• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Set Buildings

DeletedUser9601

For all the confusion of the email, so long as those emails give dates on when the best daily prize buildings will be offered, I'm all for it!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
[From the email]"You can get started once you have the Orc Vortex. The complete set fits on an area of 7x7 squares and will deliver the maximum production amount and all the bonuses."
This part is simply wrong. Yes, you can fit one of each building into a 7x7 grid, but it is absolutely impossible to get "all the bonuses" by doing just that.
In fact, no matter how many buildings you get, you simply cannot have every building touching all 3 other types of buildings. There will always be at least 1 building that touches fewer than 3, therefore they will never all "deliver the maximum production".
Here are a few possible set-ups I've been playing with
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/14e2f63906674b3594382455ed0075ce/

DeletedUser9601

I skipped the hand... still can't decide if I'm going all doubles or all fountain... I'm running through spells fast as a mana source, that fountain gets more tempting by the day. A line of them would be nice without the links I think.
That's how I feel. Even if I don't like how the sets work, or if I just don't have space to lump them all together, the Fountains are still very nice buildings as a stand-alone.

kctanzen

Since I was unlucky with the RNG on the Giant's Hand, I'm assuming I am SOL for getting the complete set now :(

Being, maybe 1/3ish through dwarfs (I haven't a good feel for progression) - any suggestions for what I should save box openings for now?
Thanks!

qaccy

I'm pretty bummed that I missed out on getting any Giant's Hands. It's my own fault, though - I somehow completely forgot to open the event window for the entire day that it was available so in a way I never even realized it was there.

Since a repeat is unlikely, I think I'm just going to approach it the same way I did Eldrasil and only open chests on the double crown days...

DeletedUser9601

Being, maybe 1/3ish through dwarfs (I haven't a good feel for progression) - any suggestions for what I should save box openings for now?
Thanks!
I'd aim for the best pure culture or best culture/pop buildings, and ignore the set structure. Maybe do the math and see if you can still get the 3rd grand prize by using Double Crown days?

Dwarves and Fairies are pretty quick chapters, so getting great event buildings isn't super-critical, because you'll soon be in Orcs, and replacing old events with items that are either better on a per-sq basis, or replacing them to make more guest race space. I'd aim for Sleighful of Ice Cubes (really high-efficiency culture that isn't matched until the Pond of Recreation - end of Fairies), Fishing Spot and Frozen Shipwreck (both higher pop on the pop/culture spectrum),

Frozen Shipwreck is in 2 days' time, so you might not be able to save up enough before then.

DeletedUser5800

any suggestions for what I should save box openings for now?
Thanks!
Choices, choices... I wouldn't be that sad about the set, unless you are near the end it's a lot of space for not the greatest gains, and I would argue that it still isn't worth it for very long even then assuming the next chapter comes along, starves people for space and offers better stuff anyway. Parts of the set will become worthless quick but people will hold them for the links longer than they should. I think it's a trick... anyway back to the question: mostly an echo of the answers above.

You can use double days if you can get most/all of sequential quest done for the third grand and use the battle buffs to farm Kp out of the tournament to put in your fav. AW. (which is the choice I like, especially if your boost isn't maxed and you can use the buffs for many needed relics )

Or if you don't think you can make it you can look for the Sleigh Full of Ice Cubes for pure cult.

Or if you need supplies often you could consider grabbing as many Fountains and Vortexes as you can and build a handless 'Supply' set around the Troll Mountain. (Which will cause a problem later when you have to sell it and suddenly need WS's, Res's. and Cult to replace)

Or considering whatever you do will be fairly temporary you could do what most people do and just grab everything you like to look at. (We have a unicorn collector in our FS and at least 3 tree collectors that have lots of fun without stressing the numbers)

I think if I were in dwarves I'd be looking at doubles and possibly a few sleighs if I could get them without missing the 3rd grand because of it.

Note: After going heavy into cult/pop myself in last yrs winter event and then making one hell of a population hole when it came time to transition into Mana I try not to encourage anyone to go heavy into those. (but it was insanely helpful for a couple of chapters)

DeletedUser9601

Note: After going heavy into cult/pop myself in last yrs winter event and then making one hell of a population hole when it came time to transition into Mana I try not to encourage anyone to go heavy into those. (but it was insanely helpful for a couple of chapters)

I think this is why the 3rd Grand Prize is the best bet for mid-chapter players. You get 1 really nice building that acts as an awesome boost for a few chapters, but then its not too painful to replace once you get to Orcs or otherwise grow out of it. Plus the 3rd Grand Prize is typically the most efficient building, so it will stay relevant longer.

kctanzen

Thanks for the tips and thoughts about later chapters.
It looks like the frozen shipwreck item is almost as good culture as my temple of ages -- with a really nice pop bonus added.
I was able to get through all of the sequential quests for the Eldrasil event and wound up with the Holy Halls item.
If I recall, I was a fair bit off the 3rd prize though.

So .. if I focus on a couple of the items suggested by you folks here and the rest on double days .. I might get that last prize this time too!

Cheers!!

DeletedUser5800

So .. if I focus on a couple of the items suggested by you folks here and the rest on double days .. I might get that last prize this time too!
The Sequential Quest will give you 4,449 keys and the Daily is 1,260 so if one assumes the last double day is at least a week from the end and subtracts 245 from dailies and have finished the sequential they are left with 5,466. To get the 3rd for sure from doing the 140 chest on double days you need 37 rolls (1,450 crowns/40 = 36.25 round to 37x140) so 5,180 keys... if we leave the dif for safety that basically leaves you being able to spend any keys you win back on other things if you happen to keep track of it. (and of course anything you pick up off the ground is just extra). :)

Arkadia

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but I'm not too excited about the set buildings :/
Even glancing through the posts here, I was hoping to find something I may have missed, but still no tickle...
Space is being the biggest challenge of the game, I'm just not going to worry about sticking buildings together to get some more coins or goods, which could be easily gained elsewhere.

Using up some of my keys i opened up enough chests to get the second grand prize, so I may get the Fountain which I like, but will pass on the others, and just get the 3rd grand prize on the next double crown day.

As for pop and/or mana needed, I agree it really depends on the stage you're in. After you get the AWs at the end of D&S, mana shouldn't be a problem either.
I'm done w the Halflings, and I look forward to finally use my piles of mana that just keeps decaying atm :/

DeletedUser3820

Hi Ya'll, I need to ask a question and I don't mean to sound stupid but the set buildings all have to touch right? Well I have the 2nd prize and 2 of the giant hands and the prize and one of the hands go together but the other hand has to have a road, but it is touching the other hand, what am I doing wrong? Any help would sure be appreciated :) GS

DeletedUser5800

but the other hand has to have a road, but it is touching the other hand, what am I doing wrong?
I never heard the answer on if same types would count each other and not need a road so I guess you found out the answer. Same types won't link so don't 'set' and it is recognizing a set of two and second set of one. My guess. If that is the case it screws up my plan to have a line of fountains without needing road. :eek:

Edit: It should only require one road connection, you may have found a bug.

Last edited by a moderator: