• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Share one beautiful thing that you enjoy

Moho

Chef
Some of my ideas are great whereas others only look great in theory but turn out to be less great in practice. I hope this is a great one. :)

I've just come up with a new idea for the Lounge activity - share one beautiful thing that you enjoy. Maybe others will get to enjoy it as well. It can be Elvenar related or not; it's your call.

Here's the thing I want to share now:
I began to play Elvenar because the new work-from-home conditions allow it. Another thing that the work-from-home situation allows for is infinite background music. I enjoy background music and I can listen to it as long as I want while I can choose anything I want. I have a wide range of preferences. One of them is indie pop rock. "Lemonde" by Circa Waves was released in 2020 - I am surprised to discover such a beautiful song created by very young artists.

Please share your beautiful thing that you enjoy!

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Smiles. I get a genuine kick at people smiling. I've never seen an ugly person smiling because a smile brings beauty to any face it adorns.

AJ

DeletedUser27062

Early mornings at my daughters house in the country....

I wake up early, make coffee and go outside to see a shimmering dew skinned field and dragonflies dancing a dinner bell for the frogs in the pond. I hear the dozing farmlets and small houses waking to an orchestra of birds & various animal; chickens scolding riff raff cats punctuated by the sharp edges of dogs barking for breakfast. It is my favourite place on earth.

StarLoad

The one beautiful thing I truly enjoy is my wife. We only see each other every other weekend as she takes care of her mom with Alzheimers.

DeletedUser20539

I'm lucky to live 2 miles from the Pacific Ocean. I don't think there is anything more beautiful than walking along the beach every morning and soaking up the salty air, sunshine, and the sound of the waves crashing against the shore. I'm blessed with this wonderful gift from Mother Nature:
1615771596621.jpeg

Moho

Chef
The one beautiful thing I truly enjoy is my wife.
I totally understand you. My wife and I have been working from home from the beginning of the pandemic. It annoys me that she gets overprotective and tends to control everything and everyone. But we've never had the opportunity to spend so much time together and she's always been my best friend. And she's beautiful too. ;)

AtaguS

Early mornings at my daughters house in the country....

I wake up early, make coffee and go outside to see a shimmering dew skinned field and dragonflies dancing a dinner bell for the frogs in the pond. I hear the dozing farmlets and small houses waking to an orchestra of birds & various animal; chickens scolding riff raff cats punctuated by the sharp edges of dogs barking for breakfast. It is my favourite place on earth.
Wow, and what a beautiful picture you painted in my head! Thanks :)

Quarantine silver linings: My husband and I bought a couch which we named couch-zilla. It is a sectional which fits to the inch on both corners and takes up roughly 1/3 of our tiny living room. Each night after dinner we pile onto the couch and are quickly joined by our three dogs and the cat. I'm usually buried under 2 dogs and the cat, while my husband is smothered by our 3rd. We call it pack time, and I wouldn't trade it in for anything in the world.

Yogi Dave

This is a story of my wedding day, well actually my 3rd and my wife's 2nd. As a friend said, it was her 2nd because women learn quicker. Our 13th anniversary is in a few days. So, this is more a perfect moment than a beautiful thing. The memory is the beautiful thing.

We got married on a some land of a friend. The entry is a small orange grove which opens to a green field of grass border by majestic live oaks except for the Western side. It's the shore of the Indian River lagoon where dolphins play as pelicans and sea gulls swoop and dive. Earlier, a light rain had cleared the skies to a pastel blue and a few fluffy clouds. Before the guests arrived, my wife to be and I spread petals from several dozen colorful roses and other flowers about the seats and the table used to hold the Tibetan singing bowls used in the ceremony. My best person was my yoga teacher. She had introduced me to my Zen meditation teacher who performed the ceremony. He in turn had introduced me to the maid of honor who had introduced me, at a jazz bar, to my bride. The ceremony was sweet and simple with promises to share our lives, which we have and do. Afterwards, there was an Italian dinner catered, but my wife and I were spending time walking about talking to our friends as the sun slowly moved toward setting over the lagoon and eventually created a soft sunset. But, I get ahead of myself. I finally was able to break away and get some food and more wine. I set next to my Mother-in-Law. We talked as I ate and drank. Then, as I got up to leave, she told me something I will never forget to my dying day. She said, “Your barn door is open.” Perfect day. I got married with that door open. Ah, Yogi.