• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Seeds vs Mana - Event Building Question

DeletedUser9601

Apologies in advance for what will probably be a hard question to answer and require a lot of speculation. I'm a bit more than half done with S&D, so I'll likely be in Halflings for a good chunk of the Spring Event. I got very lucky with the Winter Event, and reached Woodelves right when some of the nice daily prize mana buildings were released. Getting 16 Mana Fountains really made Woodelves and S&D easy, as 1. mana was rarely a gating item, and 2. I saved millions of gold/supplies by not having to build Willows/Libraries.

So I'll likely have a shot at getting some nice daily buildings in Halflings, and it looks like some of the unique daily prizes offer either mana or seeds. So my question is which sort of building I should aim for (e.g. Burning Pool vs Golden Palace).

On one hand, I feel like Seed-producing buildings are best, because 1. there are no non-event buildings to boost seed production, and 2. I do not have a ton of AW levels (less than 25 aggregate AW levels). On the other hand, 1. the Mana-producing buildings are incredibly efficient, and 2. I don't have a good sense of whether the number of seeds offered from these buildings is meaningful.

Anyways, all of this depends on when each daily prize shows up on the calendar, and where I am in research. But I'm curious what folks in Halflings and Elementals think of some of these buildings.

Thistleknot

I'm currently in Elementals. I do have 17 Ancient Wonders that have an average level of 5. So far I have more trouble getting mana than I do seeds. I think more things require mana than seeds. The technologies that need seeds are spaced out a bit so you have more time to collect them. At least for me, I would suggest getting a few buildings that get you seeds, but many focus on mana.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
(less than 25 aggregate AW levels)
17 Ancient Wonders that have an average level of 5
Thistleknot has more than triple your AW levels, and likely far more provinces open than you, so I'm not surprised that his gate was more often mana than seeds. YMMV

Are you planning on getting the Dragon Abbey as soon as possible? That will have a huge impact on your mana if you have a decent pile of spells.
For that reason I suggest that you go for seed buildings as you can always drop spells to pass a mana gate, and there is nothing short of diamonds that will get you past a seed spot.

DeletedUser9601

I'm hoping to get the Dragon Abbey, though I'm sitting on 10 Runes. So I'll need to get lucky (or spend a few days blowing up useless AWs to fill the wheel). I'm also sitting on 400 non-PoP spells. Good point about the Abbey. Not a source of mana I had thought much of.

Thanks to both of you!