• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Secrets of Alchemy 2023 Discussion Thread

Lady Dastardly

Thanks! Haven't seen any in a bit of a while (I tend to cash them in immediately when I do get them)
The next daily is actually a troop instant if you need one, lol. This quest list seems to be largely a copy & paste of an older event from before they stopped including using unit refills as a quest. Many people complained because, like you, they use them as they get them, and it was eventually dropped in later events. I still hold on to some of mine because I'm a hoarder you just never know what the game will ask for next.

BrinDarby

The GP is a 4x4 evolve.... Now, MS set takes 4x6 ,
P.Manor set takes even more...... So even @ 4x4
to get a CC, anything else is gravy, and worth it.
(assuming its fully evolved)
Neither of the 2 new dailies excite me much....

edited

Last edited:

Dew Spinner

The GP is a 3v3 evolve.... Now, MS set takes 4x6 ,
P.Manor set takes even more...... So for only 3x3
to get a CC, anything else is gravy, and worth it.
(assuming its fully evolved)
Neither of the 2 new dailies excite me much....
The Steam Golem is 4x4.

quin629

I believe that James Friend who is now running my group has together with Betty Dunbar put together an event note similar to the ones I used to produce:
https://tinyurl.com/28m3m3b5

Unfortunately, about half the content in that event note relates to the prior Winter Magic event, not the current Alchemy event. Even the banner at the top and the tinyurl link it provides are Winter Magic, as are the sections about the prizes and the mini game (has the postal boxes, not the beacons).

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Is it just me or is an abnormally large number of quests in this event specifying standard goods? In past events, many quests have just said produce a large amount of goods. Sentient and ascended goods count for these. However they don't count when the quest specifies standard goods.

defiantoneks

ok, i dont want to start a hissy BUT can we clarify what the expectation is or should be with regard to emails with event currency links?

no I dont want to see anyone's support case info, or get into that discussion.

since i've been playing i always get an email at the beginning of an event that allows me to click and get free event currency (usually 100, cant recall if that has ever been different). I just want to know, is that the expectation? that every account that has opted in for emails gets a link for each event? or is it random and i've just been lucky?

edit: i want to know for myself and for FS members. we typically remind people to go looking for their emails but if that's not something they should be anticipating it's rubbing salt in a wound that some get it but others dont.

Alram

Flippers just flip
@defiantoneks
I would say, you've been lucky.
I still get the emails offering my free currency gift but the link just sends me to a blank page and I do not get the currency. I used to get the currency but it broke at some point. I don't remember when. It might even be fixed now for all I know. I stopped checking after about 4 events.

shimmerfly

since i've been playing i always get an email at the beginning of an event that allows me to click and get free event currency (usually 100, cant recall if that has ever been different). I just want to know, is that the expectation? that every account that has opted in for emails gets a link for each event? or is it random and i've just been lucky?
I've always thought that was a standard thing If you opted for emails.
I've always received the 100 amt.

defiantoneks

@defiantoneks
I would say, you've been lucky.
I still get the emails offering my free currency gift but the link just sends me to a blank page and I do not get the currency. I used to get the currency but it broke at some point. I don't remember when. It might even be fixed now for all I know. I stopped checking after about 4 events.
i want to like your providing an answer but i dont like your situation. sounds odd that you would somehow get a broken link rather than no email. i would suspect a browser or security issue.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
ok, i dont want to start a hissy BUT can we clarify what the expectation is or should be with regard to emails with event currency links?

no I dont want to see anyone's support case info, or get into that discussion.

edit: i want to know for myself and for FS members. we typically remind people to go looking for their emails but if that's not something they should be anticipating it's rubbing salt in a wound that some get it but others dont.
I didn’t get emails (US & EN) for this event and I normally get them. Nothing in my spam. Someone else in my FS is in same boat.

Flashfyre

Is it just me or is an abnormally large number of quests in this event specifying standard goods? In past events, many quests have just said produce a large amount of goods. Sentient and ascended goods count for these. However they don't count when the quest specifies standard goods.
I've noticed that a lot of the quests specify the 3-Hr T1 production, and that S1 3-Hr productions count for these as well. Since I don't have any T1 factories deployed, I was afraid I would have to build a shantytown for this event, until I collected a couple of Platinum productions and the quest completed.