• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Scout

• Thread starter DeletedUser2232
  • Start date

DeletedUser2232

Hi I am having issues with it allowing me to use my scout to scout a new providence.

DeletedUser61

There are three stages for scouting
  • When you scout a province, several nearby provinces will show a padlock and a price
  • When you scout an ADJACENT province, then the padlock will disappear
  • If you have enough Coins to scout the unlocked province, then you'll be able to easily read the price, and you can scout that province simply by clicking on it
You do have to be careful. You should never have more than a couple of scouted but unacquired provinces, because the subsequent cost/difficulty of acquiring that province depends of the Advanced Scouting Technology that you had WHEN YOU SCOUTED the province, rather than when you acquired it, so it's unwise to use scouting to dump your excess coins.

Heimdahl

Has Elvenar ever done anything about being able to cancel or stop a scout? I would have liked to either cancel or stop a scout to give myself more time due to accidentally clicking on something I did not want to and now the scout will reach before I want him to. I know this was brought up previosly but have never seen whether it has been considered or not.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Has Elvenar ever done anything about being able to cancel or stop a scout? I would have liked to either cancel or stop a scout to give myself more time due to accidentally clicking on something I did not want to and now the scout will reach before I want him to. I know this was brought up previosly but have never seen whether it has been considered or not.

Look about 1/2 way down this thread for a post from ex-team member.
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/cancel-button-on-scouting.628/

The beta forum ideas section seems to have some active review and a process of sorting through ideas. We are waiting for this one to receive a poll, you can bet it will get a fast 20 votes when it does.

DeletedUser4207

On the scouting note -- any way (besides clicking on it) to know how long it will take to scout?

DeletedUser5251

On the scouting note -- any way (besides clicking on it) to know how long it will take to scout?
No. You won't know how long it will take until you start the scout. This is also something that has been requested.