• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Seeds production - what is your setup?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
From halflings onward seeds become a valuable resource. By chapter 15 and 16 the reliance on sentient goods and building requirements changes this need again. As wonder levels provide a significant boost to seed production I am curious how many wonders different people have in the different chapters. For a additional context you may wish to provide some f the following:
  • Chapter
  • wonder levels
  • sentient factory numbers
  • ETC/Sunset
  • Other buildings like festival merchants
  • Spire participation (if you use diplomacy, seeds cost is random)
  • Overall adequacy

This discussion was started in another thread but to avoid derailing that one, this thread was made.

I am in chapter 16 with almost 200 AW levels, and I run almost 20 Festival Merchants at all times ;) Only since FMs came to be, I am relatively comfortable with my seed production levels.

I know a person in ch 15 with 150 wonder levels and they also run 7 festival merchants (8 sentient factories, max spire each week and are powering timewarp/simia levels). Hard to say precisely what you will need but certainly look at leveling some wonders. Your ability to get the 3hrly boost has a big impact on production.

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I'll come back later and edit with the stats for my early Elementals city. These are for my Ch15 city. I can't truly answer the 'overall adequacy'. I move through chapters at a snail's pace, so I always have enough seeds for whatever so far. I'm apparently a hoarder, because I still follow all the convo's on production and try to make as much of *whatever* that I can whether I need it or not, lol. I don't pay much attention to mana or seed decay; instead I view it as a soft cap on those resources. Right now I estimate my soft cap on seeds is ~185K and I have 195K in inventory right now.
  • Chapter 15
  • wonder levels 120
  • sentient factory numbers 5
  • ETC/Sunset ETC Lvl 7
  • Other buildings like festival merchants 4 FM's; 6 Black Lotus (that I just noticed are still amuni lvl; may sell those & put in a 5th FM now)
  • Spire participation Max (all fighting)

Last edited:

Deleted User - 1599294

Chp 16, 164 Wonder levels, For chp 15 I was running 2, 2, 3 for Sentient factories but due to space constrictions for chp 16 I am running 1,2,1. I have ETC at L7 and ST at L11. Event buildings for seeds include clam cliffs, sharkpalooza and Stonehenge. Doing fine. :) Forgot to mention 2 FM's

Chriger

• Start of chapter 15
  • 132 wonder levels
  • 1/2/3 sentient factories
  • Level 7 ETC
  • 6 festival merchants, valentine float, polar bear, and a couple other small seed buildings
  • At least 2 maps, sometimes all 3
  • The last two weeks were a stretch to finish the 3rd spire map and have enough seeds for all sentient factories. I'll probably just back off of the spire. Had two Genies recently expire, which had been helping a decent bit with seeds.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
  • Chapter 16
  • wonder levels 300+
  • sentient factory numbers 6
  • ETC/Sunset both 11
  • Other buildings like festival merchants 3 FM and stonehenge, only used for faster building upgrades
  • Spire participation - max diplomacy (occasional combat)
  • Overall adequacy - Great when I can collect every 3hrs, good when I get less boosts now I have my ETC and ST at 11. Had a bad run on seeds in spire for a bit while upgrading buildings.

juniperknome

16k daily plus 5600 bonus advance trader
plus 12 culture seed building about 30k daily
roughly 70k seed a day and running out 10plus boosted seintient goods plus building upgrades
last 1/3 on chapter 15

DeletedUser5371

chapter 16 / 14 of 40 done
wonder levels 291
sentient factory 0 manufacturies 0
ETC/suset 6/6
produce about 110,000 seeds a day (marching band, ETC,trader,sunset,valentine float,stonehenge,2genies)
goods produced by 4 mermaid paradise, jester tavern, gingerbread house, wholesaler
sent goods produced by huge moonstone complex,coldfire phoenix,15 orc nest,4 armory,hero forge, lvl 13 PoP

DeletedUser5371

spire almost always 100% all fighting
tourney almost always 36+ provinces 10 chest all fighting

DeletedUser19458

• Chapter 15
  • wonder levels 143
  • sentient factory numbers 2-2-3
  • ETC/Sunset Neither.
  • Other buildings like festival merchants 4 black lotus, 6FM, Marching Band (4900/24hr). 2 Libraries and unknown little buildings
  • Spire participation COmplete every week. Don't use seeds here though?

I do not produce enough seeds and working on increasing that currently. I cannot run all factories in 3hr runs, so some are only 9hr runs or just sit idle. I have to make choice of producing goods for tech needs, or saving seeds to upgrade buildings.

I also have 4 armories and 1 orc nest - orcs is other resource I am struggling with. Until chapter 15, neither of these resources were a problem.

Question: Does ST give seeds on goldmines? That is at least 50% of my neighbours. Seems like better use of space that the black lotus's. EDIT: Nevermind :) Already deleted a bunch of lotus's (I had some making mana too) and placed ST.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 3932582

sentient factory 0 manufacturies 0
Interesting, did you have the same setup for chapter 15? The problem that I see with this setup is peak production, as unlike manufactories this setup cannot be boosted with MM and time instants. So for sentients decay becomes an issue even for large average production. Unless you have very high Simia perhaps?

DeletedUser5371

Interesting, did you have the same setup for chapter 15? The problem that I see with this setup is peak production, as unlike manufactories this setup cannot be boosted with MM and time instants. So for sentients decay becomes an issue even for large average production. Unless you have very high Simia perhaps?
my simia is at 30...decay at 2%
i have about 15 manus in storage...in chap 15, i used 6 manus and over 250 mm spells on them

Alpha Lyrae

• Chapter 11 (Halflings)
  • wonder levels 102
  • sentient factory numbers n/a
  • ETC/Sunset n/a
  • Other buildings like festival merchants 3 FMs, 1 Gum Tree - According to Elvenarchitect.com, I'm only producing 2,163 seeds/day (eep!)
  • Spire participation (if you use diplomacy, seeds cost is random) 2 of 3 levels, battle/diplomacy mix
  • Overall adequacy I haven't wanted for seeds yet, but I'm tech-locked, sitting on about 150,000 seeds
Edit: Seeing such miserable seeds production, I replaced some buildings with ones I had in stock. Now, I'm up to 5,423 seeds/day. Also, I'm curious what everyone else is producing in a day, so I can see where I need to be in the coming chapters.

Edit 2: elvenarchitect.com puts level 2 trader seed production at 0/day, when it should be 6,900/day and Stonehenge (halflings, fully evolved) at 0 seeds/day when it should be 2,448/day, so I'm up to 14,771 seeds/day. :)

Great topic!

Last edited:

Alpha Lyrae

@Alpha Lyrae some of those numbers you have to manually enter in ElvenArchitect. See if you can click on it and do something with how it calculates.

Yeah, I had to do that with my goods manufactories, but I wasn't able to do so for the trader or Stonehenge, neither of which were computing. I sent a message to them in the event it's a bug.

Deleted User - 4646370

Yeah, I had to do that with my goods manufactories, but I wasn't able to do so for the trader or Stonehenge, neither of which were computing. I sent a message to them in the event it's a bug.
For trader, did you enter your number of completed provinces ? The Trader production is based on it.