• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sentient goods and research

Am I the only one who is absolutely struggling to get the amounts needed in sentient goods to complete research? I am about halfway through the Elevenar chapter and completely stalled because I can't get anyone to take trades and I am becoming extremely frustrated and frankly on the verge of saying to heck with it and just quit. It is hard enough with the decaying crap every night to get a large amount of one good, but then most of the research calls for two and a couple for three. How are you supposed to do this when nobody is taking the darn trades? In my honest opinion, you either need to adjust the amounts lower or even better yet, stop the stupid decaying crap.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think the goods were intended to be a struggle, much more so than KP. Some things I found helped (which you might already be doing)

It's mostly S3 you need for techs. I built a second and third of my S3 good and mothballed one of my two S1 for a couple of months to do it
I ran Magical Manufacturing spells every day
Even though I don't usually do cross tier, I had to give that up and take peoples offers of S3 for S1 and S2 some times
If you have room for the D222 Simia Sapiens, it reduces your decay
If you have room for the D111 Timewarp, it increses your Sx output, though it's benefit is probably inconsequential if you are not doing tournaments and having trouble finding time to do them.

Pheryll

Set Designer
If you have room for the D222 Simia Sapiens, it reduces your decay
If you have room for the D111 Timewarp, it increses your Sx output, though it's benefit is probably inconsequential if you are not doing tournaments and having trouble finding time to do them.

If you can research in 5 days or fewer, then the Timewarp has a greater effect than the Simia for stockpiling sentient goods.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If you can research in 5 days or fewer, then the Timewarp has a greater effect than the Simia for stockpiling sentient goods.
Hm, I hadn't noticed it starts at a 24% boost, which works out to just a hair over your decay (assuming full relic boost), so @Pheryll is right, even at level one, the Timewarp basically counters all of your decay and provides a tiny amount extra, while Simia only counters part of it.

Chriger

The spire buildings can be a very efficient source of Sentient goods, if you get enough of them and have the link bonuses.

sam767

The tools are in the game to address this. As others said: Extra factories, Timewarp, simia, and the moonstone set. I have a huge moonstone set footprint that adds significant S1 and S3 (CH15). I recently made huge S1 for S3 trades to get the S3 I need for tech. I have 2,2,3 factories and somehow have more than enough seeds to keep up. I recently added Sunset Towers and seed buildings in the last event and they are back over 100K.

I have the simia, all the moonstone, and putting out plenty of my s3 boost....problem is, nobody is taking the trades I put up no matter how large or small, it is taking me weeks to complete one research, I would feel blessed to get one done in 5 days, and have no room right now for the time warp unfortunately.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Hm, I hadn't noticed it starts at a 24% boost, which works out to just a hair over your decay (assuming full relic boost), so @Pheryll is right, even at level one, the Timewarp basically counters all of your decay and provides a tiny amount extra, while Simia only counters part of it.

Here is how the calculation is done, the multiplier represents the amount of daily production retained over mulitple days:

5 day for Timewarp:
Level 1 Multiplier: 1.03 * (1-0.9^5)/(1-0.9) = 4.218
Level 13 Multiplier: 1.1 * (1-0.9^5)/(1-0.9) = 4.505
Level 30 Multiplier: 1.2 * (1-0.9^5)/(1-0.9) = 4.914

6 day for Timewarp:
Level 1 Multiplier: 1.03 * (1-0.9^6)/(1-0.9) = 4.826
Level 13 Multiplier: 1.1 * (1-0.9^6)/(1-0.9) = 5.154
Level 30 Multiplier: 1.2 * (1-0.9^6)/(1-0.9) = 5.623

5 day for Simia:
Level 1 Multiplier: (1-0.912^5)/(1-0.912) = 4.194
Level 13 Multiplier: (1-0.94^5)/(1-0.94) = 4.435
Level 30 Multiplier: (1-0.98^5)/(1-0.98) = 4.804

6 day for Simia:
Level 1 Multiplier: (1-0.912^6)/(1-0.912) = 4.825
Level 13 Multiplier: (1-0.94^6)/(1-0.94) = 5.169
Level 30 Multiplier: (1-0.98^6)/(1-0.98) = 5.708

Kekune

nobody is taking the trades I put up no matter how large or small
How big or small are you offering? How many stars? Same- or cross-tier?

I used to struggle with sentient trades, too. Mine usually move quickly if (a) I make them 3-star and (b) I post 10k or more at a time. I have the goods that are always offered, never requested on my world, so smaller offers get lost in the pile.

AtaguS

Here is how the calculation is done, the multiplier represents the amount of daily production retained over mulitple days:
Wow, thanks for this!
I'm laughing because I invested 2 weeks into getting enough rune shards to finally (this morning) build my Simia. I'm wondering now if I should abandon construction and begin to invest shards into the Time Warp. It's a smaller footprint too...my only hesitation is the increase in troop collection the SS gives. But I do realize this thread is about sentient goods so will leave it there.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I used to struggle with sentient trades, too. Mine usually move quickly if (a) I make them 3-star and (b) I post 10k or more at a time. I have the goods that are always offered, never requested on my world, so smaller offers get lost in the pile.
I decided yesterday that since my Moonstone Complex is contributing the Felyndril's Gumpocalypse, I could afford to take a hit on them to contribute to rebalancing. I've been offering large gum-for-whatever trades at a small (but three star) rate and using the proceeds to accept all* two star gum offers starting at the smallest. In less than 24 hours, I figure I've lost maybe 2000-3000 units, but have cut the gum offers from over 70 pages to under 40 (still lot of cross-Tier, which I try not to take at all). The total trades have gone from 104 pages to 73

* Except flair*****'s who constantly offers bad trades one way and even trades the other way to generate profit, which is not against any rules, just somewhat repugnant to me personally.

I have the simia, all the moonstone, and putting out plenty of my s3 boost....problem is, nobody is taking the trades I put up no matter how large or small, it is taking me weeks to complete one research, I would feel blessed to get one done in 5 days, and have no room right now for the time warp unfortunately.
Winyandor has a constant cosmic bismuth surplus issue. I wonder how much of it is due to moonstone gates giving bismuth to all at chapter 14 and above. We get sometimes 70 pages of everyone offering bismuth, and unless you give a very generous 3-star trade, they can be sitting there for days. We try to resolve this issue at the FS level by picking up the bismuth trades of fellows in chapter 15 as much as we can, but I understand if there aren't many players in your fellowship who are at chapter 16 this is not helpful for you.

sam767

Ceravyn has never been quite that unbalanced. 27 pages total this morning. 2 pages offering gum.13 offering Bismuth. I've seen it as high as 25-30 for Bismuth

Ceravyn has never been quite that unbalanced. 27 pages total this morning. 2 pages offering gum.13 offering Bismuth. I've seen it as high as 25-30 for Bismuth
70 pages is on the higher end, for example right now we have 55 pages of bismuth being offered out of 94 pages of all trades.

How big or small are you offering? How many stars? Same- or cross-tier?

No cross tier and always two star....right now I desperately need silly soap