• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Set Buildings

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I wonder if GuardianSherri has one of the other link buildings as well, so is getting a link bonus. Maybe that is why the second hand won't work with only one road? Could you check if you put a hand, then a fountain, then another hand and see if the link makes the other hand need a road. @SoggyShorts

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Could you check if you put a hand, then a fountain, then another hand and see if the link makes the other hand need a road. @SoggyShorts
route.jpg

This works on Beta, can't test live

Last edited:

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
So I added today's building to the other two
but it looks like my buildings are still paying out two prizes instead of three.

Anyone else notice this?
Am I misunderstanding how it works?

DeletedUser9247

but it looks like my buildings are still paying out two prizes instead of three.

Anyone else notice this?
Am I misunderstanding how it works?
I thought that was exactly how it's supposed to work. You get additional goods from extra linked buildings, but the 1, 2 ,3 links count only for the variety of connections not their numbers.

DeletedUser5800

If you have 3 buildings all touching each other they should each have 2 links, 1 for each unique building they touch, to get the third link you will still need the vortex and for it to be touching as well. When 1 is touching all other 3 it will have 3 links. If this isn't what is happening contact support.

Example: If you have building A, B and C,
A gets 1 link for touching B and 1 for touching C = 2 links
B gets 1 link for touching A and 1 for touching C = 2 links
C gets 1 link for touching A and 1 for touching B = 2 links
Without building D you can not get 3 links.

Last edited by a moderator:

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
If you have 3 buildings all touching each other they should each have 2 links, 1 for each unique building they touch, to get the third link you will still need the vortex and for it to be touching as well. When 1 is touching all other 3 it will have 3 links. If this isn't what is happening contact support.

Ah Ha

I moved the new building so it touches both of the others, and it is indeed now producing more.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/993d24e33cf3445f9e9523f207270d20/
^^This should take you to my plan for the set buildings. The footpaths just show where the road runs and how it will connect to the set. I'm very early in Orcs; just built my first Rally Point. For me, the Orc Vortex is my main focus. From what I've read, once I finish Orcs (in a few months, apparently) my culture needs will change because of the introduction of mana. I arranged the 'culture zone' to make it easier to transition everything to Willows. So, I'm using the event buildings to set up my Orc chapter only, planning on everything being sold off in Woodelves. I've gotten a shipwreck and also plan to make a modest attempt on the sleighful of ice cubes; both will replace existing lower culture buildings.
Of the set buildings on the plan, I already have 1 hand & 2 fountains. I have finished the sequential quest line of the event and have 3367 keys, so good odds of getting the 2 vortexes and will get the Troll as well. I'm still unsure if the fountains are going to give supplies or elixir, but my primary goal is to get as many bonuses as possible on the other buildings either way. I'm shoring up workshops to prepare for the possible decline in supplies anyway and I've saved a bunch of instants for this chapter on purpose to help with supplies.
I think this is the most efficient placement for the set. I've worked with it so long, I can't see any other arrangement that works as well. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.
Knowing I will still gain keys from daily quests and pick-ups, I should have more by the time the vortex comes up. How many keys do you think I should hoard for the vortex day? I'm only opening the small chest to try to smooth out the randomness. I'm trying to get an idea of what other buildings I might try for since it looks like the vortex will be close to the end of the event. I have space for an additional sleighful of ice cubes if I get the first one quickly, but I'm trying to establish how many keys I will throw at it before stopping. Also, still have time to see if there are additional buildings coming out that might be useful instead.
**I promise not to come here and threaten to quit if, despite my best efforts and planning, I end up with 0 vortexes or sleighs.**
I made an A in statistics decades ago; I understand how odds work: they don't stack, they reset with each attempt.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@samidodamage
There are not very many ways you can get the max boost out of the orc vortexwhile maintaing the full set bonus on your troll, and none that are significantly better than your plan as far as I can tell.
It should take around 500 keys per building, so I would budget for double that (2K keys for 2 orcs).
I'm still unsure if the fountains are going to give supplies or elixir
They should give elixir if your boost is gems.

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
It should take around 500 keys per building, so I would budget for double that (2K keys for 2 orcs)
That's exactly what I was thinking, but I got there a different way. I was figuring 20 attempts/building should be enough. And I hope to save more than that (?25/bldg) 'just in case', lol! But that gives me the leeway to make an attempt at the sleigh.

They should give elixir if your boost is gems.
I'm boosted in gems, so that works. I'm keeping a dwarves lvl and a fairies lvl mana hut (cause they're small and easy to squeeze in); still undecided about the 3 fairies lvl orc nests vs 3rd gems factory. Or, maybe keep 3rd gems, level it slower than the others, and 1 of the orc nests? Not sure how long it will be before the gems factories will make those lvl buildings obsolete.

Thanks for those suggestions. I'm working on a single map for my entire city that is updated (lvls as well as sizes) so I can make better use of the 'reports' section of the planner. I can easily plug these configurations into that map to see what happens regarding the surrounding culture bldgs. I can't even remember the different ways I tried them against the other culture bldgs, lol!

dikke ikke

I have 3 hands, 3 fountains and 1 troll, i hope to get 2 vortexes. If my calculations are correct 1 hand and 1 fountain will not touch 3 different set buildings