• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sentient goods Arendyll

mephalia39

When is something going to be done about the lack of trades on the server except 0 star for people that make velvet and bismuth ? Only get a few picked up here and there on the weekend.This is causing people to not be able to get through the elvenar chapter, let alone the other chapters that require sentient goods. And the decay from all the waiting is ... :(

getmomo

Join a fellowship that more meets your needs. Also make sure you have the move my city box checked and you might get lucky and be moved to a better neighborhood.

Huor

One of the features they have in RoC is an NPC trader. They really need to add that feature to Elvenar. It would solve several problems.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Sentient trades are global for the whole server, so it doesn't help on sentient trades to be moved to a better neighborhood.

Heh, I was going to say that too. Someone could have zero active discovered neighbors and still have 100 pages of sentient goods trades.

As to the original question? I am at the end of chapter 18 on Arendyll and when I saw zero trades for what I needed, I posted my own trades, and usually with a small bonus for the person taking them, like offering 5500 for 5000 or 11000 for 10000. Those trades never lasted even a day and I was able to keep up with my researches and building upgrades.

mephalia39

Most of what I see in the trader is either people needing the same goods I do or 1 and 0 star trades. Usually when I put trades up I make them 3 star, but the delays and decay make it very frustrating, so its not like I can continuously afford that, especially when Im getting nowhere close to what is needed.

The Unbeliever

Most of what I see in the trader is either people needing the same goods I do or 1 and 0 star trades. Usually when I put trades up I make them 3 star, but the delays and decay make it very frustrating, so its not like I can continuously afford that, especially when Im getting nowhere close to what is needed.
This is why I've focused on aiming for event buildings that produce boosted +1/+2 in my cities...

Sure, they're still not nearly as efficient as many earlier prizes from years past, however, when I do eventually enter into Sentient goods, I'll have *some* additional non-boosted daily production and won't be 100% reliant on trading to get techs completed.
The downside being, my score is dog ****, since I tend to forgo things like additional armouries, factories & AW's, in favor of scoreless event buildings that simply produce more of what I actually need. ;)
(ie: currently being WE's chapter, I need tons of Orks for negotiating the Spire through Lv2 each week... sure I could build 4-5+ armouries, but why bother when it's far, far, far more economical to simply plant 5-6+ Ork Nest + Scare Carriage + Ork Ships, etc to produce more Orks per square?!)

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@mephalia39 I looked you up in Arendyll. You're both archmage and the most advanced player in your fellowship. So you probably are getting limited help from your FS for sentient good trades. I was in the EXACT same situation doing the sentient good chapters. The way I dealt with it was to build Elvenar Trade Center to enhance my Magical Manufacturing spells. I was using MM spell on my sentient good factories daily and I was posting sentient trades daily. Often as 3 star trades. But this will only really work if you have a good stockpile of MM spells built up from the tournament and such.

Another option for you might be to build Simia Sapiens. To be honest, my favorite part of SS is the bonus it gives to troop production. But since it also slows down sentient good decay, it might really help you with your current situation.

mephalia39

:) I use MM all the time and constantly craft them. Ya Im working on getting simsap runed. I wish wonders came in a smaller size:) Nice to know some others have survived the chapter here. I have completed it elsewhere, but trades on this world are harder. Appreciate the advice. :)