• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Separate notifications of visits from notifications of trades

lauren1957

Messages about folks taking your trade totally clog the message thread (and it's really bad once you're dealing with the merchant for ascended goods).

It's hard to make map neighbors into steady visitors when you don't know who visited you 'cuz they've fallen off the 10-page list. You have to go to your world map, and even that doesnt tell you who has visited. It only tells who you cannot visit.

This should not be tough to implement. You could add a drop-down in the current message area to separate out traders from visitors.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
There have been dozens of suggestions for them to do something with the notifications and from all the different forums, most likely. And definitely several here that should show up in a search. But anyway, we have been told that something is being worked on, just no details yet or when it would happen.

lauren1957

There have been dozens of suggestions for them to do something with the notifications and from all the different forums, most likely. And definitely several here that should show up in a search. But anyway, we have been told that something is being worked on, just no details yet or when it would happen.
Maybe "one more time" will make Inno actually IMPLEMENT something rather than saying they are "working on" it. Yeah, I'm "working on" lots of things, many of which will not be completed for a long time. With the 2nd set of ascendeds, notifications are a mess. One has to find a tablet and do their map repeatedly if they want map neighbor visits. It's ridiculous. I want a fix ascended to top priority, pronto.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@lauren1957
While I agree that 'one more time' is valid and continuing to 'bug' them has benefits, @Enevhar Aldarion was referring to suggestions placed in this forum section in recent weeks. There is a process to start getting an idea sent through channels to eventually reach someone with the power to implement; you can read about that process in 'Read before Posting'. The information that they are actively working on 'something' was given around 10 days ago in this post
Please note: unless you read and understand the process for getting your idea/suggestion to the devs in the 'read before posting' sticky, you won't understand helya's post giving us the information. But, unless we follow that process, all we're accomplishing is discussing it amongst ourselves. That's fine, but has little impact beyond us all agreeing 'something' needs to happen.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
+1. This has been asked for multiple times for years. I think it is even more important since the great move. I now have so many active neighbors that sometimes help visits fall off my notifaction pages before 24 hours have passed. @helya Can we put this to a vote?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Lol we've done that already, that was the strike for mobile parity. Once mobile gets manual fight, we'll have to start holding our breath.

That is still likely a never. Something about the amount of extra space it would require in a phone's storage, plus the bandwidth to run the fights as they do in browser. This game is already close to using 2 gb of storage. Having that go up a bunch just for the small number of manual fighters would cause a lot of people to no longer have room for the game.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
It wasn't submitted by our market but was voted to be forwarded on by all of the Community Managers back in September. The idea is currently on hold as "not a priority", but we have requested it to be revisited again since the big move. I can open this to a vote, but I can't forward the idea again, duplicate suggestions that were already forwarded are removed from the voting pool.

I do know this is important to our community, so I will continue to push for it.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Edit: Well, I should open other posts when I'm typing and get that notice, but I guess I'll never learn, lol!
Thank you @helya
Ok. I see her post. But I don't see where we voted on it back then either. And I don't see it in the list of forwarded suggestions.
The ideas only become 'forwarded' after they are voted as one of the top 3 by the CM's; that's when they're sent to the devs. Note: I could be wrong about that, it depends on what options are available for thread categories in the forum. Not sure that there's anything between 'voting' and 'forwarded'.
As far as us voting, no we didn't. As for the idea currently on the list, I don't think it originated in this forum. If the idea is one that is on the list the CM's are voting on, I don't think duplicate suggestions from other markets are viewed as needed.
My guess is each CM is voting for what they see as their market's 3 highest priority issues on the list. The voting from this forum is only to get it onto that list, and it's already there with both the possible solution from that thread (increase pages) and the one from this thread (separate tabs). I'd see it differently if we were providing a 3rd possible solution. It could possibly be an issue if items that don't make the top three at the end of a 2 wk voting period are automatically removed from the list, but I'm not sure what their procedures are for that either, obviously. I also think there is a limit on the number of ideas any one CM can place on that list at the same time.
Maybe @helya will chime in and tell us what she can about that piece of the process.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
The ideas only become 'forwarded' after they are voted as one of the top 3 by the CM's; that's when they're sent to the devs.

I also think there is a limit on the number of ideas any one CM can place on that list at the same time.
Maybe @helya will chime in and tell us what she can about that piece of the process.
I can add as many suggestions as I would like each cycle (2 weeks) the problem with adding more than 3 is that only 3 ideas from everything submitted that cycle are forwarded. If we submit 4, then one is definitely not moving on. I do sometimes hold your suggestions back until a slower cycle to ensure a better chance at getting more votes.

After an idea is moved past the initial voting phase it goes to a list that the developers can review and ask us questions about. From there we will get updates on whether or not it is being considered, considered with modifications, on hold, or outright rejected. We currently have 56 suggestions on this list (starting armories all at once was added twice accidentally) and we have had about 8 rejected, 5 are on hold, 7 are already implemented and 14 are listed as to be implemented. The rest are waiting on more information from CMs, or waiting for a response from the devs.