• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Separate notification lists

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I wish they would add 5 or 10 more pages to the notifications list as well. with sentiments goods on top of regular goods, it is easy to fill up the notifications list with just accepted trades. Also with the newly implemented NH only working from the notification tab this is needed even more then it was before. More neighbours are giving NH with it being easier to do so more pages would really help to be able to give that help back with the new feature without neighbours getting beat cause they were pushed out past the 10th page.

DeletedUser20539

I have been thinking the very same thing. It is important to me to help my neighbors from the World map as well as members of my FS. This is hard to verify if I have had a lot of trades on a given day. Please add pages to the NH pop-up. As little as 5 pages would be a great help.

AtaguS

I'm definitely in favor of adding 5 or more pages. The benefit is increased opportunity for NH visits and recognition. Not sure the negatives because I'm not knowledgable about coding, etc...but I can't see a negative impact on game balance, for example.

DeletedUser20539

good idea, but maybe instead of adding pages then making more notifications visible on each page. there is plenty of room for 9 maybe 12 pr page if they shrink the width of each entry.

:) Venar El, that's a good idea too. I'm not a computer whiz, but something tells me it would be easier for them to add some more of the pages they already have programmed than make a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Yeah I think the Devs might be more willing to add a few more pages as it would be less work to do then to add a new tab. Using a smaller font might be an easy way for them to have more notifications per page without a lot of work too!
That is the key to getting the Devs to implement new ideas is to try and make suggestions that are easier for them to implement as apposed to ones that they will have to redo whole parts of the game for.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
The notification is not set up to store all the history of your notifications. If you will like to keep more tabs on those you visit, feel free to visit them on a regular basis...or be mindful of the trades you place so the visited list does not completely disappear...Let us not forget that if those who wish to reciprocate your visits, they will be on your notification on a regular basis if you do the same.

The devs could make two separate ones, sure...but as those get filled, they will be asked to make those lists longer. The devs could expand the current one sure, but as those get filled they will be asked to make those longer. As human beings, we are insatiable. For those very reasons, I will not advocate the ideas here.

Xelie

AtaguS

Didn't they already increase it once by making more lines per page? Let's be real, they could make it 200 items and we'd ask for 250
Maybe, but I wonder if the new NH trading system being world wide has increased the number of trading alliances, and therefore notifications. Seems reasonable to ask devs to adjust for that increase.

DeletedUser25004

Then maybe you could consider advocating any other way of making helping the neighboors easier. I have a small city yet and i dont help my neighboors the regular way, because it takes too long for too little. But i allways help people back in the notifications because its fast.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Then maybe you could consider advocating any other way of making helping the neighboors easier. I have a small city yet and i dont help my neighboors the regular way, because it takes too long for too little. But i allways help people back in the notifications because its fast.
Almost nobody helps all their neighbours every day, and the game isn't balanced for it to happen. Each time they make it easier to visit more people they are injecting coin and supplies into the economy and also increasing (minuscule though it be) the amount of traffic between each client and the game servers.

I've been around long enough that having 4-5 pages of help to return feels like the lap of luxury.

Don't forget that when the new mechanism comes in shortly for archiving inactive cites, our help levels will be higher again than they were in the past. I think it's worth seeing what happens in the next six months before putting pressure on to make the lists longer or more discrete.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member

Feel free to utilize the mobile application, if I am up for the task I can visit all of my neighbors on mobile within 5 minutes, I have close to 500 scouts. For a small city, should take less than a minute. It is always best to utilize the resources at hand before requesting more. You have to be willing to utilize your resources, take a minute out of your day to achieve the very thing you are interested in achieving,

I do not have a suggestion to make helping neighbors easier, because I already find it easy enough.

Happy Gaming.

Last edited:

NightshadeCS

I do not have any issue with visiting my neighbors. If some of my neighbors fall off the end of the list, I spend some (very little) time on my phone while I watch a tv show going around and visiting to get back on track.

I agree that people need to stop posting 20x 1000 trades. Unless you find yourself highly mismatched in your FS or neighborhood, larger "chunks" of goods can be offered and accepted.

However, with sentient goods, even trading large bits of 6 different tiers (and usually two varieties for each; e.g., 10k silk for 10k scrolls AND 10k silk for 10k crystal), it can still clog things up.

My problem is being the person in my FS assigned to tracking visits. I have to be very careful in order to not miss anyone. I fully accept that folks like me are a minority, but it would be so nice if there were something out there to help us with that task.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
My problem is being the person in my FS assigned to tracking visits. I have to be very careful in order to not miss anyone. I fully accept that folks like me are a minority, but it would be so nice if there were something out there to help us with that task.

You do not need the notification list for fellowship visits because you just have to look at the member list and look for the gold hands to know who visited you in the 24 hours since you last visited them.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You do not need the notification list for fellowship visits because you just have to look at the member list and look for the gold hands to know who visited you in the 24 hours since you last visited them.
Maybe not for tracking, but some of us don't lke to return visits too quickly to avoid leaving them with a short window for receiving the return the next day. I try not to return for at least a couple of hours, so they have 3 hours or more to get the gold hands themselves. That's not possible from the FS list.