• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Season of Dreams Discussion Thread

Maeryn

7 toolboxes and 63 loaves of bread in one week? I'm out. I wonder if it will be more fun when they introduce a league feature to it. Just kidding. I'm sure they would never do something like that.
The weekly quests aren't required to be finished in 7 days just before the end of the season which is in 70+ days. Only 4 are being released at a time and visible. If you have more than 4 weekly quests a new one will appear when you finish one. You get two refreshes of the weekly quests a week.

Count Rupert

The weekly quests aren't required to be finished in 7 days just before the end of the season which is in 70+ days. Only 4 are being released at a time and visible. If you have more than 4 weekly quests a new one will appear when you finish one. You get two refreshes of the weekly quests a week.
Not the way they've been working in my cities. Did all the weeklies on the first day and they say come back next week for more weekly quests.

Yogi Dave

Others may have already said this in the thread, but even so, I'd like to say I'm very much enjoying the Seasons. I've been at the end of chapters since Amuni. Even before then I'd avoided the declinable quests since they didn't give me useful items at that level. Those in Seasons do. In fact, in my ignorance I didn't realize the declinable quests disappear when it's declined or completed. I inadvertently completed one and, poof, another didn't replace it, so I declined the other and now my screen is cleaner. Thank you Inno for making an old aspect of the game usable.

On a silly but related note, my very first post to the forum was in the "Quest cycling" thread and started with, "Hello, my name is Yogi Dave and I'm a quest cycler. Hopefully those days are behind me, but I've have abandoned the game without it." That was March 12, 2017. At that time, I continued to need the gold and hammers so continued to cycle for quite a while. Perhaps, for new players the fact that you can't cycle through the daily quests several times a day is a drawback for them.

Rp44

Players with the new tech tree and updated questline never had those cycling quests, so for those players the Season quests are an addition, not a replacement. If they are new to the game, they wouldn't know to miss the cycling quests. I'm not saying that's good or bad, it just is. Quests in the first few chapters now give a variety of rewards, including more time boosters, instants and KP. The small reward for completing the daily quests fits right in with those rewards.

With the game going to events with little rewards, I am wondering what the next step will be with INNO. I know they are optional but hard to ignore when you are trying to just play the game. Maybe they should ask if we want to continue with them or give the option to delete them.
This way of playing a game really makes me wonder what they have in mind.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
well thats a little annoying.. on of my cities jsut got a daily quest of 'solve sorcerers event quest'. Im on a quest to get 16 relics and was waiting until teusday. when the tourney starts. to finish it. ITs only sunday, so i certainly aint making that. - And i dont rly want to waste materials trying to craft relics in the MA. Even at x5 relic a craft, id need 4 recipies. 3 if i got lucky on tomorrow NH chests. That would mean id need a relic recipie every 6h. Which is 18-24hours still.. Unless i start using up slips of clarity. Which seems a waste for this.
Wouldnt be to bad if it was a weekly quest. But as a daily, looks like ill miss that one.

Seasons is forcing players into certain playstyles.
So much :eek: for creativity, its all about forcing players
into a situation where the only solution is diamonds.
Its also about depleating players of the stuff they
collect(horde) for a rainy day.....

Its gonna crush newer players with no buildup of stuff.
I do not understand this perspective. How can something optional - truly, totally, completely optional - force anyone to do anything?

If you don't want to do it, don't do it. Someone else said people in their FS are quitting over these new, OPTIONAL, features. Those are some fragile fellows.

Man goes into his favorite restaurant to get the same lunch he has gotten every day for 10 years. The menu is exactly the same as its always been, except they also added a new soup. That is the only difference, one new soup has been added. Man quits job, gets divorced, joins the circus, and goes on hunger strike.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I do not understand this perspective. How can something optional - truly, totally, completely optional - force anyone to do anything?

If you don't want to do it, don't do it. Someone else said people in their FS are quitting over these new, OPTIONAL, features. Those are some fragile fellows.
Part of the issue is that the Seasons' quest access point is where the event quest giver ought to be placed. I am about to start year 7 of this game, right? It's habit to look in the top spot for the event that I wish to finish, and incredibly annoying to find instead a psych job that is attempting to condition us to follow Seasons instead.

And it's not this  one thing, it's the straw that broke the camel's back. There are the pointlessly long chapters, the tedious collection of decaying resources, the annoying tournament redesigns, the fact that we don't ever seem to get a break to breathe anymore, the complete lack of respect of very valid Beta feedback, the bugs that we are told will be caught on Beta but still land on live anyway, ....

I could go on and on and on ... like the Black Sabbath song. Hmm I'm going to put that CD in the car to listen to this week :)

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
the fact that we don't ever seem to get a break to breathe anymore
i think thats the biggest one of them all. Maybe even bigger then the rest combined. When your stretched to your limit with endless stuff, it takes much less to break that back.
Honestly, its not much different then the real world. At least in the usa. We have a system now where ppl are running around every minute of everyday worried about being able to do just the normal stuff.. that they simply dont have the mental copasity left to think when it comes to social or big world issues/concerns. Theyve used all they have just on there day to day lives. And of course the big coorperations and politican take full advantage of that most of the time... but i fear that rant is starting to get off topic lol. But its a good example of why this never ending quests and never having a break is really becoming a problem for a lot of ppl. I fully understand wanting new content or wanting things to do, but there is a point where its jsut to much... And it makes simple adjustments like the couldron or this sleepy quest thing seem like such a massive back breaking deal to some..

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I feel that I was unfair to  one of the Developers in my rant. Andreas did an excellent job with the Fellowship Progression (aka Perks system). He asked for feedback, got it, tweaked his system, and it works well. Please pass on my compliments.

However Seasons is an area that is  not ready for the entire market, is still flawed and irritating as a result. We told them on Beta and got ignored, and now look at the result.

Yogi Dave

Seasons is forcing players into certain playstyles.
So much :eek: for creativity, its all about forcing players
into a situation where the only solution is diamonds.
Its also about depleating players of the stuff they
collect(horde) for a rainy day.....

Its gonna crush newer players with no buildup of stuff.
Aspects of the game have always directed one to certain playstyles.

When there were declinable quests, newbies were forced into quest cycling if they needed coins or hammers since you can't trade for. I know I really needed those quests, though I did complain about having to cycle. It was a flawed system. So, the last line makes sense if you are talking about that aspect. They can no longer spend their time doing the "click, click, decline" over and over to get the quests they want again and again. In Seasons, you only get 4 quests a day and a chest with a set of prizes of which you get one. Also, each quest adds to a total which lets you get rewards. They are a wider range than before, so that's good. But you can't spend time getting what you explicitly and you have to be on every day to get the daily reward.

I really like the concept of Seasons, especially since it helps me as and end of chapter player, but it takes away a valuable option for newer players.

Dew Spinner

well thats a little annoying.. on of my cities jsut got a daily quest of 'solve sorcerers event quest'. Im on a quest to get 16 relics and was waiting until teusday. when the tourney starts. to finish it. ITs only sunday, so i certainly aint making that. - And i dont rly want to waste materials trying to craft relics in the MA. Even at x5 relic a craft, id need 4 recipies. 3 if i got lucky on tomorrow NH chests. That would mean id need a relic recipie every 6h. Which is 18-24hours still.. Unless i start using up slips of clarity. Which seems a waste for this.
Wouldnt be to bad if it was a weekly quest. But as a daily, looks like ill miss that one.
You can miss some weekly and daily quests and still make it to the finish line. There is a calculator for this here...https://idavis-elvenar.com/seasons.html#pass

defiantoneks

you dont have ANY open provinces to fight?

i guess i learned fairly early into the days-gone scout to save a decent amount of provinces for any event that was coming up so I could do at least some of those relics/fights even on off days.

Dew Spinner

iv stayed put in the tech tree for a very long time right now. Im not wasting valuable world map provenances on this.
You have 2 free refreshes each week to get rid of weekly quests you don't want to do and you can miss some weekly and daily quests and still make it to the finish line, A calculator to figure out how many you can miss is here...https://idavis-elvenar.com/seasons.html#pass There is also a list of weekly and daily quests, so you can plan ahead for which weekly quests are the hardest for your city to do and you can use your refreshes on them or skip them and still meet the requirement to get to the finish line...https://idavis-elvenar.com/seasons.html#quests

Last edited: