• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Season of Dreams Discussion Thread

LisaMV

I’m a full-time caterer too, Lisa, but I can usually manage these types of quests because a few of the event sets give troops as well as lots of goods. Both the Forbidden Ruins and the Dwarven Citadel sets are well worth their space in my city for catering purposes, but also provide decent numbers of troops on pickup. Do you have either of those? I haven’t gotten one of these quests in the Season yet so I don’t know if that works here, but if it won’t count those as “producing” here, well, then I think we can skip about 1 and 1/4 daily quests per day and still finish the prize line, if I’m understanding iDavis’ calculator correctly. :)
OK ~ it turns out that my ONE "make troops" producer works: current chapter level 10 Witch's Hut.
@MaidenFair
But what I am VERY interested is this: "Dwarven Citadel...well worth their space in my city for catering purposes"
I haven't put mine down, and I am always looking at it,thinking 'should I? shouldn't I?' Do tell - please! :)

Last edited:

satchmo33

IMHO: am enjoying the Seasons cuz 1. it's purty, 2. it's so easy.

Am also, for the first time in years, really enjoying the game again becauuuuuuse: I'm boycotting the Chapters. What a huge-o relief. Finished 17 (16?), upgraded entire city so won't slide down to the dreaded "Page 3" ranking-wise. Happy happy. Joy joy

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
A member of my FS got a daily, not weekly, quest for 375k mana. Unfortunately, he has the DA AW and used enchantments to finish the quest, so I don't have a picture to confirm this. That is beyond reasonable for a daily quest. I understand that chapter 20 values need to be higher, but 375K. Come on, now.

To follow up on this again, I do not think your fellowship member is in chapter 20, or maybe they have not finished chapter 20, because in my main city that is done with chapter 20, I just got Collect Mana as a daily quest and I need to collect 480k mana, not 375k. And then I collected from all my event buildings and got about 600k mana, so not a problem for me to complete.

Last edited:

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
OK ~ it turns out that my ONE "make troops" producer works: current chapter level 10 Witch's Hut.
@MaidenFair
But what I am VERY interested is this: "Dwarven Citadel...well worth their space in my city for catering purposes"
I haven't put mine down, and I am always looking at it,thinking 'should I? shouldn't I?' Do tell - please! :)
I love my Citadel! When I got it in chapter 10, it gave me orcs, mana, and largish amounts of all three T1 (in addition to the troops which are nice for quests, and the population and culture). Now that I've upgraded some of the pieces into 12, I'm getting S1 from it, almost as much as I'd get from a manufactory (12,086 vs. 14,280 in a day), without needing to spend any seeds or T1 for it. If I were really pressed for space and didn't want the troop bonuses, I think I could put out just the three smaller goods producing buildings by themselves for a footprint of 18 squares, which is less than a level 24 (sentient-producing) manufactory of 20 squares. The mana piece will upgrade to seeds which I understand will quickly be in short supply, but I haven't needed extra yet. The orc building produces 2.5x as many orcs per square as an orc nest, plus giving pop, which the orc nest doesn't. I think it's a great all-rounder and space-saver. :D

hvariidh gwendrot

glad to read the 50th reward can be reached with 12 days to spare, hadn't done the math yet .. speaking of math i notice the daily quests subtracting5 from the 75 petal score but i don't see where the 70 petals go for each wekly quest, i see it also subtracts 5 is there a count or invetory? seems i am missing something edit add...i also have noticed that sometimes it adds the 5 sometimes it subtracts the 5 .. is it alternating adding up to and subtracting from the 75?

Last edited:

hvariidh gwendrot

ok so after doing 4 cities this morning i realise the daily quests add five the weekly subtracts five, lol what is that all about ?? so it's a faster finish if you ignore the weekly quests ??

Pheryll

Set Designer
ok so after doing 4 cities this morning i realise the daily quests add five the weekly subtracts five, lol what is that all about ?? so it's a faster finish if you ignore the weekly quests ??

The weekly add 70. If that means you pass a milestone that only unlocks a premium feature, then you might not notice that you passed it.

Dew Spinner

The petals roll over into the next prize level, so if you are at 50 petals and clear a 70 petal quest you will have cleared the prize you are on and the left over petals go in the pot for the next prize.

Cleo7311

It appears that the daily chests improve from that awful 10 min timer at the start - anyone tracking how many prize sets there are?

Cleo7311

How high do the steps between prizes get? At nearly #30 now and already up to 115 from the 50 I started at.

Moho

Chef
I just spent almost a year each on the last two chapters I completed. Took ALL of my goods/time/effort and made me despise the game.
Players tend to ignore this type of testimonies. It's almost like what happens in those dystopian TV shows...

Alram

Flippers just flip
Players tend to ignore this type of testimonies. It's almost like what happens in those dystopian TV shows...
I disagree. I think when players hit a wall, they remember seeing posts by others that hit the same wall. It helps to know it's not just them. Eliminating activity that makes the game unpleasant for them and focusing on things that make them happy is always a good thing.

Moho

Chef
I think when players hit a wall, they remember seeing posts by others that hit the same wall.
Are you sure the recommendations and general attitude of "advanced players" cannot be included in the peer pressure phenomenon you were referring to the other day?

Alram

Flippers just flip
Are you sure the recommendations and general attitude of "advanced players" cannot be included in the peer pressure phenomenon you were referring to the other day?
I think that a player saying, "I really like this new feature because "blank" was really wringing me out," is helpful to other people who may be having a similar experience.

Dew Spinner

The problem with players saying they are going to "quit" over this, that, or the other thing, is that they don't and Inno can see that in their data. That also applies to players saying they are going to skip this event or ignore this new feature...they rarely do and Inno knows they are crying wolf.