• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Forwarded Sets

Would be linking sets to one unity a good idea, if you can link and unlink them to be upgraded.

• Yes

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Singura

To be able to link all buildings in a complete set to one building. This way when rearranging your city one does not loose, forget, or have to search for all parts of the set.
The buildings can be linked for moving purposes, but can be unlinked once placed. This way, each single building can be upgraded by itself, or additional building parts can be added at anytime.
Maybe could be done by highlighting the buildings, which prompts a message”link to next building“

Last edited:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
would it also work if you have partial set? full set with extra pieces? What about the same set but with 2 different setups you wish to keep separate? Does fusing them or defusing :) them reset their timers?

Your idea needs to cover all of these scenarios.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
would it also work if you have partial set? full set with extra pieces?
I don't see why not. clicking the "fuse" toggle to "on" simply moves that piece as well when an adjacent piece from the same set is moved
Does fusing them or defusing :) them reset their timers?
Sure, moving one piece now resets the timer to prevent multi-link abuse, so fusing shouldn't circumvent this.
What about the same set but with 2 different setups you wish to keep separate?
Do you mean 2 totally different configurations? So you'd click the set and the pieces would re-arrange themselves into a pattern you've previously saved? That sounds like its way beyond the scope of this suggestion.
Edit: not what he meant. issue addressed in next post.
Lol Dave
I seem to recall that this was on @SoggyShorts ' wish list.
That sounds true... although I'd be more interested in letting me click on one piece to collect from all. Those mana plants and their floating icon don't line up at all...

Last edited:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
@SoggyShorts I was just throwing out use case scenarios that will need addressing. Might be more but unless the OP is updated the thread wont go anywhere.

It is quite conceivable for a person to have more than 1 setup, especially with moonstone but anyone who has multiple set pieces. So how does the idea handle such a scenario? Lets say you have a moonstone set piece in the bottom left corner and a seperate setup squeezed in on the top tight of your town. Can those be fused independently, can only 1 fusion occur for sets with same name? Is there a limit to how many unique combinations of the same set?

The idea needs to flesh out all the possible scenarios that can be thought of for the devs to get a clear picture of what we are expecting and to assess the time involved with such a thing. It is a lot more complex than just "can we fuse a set?"

SoggyShorts

I was just throwing out use case scenarios that will need addressing.
Right, and I was addressing them. The OP can be updated later.
Lets say you have a moonstone set piece in the bottom left corner and a seperate setup squeezed in on the top tight of your town. Can those be fused independently
The simplest way would be for each piece to have a fuse toggle.
When the toggle is off the piece moves and behaves normally in every way.
When the toggle is on and an adjacent set piece of the same set is moved the fused piece also moves

So yes, you could have dozens of fused 2-piece+ moonstone sets scattered throughout your city, and so long as they didn't touch each other they could be moved independently.

C-Nymph

letting me click on one piece to collect from all
Sure, this could be handy when you want it, but let them then please make this an option to choose, not a standard. I collect my set buildings separately during events to complete quests. Don't want to collect too many goods at once that I could've used for another quest.

Though I wholeheartedly agree on the fact that for some buildings, the floating collection icon needs some work realigning! Seems like the floating icon has a different position depending on who made the design :p

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'd find it convenient, but I feel like this is a complex operation which doesn't offer a much as it might hope to. If it comes to a finished idea and a poll, I'll probably vote for it, but I won't hold my breath on it happening.

Now if you suggested a diamond option that allows you to trade one of each building in a set for a single diamond-only option with the same results, I can see the devs considering that.

i.e.: trade your five Moonstone Library pieces and 500 diamonds for a 4x6 "Moonstone Complex" with stats equal to the lowest chapter of the buildings in your set. (Or just require that they all be same chapter to transact.)

SoggyShorts

Now if you suggested a diamond option that allows you to trade one of each building in a set for a single diamond-only option with the same results, I can see the devs considering that.
I like the idea of making it a premium option so that it has a chance, but the convienience of easily moving a set a few times per year isn't worth diamonds on it's own imo. Also making it permanent and therefore losing flexibility feels like a penalty.

Unless... Can a fused set be upgraded to the next chapter with a single blueprint? That might entice me

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I like the idea of making it a premium option so that it has a chance, but the convienience of easily moving a set a few times per year isn't worth diamonds on it's own imo. Also making it permanent and therefore losing flexibility feels like a penalty.

Unless... Can a fused set be upgraded to the next chapter with a single blueprint? That might entice me
It's an event building, not a magic building, so I'd guess not, though I suppose it can be whatever they want.

On the other hand, they could make the fused set one row smaller as an incentive. If the "Moonstone Complex" were 4x5 instead of 4x6, that would probably make it a bit more tempting. And in the same way, the sets that don't fit nicely into a rectangle could be adjusted down to do so. So instead of needing two of something to get all the bonuses, you trade an entire set to take up slightly less space in exchange for trading to the locked version.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I'm liking this idea.
Personally I would want to see it like this.

Click on any piece in a connected set ( either completed, uncompleted, or completed with extras ) and get a fuse/unfuse option.
If fused it could be collected all at once and moved as a single piece.
But you can choose to unfuse at any time in order to do separate collections or upgrades.
If you choose to upgrade fused pieces, it would be like any other event building, one rr per square.
Also: If you add set pieces to an already fused bundle, the added pieces would not automatically fuse.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
@Singura lol
Number one reason would be lack of RRs number two reason would be...sometimes when you upgrade certain buildings to a new chapter they provide different stuff. So if the building is giving you T2s and you upgrade it it will start giving T3s or mana or seeds or..... the list goes on. Always check the production changes before you drop RRs so you know you are happy with the production changes.