• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Several Questions

Elfie51

1st: How in the heck do you use the Cauldron??? I have asked many people and no one knows how to use it.

2nd: How do you get diamonds when you do not spend any money in the game?

3rd: on the right side of the city there are buildings there, how do you get them? I got about 4 but have no idea where they came from.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
1) you get free witch points each week to do whatever with…or not. Throw stuff in the cauldron and brew to get some temporary bonuses. You get goblets from doing tourney too. More goblets = more chances to hit a bonus. After the brew, you can throw stuff from inventory to improve cauldron bonus efficacy by using it to buy more witch points and using witch points to buff potions. It’s basically a way to use up hoarded goods. Any or all of it can be ignored, or in my case, forgotten about.

2) Best consistent source is climbing Spire while being in a gold FS. Other sources are Daily Prize (mobile), Goddess, Genie, and MA Mystery Object chest.

3) they are just art from building certain wonders.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
1st: How in the heck do you use the Cauldron??? I have asked many people and no one knows how to use it.

2nd: How do you get diamonds when you do not spend any money in the game?

3rd: on the right side of the city there are buildings there, how do you get them? I got about 4 but have no idea where they came from.
1. This is the most complex question of the three. There is a looot of info and opinions on the Cauldron. Basically, you have more effects open to you the more chapters you have completed (all researches done in a chapter). Each effect has the potential to be triggered by four different ingredients, with varying degrees of likelihood between them. You need to figure out which ingredients give you the best chance at the effects you want (do you want military boosts or extra goods production, more coins or increased guest race production, etc.?), and then put some of those particular ingredients into the Cauldron and brew it. Because it’s a percentage chance of success, you won’t always get an effect, and you won’t always get the effect you were aiming for. If you have Witch Points left over, you are then able to use them to upgrade the possible effects for next week, meaning you’ll probably get a better and longer-lasting effect the next time you brew.

2. Diamonds are most easily acquired through the Spire. You’ll get the most if you’re in a fellowship that has lots of Spire climbers, but even if you’re the only person to climb the Spire each week you’ll gain a few diamonds, which will slowly add up. Diamonds can also be gotten from a few buildings: Genies (won in the Spire), and Goddess of Wishes (gift for finishing all quests in an event).

3. If you mean the buildings in the cliffs, outside the city grid, those are called cliff art. 6 of the early-game wonders (the Great Bell Spire/Crystal Lighthouse, the Sanctuary/Martial Monastery, the Mountain Halls, the Dwarven Bulwark, the Prosperity Towers, and the Blooming Trader Guild) each put artwork on the cliff when they are built. You can see which wonder gives what part of the cliff art on the appropriate wiki page, e.g. The Dwarven Wonders: https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Dwarven_Ancient_Wonders The art is just there to look pretty, and will disappear if you delete the wonder that created it.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I'm going to answer the first part. It's the hardest, but also the thing people are most confused about. So here goes.

Elvenar is a city building and management game. You have all kinds of things to manage and just about everything takes some resources. So creating those resources at the highest levels is what you focus on. In general most players end up managing "catering" cities (cities that do what they do through the use of goods and other resources over using troops) or military cities. All cities are, by necessity, both, but you can emphasize one or the other. Remember, since it's production that determine the speed and strength of your city, you want to maximze production. There are two ways: Produce more and use less. The Cauldron is a way to produce more.

So, first you have to look at the effects (temporary improvements) you have available for you in the cauldron. These are potential effects that can be triggered by brewing a potion for them. If you are military minded player you will probably focus on the effects that impact the military. If you are a "catering" player you will look at the catering effects. The list of effects only grows, it does not shrink. It is based upon what chapters you've completed. One per chapter. The farther you go in the game the longer the list gets.

Once you have determined what effect you wish to trigger, you have to create a potion for it. You have Witch Points to use and can spend them on the various ingredients needed to brew your potion. The amount of witch points depends on how much research you have done, including researches past the end of the last chapter.

The whole, "which ingredients do I use?," question is still being hashed out, but, so far it seems the best way is to focus on one effect, find the ingredient which has the greatest impact on it per witch point spent (you can tell by looking at the list of effects on the right as you choose ingredients) and then going on and trying each ingredient until you find the one that increases the effect the most. Keep going until you run out of witch points. Now, oddly enough, you will then have to write down which ingredients you used and how many of each. Usually you will use 4 to 6 ingredients and up to seven times for each. In any case, at this point you empty the Cauldron and re-enter the ingredients beginning with the one you use the most. So if you use 6 bitterleaf, 4 Nightshade Blossom, and 3 Mana Shells, you would enter them in that order. The difference is, when you created the recipe you may have entered a bitterleaf, then a mana shell, then a Nightshade Blossom, then two bitterleaf, and so on. But it's cheaper to reenter them after finding out which give you the best "bang for the buck".

When you brew your potions you will have one to five chances of it working. The one to five depends on how you did in the tournament . As you do the tournament you can see how many Cauldron chances you will have by watching your Trophy Goblet progress in the tournament report screen. So, in essence, if you have brewed a potion you like you will have up to five chances for it to take effect. Notice, as well, that while you may have focused your attention on one particular effect, other effects are possible. The list on the right lists all the possible ones and their chances for the week.

That's the basics. But there are three other things to consider. First, you can add Spell fragments to your recipe before brewing to increase it's "critical effect chance". This is the chance that if one of your brewing chances (the number of goblets -- the "roles of the dice" you use) triggers an effect and that the level of the effect will be at the maximum. Since each potion that does get triggered is somewhat random as to it's strength, the "critical effect chance" increases the chance it will get triggered at it's highest possible strength and duration. Second, with each ingredient you increase the chance of your effect being triggered by 5%. So the more ingredients the better. And third, you can permanently improve (i.e. raise) the highest strength and duration of each effect after you brew them each week. Returning to the Cauldron screen allows you to use all kinds of ingredients to improve maximum of the selected effect. Warning: every time you use a resource to raise the maximum effect the next time you use that ingredient it costs more. AND, the improvement won't show up until the next week.

Finally, some caveats. First, you can skip the diamonds if you wish. However, if you do, the chance of triggering the effect you want may not be nearly as strong since each effect has a favored bunch of ingredients and some of those ingredients may need diamonds this week. So don't be afraid to switch which effects you want to trigger.

Second, since the potions take effect the moment you drink them, be sure to drink them at the right time. Unfortunately, that means you will need to write down the recipe you find and remember to use it at the right time. Often the duration of the effect is so small that it's pretty easy to trigger it at a time you can't use it only to have it expire before you can! Argggg....

Hope this helps.

AJ

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all

Here's a guide that covers strategies from a very basic one to the most complicated one. I'd read the whole thread (it's not very big) as I keep adding to it as needed. Basically, you pick an effect you want and add ingredients that increase the chances of getting that effect. You can do it as simple or as complicated way as you want to. It's easiest to aim for one chosen effect but it's possible to get 2 to 4 chosen effects which needs a use of spreadsheet.

Gaia7

Are there any videos that show you how to fight whom with what in spire and tourney but mostly spire? I am always getting defeated by the enemy and running out of resources very quickly. The MA has been very stingy as well with what I’m having the options to craft. UGH! Very frustrating

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Are there any videos that show you how to fight whom with what in spire and tourney but mostly spire? I am always getting defeated by the enemy and running out of resources very quickly. The MA has been very stingy as well with what I’m having the options to craft. UGH! Very frustrating
Check out Battle Knowledge. I don't provide a definitive chart because it's going to depend on your buffing level and everyone's game is different. I mean, with enough buffs, Blossoms are great against Thieves, but you wouldn't know it because that's not something you'd advise a beginner bare knuckling it. You can also ask questions in the Battle Help subsection.

Gaia7

Thx Crackie, I appreciate any help. I also should’ve mentioned that I use an iPad since I no longer have a pc.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
What chapter are you in? Combat tends to be hard early in the game for everybody. If you are an early game player, you might not be doing anything wrong. As you advance in the game, you get troop promotions which make your existing units better and you unlock new types of units. Plus you get military ancient wonders which will increase the fighting ability of your troops and increase your ability to produce troops. Due to all this, combat tends to get easier as you advance.

Gaia7

What chapter are you in? Combat tends to be hard early in the game for everybody. If you are an early game player, you might not be doing anything wrong. As you advance in the game, you get troop promotions which make your existing units better and you unlock new types of units. Plus you get military ancient wonders which will increase the fighting ability of your troops and increase your ability to produce troops. Due to all this, combat tends to get easier as you advance.
I’m just beginning chapter 10. I have all but the hero’s forge AWS right now. MM is at L11, same with the others. I hope you’re right. I have really come to despise the Spire at this point! Hahaha!

Deleted User - 849411552

The whole, "which ingredients do I use?," question is still being hashed out, but, so far it seems the best way is to focus on one effect, find the ingredient which has the greatest impact on it per witch point spent (you can tell by looking at the list of effects on the right as you choose ingredients) and then going on and trying each ingredient until you find the one that increases the effect the most. Keep going until you run out of witch points. Now, oddly enough, you will then have to write down which ingredients you used and how many of each. Usually you will use 4 to 6 ingredients and up to seven times for each. In any case, at this point you empty the Cauldron and re-enter the ingredients beginning with the one you use the most. So if you use 6 bitterleaf, 4 Nightshade Blossom, and 3 Mana Shells, you would enter them in that order. The difference is, when you created the recipe you may have entered a bitterleaf, then a mana shell, then a Nightshade Blossom, then two bitterleaf, and so on. But it's cheaper to reenter them after finding out which give you the best "bang for the buck".

<SNIP>
Hope this helps.

AJ
Thanks so much for this tip AJ! :)

I have been doing quite a bit of work with the cauldron but I didn't realize that emptying the cauldron after finding the optimal recipe and then re-entering the ingredients beginning with the one you use the most will create a significant cost saving. In today's cauldron brew, this saving allowed me to go back and further refine the recipe within the point allowance. I actually did this a cycle a couple of times and got great results!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I’m just beginning chapter 10. I have all but the hero’s forge AWS right now. MM is at L11, same with the others. I hope you’re right. I have really come to despise the Spire at this point! Hahaha!
The Dragon Abbey AW at the end of chapter 10 will really help since it gives your mage units a damage bonus. And if you are playing as an elf, you will get a Blossom Mage promotion in that chapter which will help. It is not as important if you are playing as a human, since humans have Priests. But Blossoms are my go-to mage unit in my elven city. If you don't already have a fully evolved Fire Phoenix, I would advise getting one. I know the artifacts are expensive to make, but Fire Phoenix is the most powerful building in the game for combat. I literally plan my entire weekly tournament and spire schedules around when I am feeding my Fire Phoenix.