• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Season of Dreams Discussion Thread

gernsey

I think if a player is starting to burn out on the game, it does not take much to cause them to throw their hands up and quit. That is likely what happened here. Had the Cauldron been introduced when they were still gung-ho and enthusiastic about the game, they would have probably been fine with it.

i was struggling to understand some peoples reactions to this and Seasons.. i hadn't considered this. makes sense. It's not about the features, its about burnout in general

Silver Lady

Event currency is correct. I had the quest to collect city treasure & collecting the event scrolls from around my city completed it.

defiantoneks

re the people who cater only and dont do "military" buildings: does that include armories? i would guess not, unless you've yet to reach chapters where orcs are required for just about any upgrade and negotiation possible.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
re the people who cater only and dont do "military" buildings: does that include armories? i would guess not, unless you've yet to reach chapters where orcs are required for just about any upgrade and negotiation possible.
*off-topic* Armories are actually almost the worst orc producers by square in each chapter, even before you factor in all the population and culture they require. Focusing on event buildings that give orcs is a much better strategy than building otherwise unneeded armories.

Back on the Season of Dreams: I like it well enough so far. The weekly quests are completing themselves in just a few days of gameplay, although I find I’m having to go out of my way to do the dailies. I’ll probably evaluate in a few days and decide whether it’s worthwhile trying for the building at the end of the prize line, or if I just want to be satisfied with whatever goodies I get from the line without going out of my way to complete anything.
I am feeling a little overwhelmed having this on top of an event, where I basically can’t run any normal productions but am trying to balance two sets of quests, which are often conflicting.

I actually have quit playing games before over the introduction of season features; it’s apparently a very popular feature among mobile and console gamers, but doesn’t hit my sweet spot. Although I certainly wouldn’t quit Elvenar over this, it might be the first feature I end up mostly ignoring. I’ll have to see if it settles into an easy rhythm, or continues feeling like a disruption of my gameplay.

defiantoneks

*off-topic* Armories are actually almost the worst orc producers by square in each chapter, even before you factor in all the population and culture they require. Focusing on event buildings that give orcs is a much better strategy than building otherwise unneeded armories.
fair enough!
as i do fight, i have the armories anyhow. so running them as orc producers is really "bonus" for the footprint needed to keep the training facilities effective.

Alram

Flippers just flip
7 toolboxes and 63 loaves of bread in one week? I'm out. I wonder if it will be more fun when they introduce a league feature to it. Just kidding. I'm sure they would never do something like that.

Dew Spinner

7 toolboxes and 63 loaves of bread in one week? I'm out. I wonder if it will be more fun when they introduce a league feature to it. Just kidding. I'm sure they would never do something like that.
You get 2 refreshes each week to get rid of tasks you don't want to do and spawn new ones.

Dew Spinner

with 2 refreshes, you might still get equally horrible tasks
Yes, but there is a chance that you will get easier quests and you can not do some weekly and daily quests and still make it to the finish line. There s a calculator for this here...https://idavis-elvenar.com/seasons.html

BrinDarby

Dew, as it was, the only good personal tasks did
me ... was doing 1 over and over, it was free coins.
If this replaces personal tasks fine, but I'm not
sure I'd be in favor if it replaced event tasks.

Dew Spinner

Dew, as it was, the only good personal tasks did
me ... was doing 1 over and over, it was free coins.
If this replaces personal tasks fine, but I'm not
sure I'd be in favor if it replaced event tasks.
There has been nothing said or implied by Inno that this will replace the regular Events. No sense burning bridges before we get to them.

Flashfyre

@MaidenFair I'm right there with you on the "overwhelmed" aspect: this feature (the daily/weekly/monthly quest runs) is one reason I quit a lot of games. When you have story quests along with event quests on top of daily quests, it can feel like you aren't focusing on city building and optimization, but just doing tasks for "the man". Especially when quests are in direct competition with one another; having to complete 4 Groceries for the event AND 8 Simple Tools for the Daily AND 5 Advanced Tools for the weekly taxes my 3 Magic Workshops, and makes me feel like I have to have an FA-style shantytown permanently installed in my cities.
Now, it's still early days for this thing, so I'm not beating it down just yet.

Pheryll

Set Designer
It seems like you only need to do about half of the season's quests to complete the prize path.
-OR-
My math is way off. :)

Saw this correction, likely due to levels as you progress being worth 50 points instead of 40 points each. I can only imagine the amount will increase more the further you go. Anyone know what the final amounts will be?