• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Scouting time needed after Province XXX

Bellerefon

I am currently scouting Province 581. It takes 96hrs (yeap, this is 4 days). So be it. I do it, BUT

Is there a limit on the hours needed to scout a new province?
If no, shouldn't be there be a limit? Wouldn't that be more fair? When enough is enough?
Does everything increases equally in the game (like time to complete the chapter)?

Is this a revenge to old players?
Try to do normal encounter quests to finish an event at this level .

It was it too easy on early chapters and now they are trying to balance it back?

or they forgot the set the extra timer off when they decided to intro new provs back in the game?

Take a pick and start hitting.

I'd love to hear on this.

Roosters and kangaroos not welcomed, but this is a free world.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have scouted/completed about 100 more provinces than you have and my scout time is well over 5 days, and I learned years ago, once the current system for events became normal, to never stop scouting, because those open provinces would be needed for completing quests. I was also way beyond chapter 8 and the Orc wall that is hit when scouting past the 222nd province, so that did not bother me. I am halfway through chapter 19 and I only just scouted my final Medium difficulty province and am not looking forward to the Hard ones. But that is my own doing and is something I fully accept when it comes to doing event quests. And aside from that, 20-hour time boosters are easy enough to craft, so using 5 of them, if I really had to, is not a big deal either, if I need a scout done right away.

Ironically, it is the newer players, who are not yet able to make Orcs for catering, who really need the reasonable alternatives on all the Scout quests, so that they do not feel they have to overscout for events and can avoid hitting that Orc wall at all.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
I am currently scouting Province 581. It takes 96hrs (yeap, this is 4 days). So be it. I do it, BUT

Is there a limit on the hours needed to scout a new province?
If no, shouldn't be there be a limit? Wouldn't that be more fair? When enough is enough?
Does everything increases equally in the game (like time to complete the chapter)?

Is this a revenge to old players?
Try to do normal encounter quests to finish an event at this level .

It was it too easy on early chapters and now they are trying to balance it back?

or they forgot the set the extra timer off when they decided to intro new provs back in the game?

Take a pick and start hitting.

I'd love to hear on this.

Roosters and kangaroos not welcomed, but this is a free world.
758 scouted takes about a little over a week now like 1 week 4 hours or so.

No there should not be a limit on how long it takes.

Iyapo1

I scout all the time but save province clearing for events. I go into all events with 7+ scouted but uncleared provinces. I am in chapter 9 and my scout times are still under 2 days.

Early chapter players cant really do this. Prior to chapter 5 they cant afford to scout ahead. The advanced scouting tech only reduces the costs in unscouted provinces so they take a substantial hit if they have a bunch of scouted but not cleared provinces open.

Then the orc wall which they cant pass until chapter 8.

I dont object to the idea of putting a cap on scouting times, I am just pointing at possible event quest prep work for players in chapter 8+.

Iyapo1

Chapter 12 is 29 hours or so.
Really? My scout times are at 45 hours. I am in chapter 8 with 284 total scouted which puts me at chapter 12 levels. Does advanced scouts reduce scouting times?

Edit: correction these numbers are for my chapter 8 city, not my chapter 9 city.

Last edited:

Myne

Oh Wise One
Really? My scout times are at 45 hours. I am in chapter 9 with 284 total scouted which puts me at chapter 12 levels. Does advanced scouts reduce scouting times?

no it just reduces costs, and enemy army sizes. I have my scouted area at very easy, so I may not be as far out as you are relative to my chapter?
edit: I have completed 334/320 provinces needed for ch. 13

Last edited:

Katarax

Really? My scout times are at 45 hours. I am in chapter 9 with 284 total scouted which puts me at chapter 12 levels. Does advanced scouts reduce scouting times?
I’m in chapter 12 at 345 provinces with a scout time of 30 hours. Wonder if something else affects scout times??

Myne

Oh Wise One
I’m in chapter 12 at 345 provinces with a scout time of 30 hours. Wonder if something else affects scout times??

completed provinces are not the same as scouted provinces. She may be scouted way ahead of us

Myne

Oh Wise One
Ahh okay, my bad.

But I do remember complaining about all the scouting quests in events. The costs go up the further out you go from your city. I try to stay relatively close to what is required for chapter progression. Others do not. It's a matter of playing style. At some point I will have to do it 24/7 as well.

Myne

Oh Wise One
One possibility would be to introduce an a new weekly tournament-like event that involves scouting a temporary island, so that you would have an alternative "scouting" activity for event quests and wonder triggers.

I actually kind of like that idea.

Iyapo1

I am at 284 scouted, 273 cleared, in chapter 8 with scout times of 45 hours. @Enevhar Aldarion thx for the info on the Advanced Scouts. I never realized they reduced scout times too. Not that I am going to slow down with my scouting but it is good to know.

Edit: chapter 8 not chapter 9

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am at 284 scouted, 273 cleared, in chapter 9 with scout times of 45 hours. @Enevhar Aldarion thx for the info on the Advanced Scouts. I never realized they reduced scout times too. Not that I am going to slow down with my scouting but it is good to know.

Well, someone should watch and verify that Inno did not change it in the past year or two, since I have not had an Advanced Scout for the last four chapters.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member

You can always look ahead to see how many provinces it takes to unlock a certain chapter, so you'll know if you've opened too many for your level.