• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Set building

Pheryll

Set Designer
I already gave the following message to @Ælfwine.

The descriptor of "multiple sets" seems a little odd due to its functionality. As Tedious' example shows, one can chain set buildings in an A-B-A-etc. connection and all of them would benefit from a single road even if the link bonus would be redundant in various links of the chain. The end result is that you could have the equivalent of multiple sets linked together so long as any A-A connections would have a pathway around to make them A-B-A.
[Your description] may well be the intent, but it is not remotely working as described. This description appears to be just a repackaging of the FoE system, which, I am told, will give all set buildings full bonus if they are all connected. This is why you have described the second B as only giving a single production, when it is unclear how B is actually linked in (A-B and B-C could form separate sets). Here in Elvenar, the implementation looks at each link, and gives bonuses based on the link- not on how "complete" the full set is. This is why people have pursued duplicate buildings. They cannot get the full bonus for more than one easter set building without having duplicates to ensure that links to one event building are also all accounted for on another.

He replied but did not discuss any of the details.

I was not commenting on functionality or anything else, I was simply confirming for players how Set Buildings are intended to work at this time to try to cut down on some of the confusion after the update. If they are not working as intended, then we will certainly look in to those cases as we see them :)

It looks like this is as official as it gets until things get better internally sorted out.

DeletedUser3434

I dont even know about the bonuses. I started this game just for past time. I had 3 Frozen and to save space on roads I put 3 side by side and they produced elixir for me. That is all I got, I was happy. Then it gets changed and now each one needs a road. No saving space. I am NOT a "POWER" player I'm just playing to have fun. Which get hard when the rules are changed.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Here in Elvenar, the implementation looks at each link, and gives bonuses based on the link- not on how "complete" the full set is. This is why people have pursued duplicate buildings. They cannot get the full bonus for more than one easter set building without having duplicates
Set buildings would be much more desirable (and yet still not overpowered imo) if having a "full set" meant one of each, and that gave full bonuses to all of its buildings. I would love it if inno went this route for Elvenar, and hopefully coupled it with a nice "square" shape when placing a full set.

The Unbeliever

Set buildings would be much more desirable (and yet still not overpowered imo) if having a "full set" meant one of each, and that gave full bonuses to all of its buildings. I would love it if inno went this route for Elvenar, and hopefully coupled it with a nice "square" shape when placing a full set.
...which is exactly how they work in FoE. ;)
(oh, and also being complete bonkers-OP at the same time!:p)

Pheryll

Set Designer
One thing should be added to this discussion. This is the only forum where set building ramifications are being discussed at length. The Beta forum and English forum do not have this. Part of me wonders if @Ælfwine's explanation is more controversial than the actual change projection or the developer's intent.