• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Separate the workshop start all feature

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Short version: Place the level 1 workshops on there own 'start all' timer.

Most ppl will agree that the addition of the 'start all' feature is awesome. (Thank you for that inno!)
However there is a difference between the manufacturies start all vs the workshop's start all feature.
The manufactries start all feature is separated by building level. Meaning i can start fifty lvl 1 marble factories at the same time, but it wont include the level nineteen manufactories in the same start all. They are separated.
The workshops currently have a start all feature.. but it includes ALL workshops no matter what the level is.

This difference has at least given us the chance to see the pro/con of each style. But i would suggest its time that the workshops start all feature have the level 1 workshops on a separate start all just like the manufacturies do.

One of the main uses for the start all feature is during Fellowship Adventures. For those that are able to make a lot of lvl 1 factories or lvl 1 workshops, this feature is a god send. It sucks having to start 50-100+ buildings one at a time. The start all saves so much time (and my sanity).

The manufactories start all are separated, which is great. I can start all my lvl 1 factories to 1 or 2 day productions, while keeping my leveld up factories working on 3h for the bracelet badge (produce x# goods).

However for the workshops, if i start all on my level 1 workshops, it will start every single workshop i have. Which then means i have to go and manually cancel each of my leveled up ws's. So i can set them to something else. - This is a negative to a great system addition in my opinion.

Another simple example; one iv dealt with the last few fa's.. Im usually able to fit 50 level 1 workshops. I also have 10 leveled up workshops. Now the brewers production for a level 1 (lvl 1 only) workshop was reduced to 2 min. while the leveled up factory is still 5 min. - Now i understand fully why they limited that to only lvl 1 ws's. I have no objection to that. But its another example of why having level 1 works shops on a different start all function just like the manufacturies would be a good idea.

Now i know there are little tricks to try and work around some of those issues in game. But the separation would eliminate the need to. And there really is no downside to this. You would still retain the ability to set any production one at a time if you wished. - Worst case scenerio is you wanted all lvl 1 ws and leveled up ws on the same production. So you have to start all on two buildings... ... ... which still beats doing 100 of them one by one. And it still ebats having to manually cancel leveled up buildings.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
I think for factories each level are started differently, not just the level 1. So when I upgrade my manufactories and they have different levels then I need to start them separately. So I assume your suggestion would be the same? So to me it is harder to start all if they are not all the same level, although I also sometimes run my levelled on different production than my level 1, so I can see both a benefit and a downside with your suggestion.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I can see the advantage of starting all level 1 workshops differently than all the rest. Perhaps Inno could just have level ones start separately and anything above that start all together, no matter the level. Would that work? (Frankly, I'd like that for manufactories as well.)

Yogi Dave

I like the idea that this only applies to level 1 workshops due to the massive use of them for FAs and to a much lesser extent events. At times all higher-level factories are not completely leveled due to a new chapter or space constraints. I've always wanted them set to the same production times. My play style doesn't require more than 3 or 4 workshops. Canceling them isn't much of a problem. So, this is a bonus for many, many others. Always a good thing to make life easier for others.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
But I like having to stop and undo all those leveled up workshops I have...uh 2? :p And, if they just had a button you check to "start all together," or "Don't start all together?" then you could uncheck it, start your leveled ones (10 is better than 100 to start separate), and then check it to start your lvl 1. Yeah, a "work around" but perhaps easier to implement. Don't really know.

In any case, I do like the idea of "lvl 1" starting separate. Maybe the check box should be: "Start lvl 1" and thus you start lvl 1. Uncheck it and, in the options you could have "start workshops together) as an option. So, check the lvl 1 and you just do lvl 1, check the option in the options and you start the rest all at once. But of course, that's just worse than the work around.... or is it?

More to my liking would be an "cancel" button for level 1 workshops. I have had, on occasion, 200 and go to start one thing only to hit the wrong button.... canceling 200 is NOT fun. And of course, the "don't ask, just sell lvl 1" or even "sell all lvl 1 without asking!"

So, my "wish list?" 1) Do as suggested by the OP. ;>). 2) Add the "cancel all lvl 1" and "sell all lvl 1 workshops/mfrs"

Other than that I'm not asking much. ;)

AJ

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
all my leveled up manufacturies are the same level. So im not positive if a few level 18 marbles and a few lvl 19 marbles would all start at once, or if those two would be separate. - And i could see pro/con on both sides there.

But i do know that ALL my workshops start at once with the start all feature.

So yes, my thoughts are mainly focued on the idea of separating lvl 1 workshops. I think it would be a small adjustment that would rly help with ease of life especially during fa's when we might have a lot of them out.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
all my leveled up manufacturies are the same level. So im not positive if a few level 18 marbles and a few lvl 19 marbles would all start at once, or if those two would be separate. - And i could see pro/con on both sides there.

They won't and Inno did it that way on purpose for factories and guest race production buildings, and armories in the app, I think. Only the workshops are not separated by level when checking the "select all" box.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
bumping this idea for hopfully more feedback. Posted it during the holidays so i figured it would be low then. But they are kinda past now, so bumping.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
ok.. no more feed back lol. It is a really basic suggestion, but i jsut expected someone to chime in against it, which is always bound to happen. Im quite surprised.

@helya I guess we can open it to a vote? Really nothing/little to debate.

defiantoneks

i'm not "for" or "against". it's sortof the double-edged sword thing. half the time it will be what you want, half the time it wont.
the only time i really want to set things separately is during an FA, at which time i usually group productions so i know which ones are doing what, and they dont overlap a lot. so i have my own process dor staging them out.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
i'm not "for" or "against". it's sortof the double-edged sword thing. half the time it will be what you want, half the time it wont.
the only time i really want to set things separately is during an FA, at which time i usually group productions so i know which ones are doing what, and they dont overlap a lot. so i have my own process dor staging them out.
i try to have my own organization as well. But thats always space permitting.
Worth specificying tho, that i dont nessicarly want all workshop levels with own start ups.. just the level 1's. Those are the ones ppl are using on mass during fa's or quests. There not using them normally for actual supplies.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
what?!?!
About a day ro two left and one person shows up to vote no...
As nice as it may be to have an idea supported by others, i was much more looking forward to the idea that for once, everyone was in agreement! Unheard of in these times!
:'(

So whoever voted no, im curious as to why? I see no downside to separating level 1 ws's start all feature from the rest.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
what?!?!
About a day ro two left and one person shows up to vote no...
As nice as it may be to have an idea supported by others, i was much more looking forward to the idea that for once, everyone was in agreement! Unheard of in these times!
:'(

So whoever voted no, im curious as to why? I see no downside to separating level 1 ws's start all feature from the rest.

Seems almost everything here gets at least one No vote from someone. Probably the same person every time too, practicing their Forum PvP skills. After all, if it is griefing someone, then they are "winning".

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
if this is a concern i can change future polls to have the voters viewable
Im sure youll have issues come up either way. /comfort
But if we do have ppl that go around here voting against every single thing for no reason other then to annoy, then that is a concern and can mess up the polls and suggestions. Dont want ppl to lose any faith in the system here.

Zoof

Our hopes and dreams! Shattered!

IF we grind them further, do you think it'll make a halfway decent cake ingredient?