• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Shenanigan Elves Holiday Gift Guide

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Since the Winter Lampions mode has been disabled, we are now free to run amok with shenanigans (at least that's how I'm interpreting it). Well, the holiday season is the busiest time for elves, especially the Shenanigan Elves. We'll be giving Inno a hand with creating new products during the gifting season to enhance your elf game experience.

SHENANIGAN ELVES HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE
THE HELYA SIGNAL
helya_signal2.png

Is Support slow to respond? Are you getting a generic form letter response to your questions and issues? Are your questions getting lost in the sea of new posts on the forum? Well, GOOD NEWS! If your stockings are the size of a small shed, you can now own your very own Helya Signal! Cut the middleman and signal @helya directly! Works offline and outside the game too! Her spidey senses will tingle at the presence of nearby sweets. Fret not, help is on the way!

THE HELYA MOUSE MOVER
helya_mouse_mover.jpg

She moderates the forum, answers player questions, responds to support tickets, post game and version updates, tracks players marooned in deserts, inserts in-game announcements, updates the wiki, hosts contests, and fights for the US market's right to party. Those are just the tasks you know about! For a limited time, you can unlock hidden Helya Community Manager features! With the limited edition Helya Mouse Mover, she will do all of the above AND play the game for you! Since she also doesn't sleep, your city will be humming away all day and all night. Think of all the badges you can make during a Fellowship Adventure without the extra clicking! But wait, there's more! If you work from home too, you can now have Helya simulate productivity with mouse movements to prevent your computer from going to sleep or standby mode. Consider that raise and year-end bonus bagged! What more can you possibly ask for (besides read for you)?

THE WINTER LAMPION REPELLENT
winter-lampion-repellent.jpg

Are you sick and tired of the Mystery Object chest shattering the joy and excitement of finally reaching 100 vision vapors by revealing Winter Lampions? Imagine that disappointment multiplied if you juggle multiple cities. Well turn that frown upside down this holiday season by gifting a fellow a bottle of Winter Lampion Repellent! Just like a swig of Sip of Clarity will offer you better crafting option, a spritz of Winter Lampion Repellent will keep the Winter Lampions away to give you better Mystery Object chest rewards! No more getting wintery-themed buildings yearround. No more trying to find where you can plant a building with the most awkwardly inconvenient footprint. No more being caught offguard and unlocking Winter Lampions in event shuffleboards. This formula has been tested to be animal-safe, so it will also work on your pets to prevent them from dragging unwanted Winter Lampion vermins into the house too! Nothing keeps the holiday spirits up like maintaining a Winter Lampion Free Zone!

Do you have a game problem for the Shenanigan Elves to solve?

Last edited:

crackie

I hope I'm getting a cut of the profits here.
Of course! You get 100% of the profits. The Shenanigan Elves are a nonprofit collective, or as they say in human parlance, "volunteers", which means our profits are zero and it's ALL YOURS!

Please save me from portal profit drops on Spire bosses!
They are flooding my storage and they are non-disposable!
PORTAL PROFIT GENIE
portal profit genie.png

Great news, @Bellerefon! There's now a new way to "dispose" your unwanted Portal Profits! For the price of one Portal Profit, you can now buy a wish from the Portal Profit Genie and he will transmute your Portal Profit into another game item! Will it be time instants, supply windfalls, coin rains, KPs, combining catalysts, or diamonds? Only the Portal Profit Genie knows. But beware! As with all prizes in Elvenar, there is always a small catch so even if you win, sometimes it still feels like you've lost. If the Portal Profit Genie and the RNG Gods look down on you unfavorably, instead of the diamonds that you wished for, you might get turned into a giant blue toad! You must then spend a week sitting at the end of High Halls gobbling up all of the player's goods and dispensing a pitiful 10% Portal Profit in return until the spell wears off. You will embody the disappointment the Portal Profits represent!

As they say, be careful what you wish for. The Shenanigan Elves work volunteer on the same principle. Do you have a problem for the Shenanigan elves to solve?

Last edited:

BrinDarby

Dear Shenanigan Elves,
I keep wandering the halls of the Spire, giving ppl stuff till it hurts,
and 1/2 of them keep telling me they are the wrong person to talk to,
yet they keep my stuff..... Can you help me avoid these people, pleeeeaaase ???

crackie

Dear Shenanigan Elves,
I keep wandering the halls of the Spire, giving ppl stuff till it hurts,
and 1/2 of them keep telling me they are the wrong person to talk to,
yet they keep my stuff..... Can you help me avoid these people, pleeeeaaase ???
THE ANCIENT SECRETS OF THE SPIRE MAP
Spire-Map.png

Dear @BrinDarby,
The Spire is full of spooks and notoriously expensive to navigate, but with the guidance of this analog thing called a "map", you will now be able to navigate the Spire with the least resources spent and avoid more unpleasant spirit encounters! This map revealing the Ancient Secrets of the Spire has been hidden away in clay jars in remote desert caves for millennia, but the knowledge has became available during this holiday season. No matter where you are in the Spire, simply follow the path of the arrows. Walk in the direction towards sea level until you reach your final destination, the great lands known as Low Expectations (X marks the spot)! Here, you are also safe from disappointments dished out by a giant blue toad that lives in High Halls.

If you need more assistance following arrows, we recommend you visit our Scandanavian elf friends in the mystical realm of IKEA. They are not volunteer elves, but are highly skilled in the art of making furniture with hex wrenches as well as delicious meatballs.

Sincerely,
Shenanigan Elves

Do you have a problem for the Shenanigan elves to solve?

Last edited:

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
I have a problem! All of my 24-hr production buildings keep ending up at various wonky collection times mid-day because who is actually available EXACTLY 24 hours after the last time they collected?? Can you lovely Shenanigan Elves fix it so that 24 hours magically finishes everytime I log on in the morning? It would be much appreciated.

(Can't stop laughing at this thread by the way. A++ for creativity and general silliness. :D)

Aritra

@MaidenFair I have all AWs with 24 hr collection synced. If one's ready, they all are. Sweep and they're all reset together. I'm currently [trying to] resist collecting from some new 24-hr producers so I can have them join the group sync.... Once synced, stays synced (it's the patience/resistance that makes it difficult to get there). There is a slight migration (worse if you can't log in for awhile past ready time), but at least they're together.

crackie

general silliness. :D
I believe the word you're reaching for here is "shenanigans". ;)

I have a problem! All of my 24-hr production buildings keep ending up at various wonky collection times mid-day because who is actually available EXACTLY 24 hours after the last time they collected?? Can you lovely Shenanigan Elves fix it so that 24 hours magically finishes everytime I log on in the morning? It would be much appreciated.
THE WONKY ROOSTER
Wonky-Rooster.png

It is with great privilege for the Shenanigan Elves to introduce the Wonky Rooster as the newest member of the avian collection, just in time for the holidays! We understand here in the U.S. markets, it's tough to keep up with the rigid German structure and punctuality as dictated by our Inno overlords. The Wonky Rooster is exactly the "fuzzy math" alarm clock you need to pierce all that precision! He is guaranteed to wake you up each morning, just not quite at the hour you wished, and therefore, never following the exact 24-hr cycle either! The Wonky Rooster utilizes an advanced crowdsourced alert system to inform you when it's time to collect. He will crow loudly enough for you and your entire neighborhood to hear each time your 24-hr production building is ready for collection. Those cuck-a-doodle-doos will keep on coming until your buildings are collected. Eventually, all your neighbors will be notifying you that your collections are ready as well since roosters do not come with snooze buttons--a great way to meet your new neighbors after the Great Migration! But there's more...like all intelligent creatures around here, the Wonky Rooster can be bribed with food. If you feed him with Pet Food, the Wonky Rooster will badger all the other buildings to hurry up and finish so that ALL your 24-hr production buildings will be synched again. While the Wonky Rooster is not quite of the fabled Phoenix bloodline, he was originally bred by the technician that gave you a 5hr window for that appointment about your Internet not working.

Do you have a problem for the Shenanigan Elves to solve?

Last edited:

Yogi Dave

Fantastic thread just in time for the holidays and love the avatar. I hope the profits (and not the portal ones) keep rolling in for @helya (Is that pronounced 'hell yeah'?)

I've found the best way to get the 5d fighting building to appear in the MA (and get DAs and genies from the spire) is to hurl curses and insults at the Innites in chat. They read our chat and used to get a kick out of changing Charles Dickens into Charles ****. They ignore in-game messages and the forums. Since they are Innites, they thrive on what we would consider being mistreated, but to them it's mana and will gain their favors. Being 'kind' to them is a great insult and just makes them mean at you. I've gotten pretty good at hurling them as shown by the 13 I've gotten in the last 30 days and the 30 I had at the beginning of ch 19. I use them liberally, at least 7 every other week (timewarp at level 30 and the polar bear). Some of my FS members have begun to work them in. However, most of them are timid using words like 'Please' and 'hope'. No, you demand them. But it's gotten tough to produce them as easily over the years. So, I also scour the i'net for help and found pirate and Scottish random curse generators that can be creatively adapted. I've even found some from favorite shows. Babylon 5's Ivanova is great. A fav from her which worked well was "...I'll rip your head off and use it for a chamber pot." This is the flavor they need. But I shouldn't have to search for them and the timid need to remove misplaced kindness from theirs. There should be an in-game generator to use. It'd even be worth getting a (shudder) Winter Lampion every now and then. Though a simple purchase of the Shenanigan Winter Lampion Repellent would offset that.

crackie

I cannot find a crafting in my MA, so do I have to use your Portal Profit Genie ???
If so, is that also the way to earn artifacts to Evolve it ???
You can’t craft them. They are premium holiday gift items to buy. We have to pay @helya licensing fees and royalties so we can write them off as expenses and show zero profit. *cough cough* Otherwise, she might realize her concierge service will work better in a subscription model. *wheeze* The Wonky Rooster comes fully evolved though. We do not make you assemble our products on your own like our Scandanavian elf friends from the mystical realm of IKEA. A Wonky Cockerel is not effective in carrying out his duties as a fuzzy math alarm clock. He needs to be a fully matured Wonky Rooster. It saves us from the paperwork of refunds.

@Yogi Dave We did not find a problem for us to help resolve as you have also included a working solution. The Shenanigan Elves agree that our existing line of products are very effective in resolving most game issues. For example, the Helya Mouse Mover is a premium gift item that will help resolve up to 95% of most players’ problems. It’s almost as effective as hand washing.

Yogi Dave

@Yogi Dave We did not find a problem for us to help resolve as you have also included a working solution
If this thread wasn't so perfect and the artwork of your elves not so grand, I'd be tempted to say "Bah Humbug! May you be plagued with a part missing from all your iKea purchases, but not noticed until the end of assembly and the sayings of @mucksterme haunt your ever dream at night." So, it's a good thing you do so well here and it's the holiday season.

Happy Winter Solstice to all.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I will be ordering the Helya mouse mover (I am all for helping support Helya for all she does for us) and am thinking maybe the wonky rooster as well. I am thinking I can use the rooster, by leaving one AW uncollected to get my neighbors to send me nasty messages to use for Yogi Dave's suggestion to help with the spire rewards and I think I would love the look of him in my city (very well done there)!
I was wondering if there is something the Shenanigan Elves have that would help with rearranging my city after each chapter when the buildings all change shape and I have to reorganized my whole city layout!

crackie

I was wondering if there is something the Shenanigan Elves have that would help with rearranging my city after each chapter when the buildings all change shape and I have to reorganized my whole city layout!
FORGE OF ELVENAR
Forge-of-Shenanigans.jpg

Ever wished your Elvenar battles would just behave like the Forge of Empires battle engine? Or that your neighborhood mechanics resembled Forge of Empires? Or the events featured the same mini games as Forge of Empires? Or use the same communication system like Forge of Empires? Well now you can have it ALL with the new Forge of Elvenar* game option! Play Elvenar exactly like Forge of Empires without having to load Forge of Empires! With this new game feature, you will now also have access to the Forge of Empires Reconstruction Mode. Give your legs a rest from lactic acid build up climbing infinite stairs in the Spire since there's no need to obtain teleports anymore when you can crane away your entire city! Start building your city from a clean, empty layout at any time. Once you've gotten your city looking exactly the way you want it, just sit back, relax, put those tired feet up on the desk, and watch it get plundered by your neighbors! Forge your forged empire forging Forge of Empires!

Do you have a problem for the Shenanigan Elves to solve?

* Incompatible with Helya Signal & Helya Mouse Mover as Forge of Empires does not have a Helya Community Manager

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I have a problem! All of my 24-hr production buildings keep ending up at various wonky collection times mid-day because who is actually available EXACTLY 24 hours after the last time they collected??
One thing I REALLY like about the Moonstone set is that it is on a 21 hour schedule instead of a 24 hour schedule. Mine are set for morning collection before work. But it does not matter if I sleep a few hours late on the weekends because there is a 3 hour buffer built in. I wish the evolving buildings were also 21 hour instead of 24 hour!

Aritra

One thing I REALLY like about the Moonstone set is that it is on a 21 hour schedule instead of a 24 hour schedule. Mine are set for morning collection before work. But it does not matter if I sleep a few hours late on the weekends because there is a 3 hour buffer built in. I wish the evolving buildings were also 21 hour instead of 24 hour!
I wish they were the same, regardless. But 21 would be better than 24 for easier migration control.