• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Set Bonuses for Event Buildings

Hawk1911

The Devs put in an amazing effort to create unique buildings for each event. Many are very beautiful, funny, entertaining, etc...however, they often don't produce/generate enough (population, culture, goods, Seeds, mana, etc...) to justify the space they take up. Because we have limited space, each square needs to be utilized as efficiently as possible, often driving players to collect only the most efficient buildings, regardless of their appearance or artistic beauty (remember the Hungry Treasure..disgusting! But I had 8 of them because I needed the mana.) The vast majority of the daily prize buildings never get placed in cities and those buildings end up being "filler content" that are largely ignored.

Idea: Introduce a Set Bonus for the daily prize buildings.
1. The set bonus should not be large, but something that would make them more efficient and useful (for example) than collecting 10 of the best mana producing buildings.
2. If thought through, the event buildings could turn into a little "village" similar to the guest races, an area that could be replenished/replaced each event as new event buildings are added. I know some may balk at the idea of dedicating more space to a 3rd area. For those, I challenge you, do you already have a 3rd area dedicated to culture(early game)/mana/seeds/etc? (I currently have 7 Manta Ray's and 15 Festival Merchants for chapter 14)
3. It would create a new challenge and motivate players to collect more of the event buildings.
4. Maybe the Evolving building is the "capstone" for the set and could act like a mini Main Hall.
5. It could increase revenue for Inno by:
A. more premium expansions (for people who want to collect all of them)
B. Players will use royal restorations to keep sets like like or find useful, which will lead to more diamond sales.
C. Increased daily play, motivate daily collection of prizes, and in turn keep the player base active
D. Provide value for something that a lot of work was already put into.

Last edited:

zalfenior

It may be tricky to balance, but I wouldnt mind seeing event buildings getting added to a few new sets. Plus it would ease up the pressure to get several of one because you would likely get more bang for your buck with one or a few of a "set".