• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Serious game lag

kctanzen

I use Chrome, have been for a long time.

Even after clearing cache and other utility locations multiple times, the game lag has been nearly unplayable in the tourney section the last couple of weeks.

Has anyone else been experiencing this?
If so, what suggestions do you have for me to try and correct it?

Thanks much.

NightshadeCS

No lag for me either, except a bit today. I my experience, lag often tends to be on my end, or at least my ISP. I suppose it could depend on the server, though.

My only suggestions for eliminating lag issues that may be on your end: make sure you have HTML5 enabled instead of the old (and soon to be defunct) Flash. Reset your router and/or modem. Check upload and download speeds (your ISP should offer one on their website, or there are tons of free ones on the web). You can also see if your ISP has a known issue in your area on their website. You can also call your ISP and have them check to see if there are any issues.

I also sometimes have lag when I have too many programs open on my computer. I remote in to other computers for work, so if I do, my bandwidth is sometime getting a chunk eaten out of it. When I have lag, I close other programs to make sure they are not affecting performance. Also, a good old restart of the computer can help.

Sorry if these all seem like banal suggestions. Some folks run through all of these as a matter of course and are looking for more sophisticated suggestions, the expertise of which I do not possess.

DeletedUser7256

I use Chrome, have been for a long time.

Even after clearing cache and other utility locations multiple times, the game lag has been nearly unplayable in the tourney section the last couple of weeks.

Has anyone else been experiencing this?
If so, what suggestions do you have for me to try and correct it?

Thanks much.
Not a reply......I also use chrome and tried firefox. When changing from flash, I experience serious lag in all functions mostly in the tournaments. The tournament takes almost 2 hours for just one province of 4 battles. Also clearing the cache and other utility locations several times, still so s l o w .... What other can I use besides the html5? I know I just have a couple of days left till the change

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You have more than a couple of days. Flash is dead next December. Various browsers will stop working with or over the next few months

That said, I've been using HTML for close to a year with no issues in the tournament.