• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Search by Set Name

Kadhrin

It is difficult to remember set names, let alone the names of the individual pieces of each set. Due to the inventory sorting algorithm, set pieces are often NOT grouped in the inventory. This leads to frustration when trying to place a set when rearranging things between chapters or at other times.

It would be useful to be able to search the inventory using the name of a set.

Example 1: Searching on "Citadel".
Current behavior: No results.
Desired behavior: Search returns all items from the Dwarven Citadel set.

Example 2: Searching on "Ancient".
Current behavior: Search returns Ancient Pond Statue, Ancient Taste, and Monument of Ancient Knowledge.
Desired behavior: Search returns Ancient Pond Statue, Ancient Taste, Monument of Ancient Knowledge, and all items from the Ancient Promise set.

Pros: Improved game experience due to less time needed to hunt for ...what was that last building called again?
Cons: Coding/testing time due to increased complexity in search algorithm.

BrinDarby

Other than 1 set, every set I've had were grouped together.
Tho, they were not @ the same place..... ie- all sets together.
On PC, you can rollover items, allowing you to see which set
they belong to.

I still use elvenarchitect, to review and plan for, eventual
use of a set, and what it makes in which CHs.

Silver Lady

I’d like to be able to search by size too, but having sets included in the search as you showed would be really helpful, at least to those of us using the app. So that would be a yes for me.

dacrete

The problem with the search feature is that you need to know the name of whatever you're looking for. Often people don't know the name of the individual set pieces. I'd also like them in a different tab, so I don't accidentally disenchant them.
That is very true!

Sprite1313

The problem with the search feature is that you need to know the name of whatever you're looking for. Often people don't know the name of the individual set pieces. I'd also like them in a different tab, so I don't accidentally disenchant them.
True; it might not be as useful with sets ('cause they do have some crazy names), but it would still be nice to have. For example, I have genies in storage from several chapters, and the game sorts by chapter. So, I switch over to mobile (which has a search function) when I need to place a genie, and pick which one I want to place.

I like the combo idea - both a search function and a distinct inventory tab for set buildings. It would also help declutter the inventory page (but maybe that just indicates that I have a hoarding problem).

Siorse

I would love a search by set ability! It is quite frustrating trying to remember individual building names, usually I'm forced to just scroll through every single building to find what I want for sets because they are often not at the same upgrade level.