• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sculpture of Wonky Goblin Gifts

Gaemon Hartshorn

What is this thing? Visitors to my city can polish it so it must be a culture item but I can't find it in my city and it's not in the list of things I can build. Did I win it at some time and then summon it? I can't even find it mentioned in the wiki. What does it look like? How big is it? What does it do for me?

Iyapo1

20210319_210245.jpg

It's a 2x2 culture building and you have two of them wedged between your Trader and your Magic Academy. You won them during the winter event.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
In looking at your city I noticed you have a lot of space you could reclaim. Here's my recommendation:

This gives you almost 11 more full expansions of space, consolidates that space, and organizes things to make collection and monitoring easier.
1616255666202.png

Of course, it does reduce your culture from 40,000+ to 18,000+ without changing your populations, but to me, that's a fair trade.

You are, of course, under no obligation to use this suggested layout -- I do it because to me it's the part of the game I enjoy the most and you can only re-arrange your own city so many times before you've managed to get it mostly right. ;)

AJ

Last edited:

Gaemon Hartshorn

Thanks lyapo1, SoggyShorts, and AJ for the explanations and the layout suggestions. Things have just grown haphazardly. I try to look ahead for what shape future upgrades of buildings will need and leave room with lots of little stuff scattered around which can easily be moved when I need to have that space. But right now with the size of the buildings I need to build for the sorcerers' school I will consider some of your ideas. Of course I need to free space before I can start moving things around. And thanks for the link to the ElvenArchitect city planner. It is Way Cool!