feed all of them all the time? Do you need all 3? In my opinion, one doesn't need 3. Not to mention that by far the most people only managed to evolve one anyway. I like the fact one was forced to think it over and make a choice.

More ways to earn in-game diamonds? Please explain that some more. The more chances of gaining them in-game, the fewer will be sold in the shop. And that's where pretty much all the revenue for this game comes from, so unless you ALSO plan to force all players to use diamonds, there really is no reason to do have more ways of getting them. In fact, this is one of the very, very few games that actually can be played pretty well for free without the need of getting in-game premium currency, which is mostly because there is no PvP element and so players aren't forced to keep up with others.
Space is a Prograaming fix Ratio to Grid % Fix. Increase every 1 sqare to 4 Squares. Easy thats a start. Go forward and blance things 1 at a time but space becomes open more and more creation can begin. Adding new Races, Chapters and keeping the game paced then becomes an Issue for higher level players and they beomce bored and quit. This I understand also. As it has taken me 2+ years to get to Elements. I have spent upwards of $150 on the game just to speed things up. Each charge Also Charges me a foreign fee charge, so opportunity in game to get more diamonds yes... If not make it easier to get more timer boosts, higher timer boosts and definitley don't filter 1 day quests into the last 6 hours of the event... :( Oh yes The Diamond Fix and revenue there.. my bad. Being in a PatialFS for a period of time requires double work form many of us. Time in a slow timed environment without boosts becomes costly. Blessed we got Full FS now but 30 man also could help recover time in some areas of Play where some maybe missing due to RL events. Speeding things up at a less costly expense and Building Needed buildings with little to no space costs more in daily routine than needed. Production and such without timers on a day with only small 15 min boosts or luckily a few extra 8 hour boosts do no good if it takes 2 days to scout a province. I power level things sometimes, it is a choice to play not forced but making things easier during events that I earn Timer boosts for my city on, end up being used to beat event timers and become useless wast of energy. Just to make a point and start a discussion maybe the DEVS listen to for US all in the Elvenar Community...

DeletedUser23196

There is also an Issue of Runes for upgrades, I have like 100+ in some areas. It would be nice to be able to use those for crafting materials, or even to be able to sell buildings or trade buildings we win, many areas of improvements can be made to expand the games content. Supplies, Space, Time Diamonds and lots of stuff sitting IDLE for sometimes months as it can take a month or so to complete a chapter. I have patience but ADHD kicks in and I wanna see results... I pay Subscription to World of Warcraft and TESO these are Continuous with content, this is F2P so I get it, but 2 years and little In Game Content rolled out has many quitting before they even finish Chapter 2 and Other areas has people quitting at high level to keep interest or becoming too time demanding. I'm throwing things out there, such as even an expansion city in the outskirts that could just add more buildings and a suburb IDK but definitely I enjoy the Chill of the game Just would like to see more stuff in a much quicker pace of time, and Upgrades to my Phoenix (New Buildings = New Lessons) If I don't want one and need my evolving relics can I destroy it and get my relic back (Doubtful) Soltice is coming new Buiildings but I still need relics for my Phoenix's ? Are they gonna be on the table moving forward or another wasted 1 year wait of space improvement!

Socrates28

I have been playing for about a year and one thing that has changed for me is the pace at which I play. Each chapter brings me closer to an end (now in Elementals) and I have slowed the pace of my progress through the chapters greatly. Yes they are designed to take longer to complete and yet I still decide to sit and wait rather than progress. I push KP into my AWs rather than the research tree, help others in my FS and neighbors. I do not consider this wasted time, I just look for improvement in different areas.