• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sentient Goods and good production quests.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Events and fellowship adventures both have quests for a mixed production of tier 1 goods. The odd thing is that Sentient good production can be used for the FA badge but cannot be used for the event quests. This discrepancy has led me to ask the question, which way do you think these shorter productions should go? Should Sentient goods be used for all event and FA quests that require mixed production, should it be completely dropped, or is there another solution you think would be desirable?

DeletedUser12171

I cast a provisional no and would like to hear to what extent is the unavailability of 1d and 2d goods on L24+ manufactories affecting endgame players' ability to complete quests

Pheryll

Set Designer
I cast a provisional no and would like to hear to what extent is the unavailability of 1d and 2d goods on L24+ manufactories affecting endgame players' ability to complete quests

It used to be that 3hr sentient counted for 1 day in FA. This was "fixed" so now 3hr sentient counts as 3hr regular production in the FA. The issue now is that the fix has caused a discrepancy. I have not had a mixed 1 day/ 2day in events recently so I do not know if events are not counting at all or just using a pre-fixed FA model. It may well be that sentient goods need to be classified under one of the 4 regular productions.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I put "no" mostly because I figure if you are making sentient goods then you've already passed most of the challenges that the game has to offer, so a little setback like this is ok.
The idea behind factories has always been that you don't make everything yourself, instead, you specialize and trade.
The mixed T1 requirements in events and the FA are there specifically because they go against that idea, and force you to build factories that are bad.
Allowing you to use buildings that you already have(T4) would make the FA and events easier, which I am against.

DeletedUser3507

I put "no" mostly because I figure if you are making sentient goods then you've already passed most of the challenges that the game has to offer, so a little setback like this is ok.
The idea behind factories has always been that you don't make everything yourself, instead, you specialize and trade.
The mixed T1 requirements in events and the FA are there specifically because they go against that idea, and force you to build factories that are bad.
Allowing you to use buildings that you already have(T4) would make the FA and events easier, which I am against.

I voted yes...:) FA's sux way to much..

SoggyShorts

I voted yes...:) FA's sux way to much..
Being able to use your 1 level 27 marble to make Flacons and Bracelets by making moonstone instead of marble will not significantly reduce the suck.;)

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Being able to use your 1 level 27 marble to make Flacons and Bracelets by making moonstone instead of marble will not significantly reduce the suck.;)

When we had FA while I needed to be making sentient goods I was very happy that it worked either way. If sentient goods can't be used for FA while you're in chapter 12 or 13 then it would stop the game in it's tracks even worse than FA does anyway.

SoggyShorts

When we had FA while I needed to be making sentient goods I was very happy that it worked either way. If sentient goods can't be used for FA while you're in chapter 12 or 13 then it would stop the game in it's tracks even worse than FA does anyway.
o_O 2 factories more or less in a FS shouldn't break the FA...

SoggyShorts

1. Why? That is incredibly wasteful and inefficient.
2. That changes things how? The point is that it's really really unimportant whether you can make a demeter's bowl and call it a marble mosaic (or two)
You're talking about 2 squares of space to make a level 1 marble factory for a whole 6 days during an FA. Sorry, 4 squares.:rolleyes:
I can see 5 spots in your city right now where you can add a level 1 marble factory without moving any buildings.

If they are going to allow sentients to count for quests then the should get rid of level 1 buildings for them. Making 100 little workshops/factories was fun for a while, I wish quest were harder, make only max level buildings count (max level from the previous chapter or something)

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
o_O 2 factories more or less in a FS shouldn't break the FA...

Unless you are squeezing in every level 1 building you can and selling off any culture that isn't premium or culture plus that you need. I think every usable building counts in the FA. 2 more sets of T1 can add up to several badges

DeletedUser9601

I vote no. To Soggy's point, if you have sentient goods as an option, you have (or should have) plenty of city space available. I don't want to give a crutch to people being sentimental about old culture buildings, or people who think Thrones is a worthwhile use of city space.