• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Season of Dreams - display error

Yogi Dave

Game version: (v1.169.2-(37d5c43) - html5 (2023-02-16 10:06)
Game world: Winyandor
Browser + version: Google Chrome, Version 110.0.5481.104 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 2560x1440
Account name: Yogi Dave
Humans or Elves: Human

Reproducibility: 3/5 = happens sometimes

Quest title: Last daily or weekly quest available

Current situation: When the last daily or weekly quest is completed in the Season of Dreams, the quest appears as completed. When clicked to Finish, it disappears leaving that spot blank and the small red boxes with the number 1 in them remain. The quest reappears when you enter the dialog again needing to be Finished. Logging out and back in clears the problem, but I don't know if the petals were awarded. It has happened on both a daily and a weekly quest on different days. I'll try to notice if the petals are awarded when I complete quests in the future.

Expected situation:
The blank spot should be the same as the others saying, "Quest Finished" and the small red boxes should go away.

Reproduction Steps
Complete a Season of Dreams quest.
2. Open its dialog box.
3. Select the appropriate tab for the completed quest, (daily or weekly).
4. Click to Finish the quest.
5. Notice the blank space as shown in the 1st attachment.
6. Exit the dialog.
7. Open the dialog.
8. Notice the quest is again shown as needed to be Finished.
9. If clicked, the 70 petals float upward as if they are being awarded, but the count doesn't change.
10. Repeat steps 2 through 9 and you will see the same thing.
11. Log out and back in

Once in this state, the only way to fix it is to log out and back in. Then it is fine.

Screenshots of the bug:

Had clicked to finish a weekly quest:
1676647493074.png

Notice Quests in queue is -1

Exited and reentered dialog:
1676647574820.png

Notice that the petal count didn't change, nor will it if you cycle through this multiple times.
When I logged out and back in, the petal count doesn't change. Hopefully, they were awarded with the first time.

Yogi Dave

This happened again this morning when I finished the last daily. I did confirm that it did give me the petals.

Yogi Dave

Third daily in a row. I cleared cache after this time and will see if that clears the problem tomorrow. Am I the only one having this problem?

Flashfyre

Since I run the mobile app on my Chromebook, not the browser version, I don't see the result you indicate. Which would seem to indicate a browser issue.

Yogi Dave

Clearing cache had no effect. The problem continues. So, it has become an 'always' thing for me. I guess I'll try a different browser tomorrow.

1676856260445.png

Yogi Dave

The bug I reported is not the same as the one in this thread as far as I can see. This thread is about the hub disappearing, which I've had happen and had seen this thread before reporting mine. Mine is not about the sprite on the left side of the screen disappearing. They share that is it with the Season of Dreams and the workaround of logging out and in clears it, but that is all they have in common. This occurs inside the SoD dialog and involves incorrect display of the 4th completed quest of either the daily or weekly ones. It also involves that the quest remains showing as needing to be finished when the dialog is reopened. @Astram, please let me know why this is considered the same bug.

Yogi Dave

@Astram Whatever was the problem has gone away. I tested it on my machines at work: a Win7 and a Win10. They didn't have the problem. So, tested it two more time on my normal machine and it doesn't exhibit the problem. (There were no updates the Win10 or browsers.) Since no one has responded saying they have seen the problem I'm going to blame it on ghosts in my machine.