• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Scouting time needed after Province XXX

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
@Darielle I am way beyond that! This is a chapter 8, if I clear 7 more provinces I will have enough provinces cleared to open Elementals. So I am almost 4 full chapters ahead and still clearing. I am okay with it ;)
Well, that's the beauty of Elvenar. It's our game and we can do what we wanna, do what we wanna, do what we wanna ... Oh gosh now I'm showing my age! :)

hvariidh gwendrot

sitting here at the start of ch 17 "advanced trader4"with 605/480 .. just started 606 at 8.7mil coin 4 days 3 hours .. the reductions come at the start of the new chapter on the tech tree, it doesn't have to say advanced scout unless i am misremembering

Bellerefon

Lol.
The only person you actually managed to answer one of the original questions was @CrazyWizard . Thank you, i would appreciate if you could elaborate your 'no' for further discussion.

I think my title was wrong.... my bad

Now that we know exactly how many hrs and gold each province needs can we discuss this,
SHOULD THERE BE A LIMIT?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Everything in this game increases in time and cost as you go further into the chapters, so I don't think there should be any artificial limits on scouting. It is our choice to keep going when there are no more expansions available from completing provinces. Sure, there are event quests that ask for scouting or world map encounter solving or relics, which we get when completing map encounters, but all of that is much harder for early chapter players to deal with than us end-game players. And many times it is easier for us to do the alternate task for a quest.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Everything in this game increases in time and cost as you go further into the chapters, so I don't think there should be any artificial limits on scouting. It is our choice to keep going when there are no more expansions available from completing provinces.

The other point of view is that with 2 chapters released each year and the number of encounters needed from one chapter to the next either staying the same or increasing, then the time to scout all those provinces increases to the point where the scouting required from one chapter to the next is longer than the chapter completion.

Bellerefon

The other point of view is that with 2 chapters released each year and the number of encounters needed from one chapter to the next either staying the same or increasing, then the time to scout all those provinces increases to the point where the scouting required from one chapter to the next is longer than the chapter completion.
Dead right.

Assuming that chapter renewal is capped at 6 months, then scouting shouldn't it be too at some point? 4 or 5 days there is no difference.

Increasing difficulty is an adequate restraint factor itself. Don't you think?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I am currently scouting Province 581. It takes 96hrs (yeap, this is 4 days). So be it. I do it, BUT

If no, shouldn't be there be a limit? Wouldn't that be more fair? When enough is enough?
I don't think there should be a time limit. Every extra neighbour adds processing time in several different parts of the game. Who can help you and you can help, you shows up in your trader, how many tournament provinces are avalable, etc. Some of those further affect the game mechanics, as in how many coin and suppleis you can generate per day from visits, how many goods are avalable to you in trading. Then further spill on occurs in things like how quickly you can complete event tasts for gaining coins etc. Discouraging a high number scouted provinces is probably necessary. Frankly I think in their position I'd be inclined to have a cap on provinces lower than they have now. As far as I know, the only hard cap on exploring is your ability to hold enough coins in your Main Hall to afford to explore a province.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
No hard limit, but the new Ch20 wonder Scouts Tavern reduces scouting time.
1675637301715.png

Last edited: