• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sentient Goods are unbalanced

Palavyn

Direct interference requires some fairly complex predictive analysis to avoid doing more damage than good.

My latest suggestion would NOT produce any of the problems you're talking about. Again, my vision was always to mitigate (but not eliminate) the imbalances. I'll repeat it here.

Give us the option to convert any sentient good into Spire currency of its respective tier (1, 2, or 3). Whenever the spire requires a sentient good, it draws from our Spire currency before drawing from the particular good it's asking for. For example, I convert 50K Cosmic into 50K tier 3 spire currency. Then if I go to give some soap to one of the ghosts in the spire, it gives them the corresponding amount of my tier 3 spire currency instead. So effectively, I spend cosmic instead of soap when it asked for soap. When I don't have enough spire currency to satisfy the ghost, it draws from the sentient good that the ghost is asking for. Spire currency would decay just like any sentient good.

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
Ridiculous. You are none of those things.
You are a guy who buys up all of the produce in the store and then sells it in the parking lot.
Actually, the more accurate description is that I opened a store with better list prices for premium goods. Many premium good producers chose the convenience of selling their goods there, rather selling themselves and negotiating a still better price.

The people, who used to regularly cheat the premium good producers, disliked the lower list prices and most still refused to offer fair prices to the producers. Some were so lazy and unwilling to negotiate, that they accepted the bust out retail list prices offered by the store and complained "oh woe is me, see how the store has cheated me." and demanded the government close the store. Others offered fair prices to the premium good producers and were rewarded with their business. Some of the premium good producers upon seeing the bust out retail prices, chose to negotiate better deals for themselves. While most hoped that the store would no longer be needed, few premium good producers desired to go back to the old system that regularly cheated them.

Last edited:

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
Even if it only cleared the market once a week? Every three days? At least until inno can figure out what's wrong?
I think that is a productive solution. It would be good if every 2 or 3 star trade closed after it had sat for some time period, a week or three days sounds fair IMO although I would limit it to same tier trades so players were encouraged to build and keep all three tiers. If cross tier trades were autofilled, I would only build and produce Tier 3

Last edited:

DeletedUser6788

Tree Gum is my most abundant offer, so the premise of this post is incorrect. There is a definite imbalance in what is being produced for you, but it is likely a situation in all goods based on your location on the map which dictates who produces what.

DeletedUser18062

Well, if you guys think a stock market like thing would work I would say make it automatic. Meaning, I can mark that I’m in the market for x amount of a resource and would accept any 2 or 3* trade. Then trades happen without even placing a trade, it just matches people who are in the market and makes the trades happen.