• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Shenanigan Elves Holiday Gift Guide

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
... 21 hour schedule instead of a 24 hour schedule. ... I wish the evolving buildings were also 21 hour instead of 24 hour!

Yes! I love the Moonstone's 21-hour schedule (although of course my wonderful new Wonky Rooster(TM) is going to solve all collection-time problems now!). I don't feel like I've wasted time if I pick it up later than usual and if I happen to be up earlier than usual, it's probably ready anyway.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Love your thread @crackie
:D Thank you! :D
I was holiday shopping online and stumbled onto the mouse mover. Got really confused, like this is actually a thing??? What level of 1st world problems are we addressing these days? And then I remembered an old post where I learned helya was updating the wiki too and thought, "Oh, yes. This most definitely NEEDS to be a thing!" She practically does everything for us, short of playing the game itself, and I don't put it by some people to demand that of her too. It's the sort of nonsensical 1st world problems that need its own products. I already had leftover Helya Signal image from the other thread so I added Winter Lampion Repellent as my personal holiday wish list item.

Thanks everyone who played along with the Shenanigan Elves this holiday season! Happy holidays!

p.s. I might owe @Iyapo1 licensing fees too since she indirectly inspired both the Iyap-o-lantern and the Helya Signal.

crackie

I know the holidays are over, but @helya just shined some much needed light and wisdom to a major misunderstanding. It's occurred to me that I've been looking at the Winter Lampions through the wrong prism this whole time. Perhaps they were never wintery themed outdoor light decorations, but very handy and practical grow lights! Grow lights for what, you ask?

DIAMOND GROWING KIT
helyalabs.png

Are you tired of coming up just short on the last artifacts needed for your event building because the recent changes in monetary policy has the Inno Central Bank tightening event currency flow? Has the shortened commute from bed to desk working at home atrophied your legs so they're too weak and feeble to climb Spire stairs to claim diamonds? Ever wanted to finish your Ancient Wonders with a single click at 25 diamonds per missing KP? Now you can join the high roller Big Diamond Spender Club by growing your own with the new Helya Labs Diamond Growing Kit! Once you get your starter culture going on your blue bling, string them up alongside Winter Lampions* so your diamonds can receive the magical bandwidth needed to help them grow! It's a whole lot more energy efficient than mining for cryptocurrency. We're not all Andy DuFresne in Shawshank with all that time and pressure on our side to wait on Mother Nature to squeeze one out organically in the earth. This little geology kit will also heal your Winter Lampion trauma, saving you time and money from having to go to therapy by changing your outlook on wintery themed outdoor light decorations!

* Winter Lampion grow lights NOT included

index.php

(by helya: Source)

Raccon

I know the holidays are over, but @helya just shined some much needed light and wisdom to a major misunderstanding. It's occurred to me that I've been looking at the Winter Lampions through the wrong prism this whole time. Perhaps they were never wintery themed outdoor light decorations, but very handy and practical grow lights! Grow lights for what, you ask?

DIAMOND GROWING KIT
View attachment 11429

Are you tired of coming up just short on the last artifacts needed for your event building because the recent changes in monetary policy has the Inno Central Bank tightening event currency flow? Has the shortened commute from bed to desk working at home atrophied your legs so they're too weak and feeble to climb Spire stairs to claim diamonds? Ever wanted to finish your Ancient Wonders with a single click at 25 diamonds per missing KP? Now you can join the high roller Big Diamond Spender Club by growing your own with the new Helya Labs Diamond Growing Kit! Once you get your starter culture going on your blue bling, string them up alongside Winter Lampions* so your diamonds can receive the magical bandwidth needed to help them grow! It's a whole lot more energy efficient than mining for cryptocurrency. We're not all Andy DuFresne in Shawshank with all that time and pressure on our side to wait on Mother Nature to squeeze one out organically in the earth. This little geology kit will also heal your Winter Lampion trauma, saving you time and money from having to go to therapy by changing your outlook on wintery themed outdoor light decorations!

* Winter Lampion grow lights NOT included

index.php

(by helya: Source)
Are the winter lampions used for their spamming properties to increase dimond yield?

crackie

and praytell how many Diamonds will those cost us ???
They are worth the magic beans to get your hands on the goose that lays golden eggs! Well, assuming you have a blue thumb and excel at growing geodes. We know some of you couldn’t even handle growing bean sprouts in kindergarten so your mileage may vary. Prior experience with pet rocks helpful.

Are the winter lampions used for their spamming properties to increase dimond yield?
The winter lampions emit a special spectrum of magical light that is conducive to growing elf game diamonds.

Yogi Dave

Prior experience with pet rocks helpful.
I have a USB Pet rock plugged into and sitting on my computer. It gives back as much power as it takes. My Woot screaming monkey sits next to it with its arm around it.
I have a lot of experience with the diamond mines we had a while back. You know, the ones they called Wishing Wells.

crackie

crackie said:
Dear Shenanigan Elves,

I've recently been told I've proposed an idea that has already been suggested before, but has yet to be implemented by the devs yet. It's been almost 2 years. What can we do to get this proposal implemented this time around?

Sincerely,
crackie
IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS FORUM STARTER KIT
ideas-kit.jpg

Dear crackie,

For starters, the forum clearly didn't benefit from Shenanigan Elves almost 2 years ago and we work at a much faster pace than the devs when it comes to introducing new items. For this problem, the Shenanigan Elves have developed an Ideas & Suggestions Forum Starter Kit to help innovative players looking to introduce new game concepts be heard! The starter kit comes with a wooden torch and a pitchfork. Here in the land of the U.S. market, everything is of course bigger, including blackouts. The wooden torch will ensure the bootstrappy creative inventors out there can continue to "burn the midnight oil" to work well into the night brainstorming new ideas and suggestions for the game without fear of fragile electric grids failing. After all, vacations are for Europeans!

Since cold temperatures and a dusting of white powdery stuff can easily wreck havoc on your artificial means of controlling electrons, instead of relying on bullhorns and condenser microphones as a means of amplifying your voice, we introduce the age old, time tested pitchfork. The pitchfork has been used by Quality Assurance Departments all over the world for millennia. Using the science of resonance, the prongs on the pitchfork can increase the amplitude of the dominating frequency to drown out any weaker noise. Therefore, it is also most effective when used in group settings and in the presence of many other pitchforks. Can also be used to clean out Orc Dung after wild parties at a Rally Point or alternatively, tune a bagpipe.

Sincerely,
The Shenanigan Elves

p.s. Next step after talking to yourself in the 5th person is talking to padded white walls.

Myne

Oh Wise One
View attachment 11484
Dear crackie,

For starters, the forum clearly didn't benefit from Shenanigan Elves almost 2 years ago and we work at a much faster pace than the devs when it comes to introducing new items. For this problem, the Shenanigan Elves have developed an Ideas & Suggestions Forum Starter Kit to help innovative players looking to introduce new game concepts be heard! The starter kit comes with a wooden torch and a pitchfork. Here in the land of the U.S. market, everything is of course bigger, including blackouts. The wooden torch will ensure the bootstrappy creative inventors out there can continue to "burn the midnight oil" to work well into the night brainstorming new ideas and suggestions for the game without fear of fragile electric grids failing. After all, vacations are for Europeans!

Since cold temperatures and a dusting of white powdery stuff can easily wreck havoc on your artificial means of controlling electrons, instead of relying on bullhorns and condenser microphones as a means of amplifying your voice, we introduce the age old, time tested pitchfork. The pitchfork has been used by Quality Assurance Departments all over the world for millennia. Using the science of resonance, the prongs on the pitchfork can increase the amplitude of the dominating frequency to drown out any weaker noise. Therefore, it is also most effective when used in group settings and in the presence of many other pitchforks. Can also be used to clean out Orc Dung after wild parties at a Rally Point or alternatively, tune a bagpipe.

Sincerely,
The Shenanigan Elves

p.s. Next step after talking to yourself in the 5th person is talking to padded white walls.

Never forget, a torch that is burned out can double as a Shelagh

Fiona Selah

View attachment 11484
Dear crackie,

Sincerely,
The Shenanigan Elves

...Of course the first thing I thought of when first laying my eyes on the torch and pitchfork is to use them while storming Dr. Freakenspleens's Castle, capturing 'The Creature' ... playing lovely violin music to lure him to the dev's castle......

I'm sure y'all get where I'm going with this!

crackie

KONDO SUMMONING ROCK
Do you have trouble finding items because your inventory is getting out of hand? Are Portal Profits and Coin Rains just rolling out all over the place whenever you pull open a shelf? Fret not, friends, for help is on the way! With the new Kondo Summoning Rock, the world's foremost organization expert can now be summoned to your city to help you Marie Kondo your inventory for the price of just one Pet Food. With this mega high culture building, she will help you identify the items that do not spark joy and encourage you to disenchant them, like each and every one of those 54 Winter Lampions in your collection. Learn the fine line between being "incredibly well prepared" and "hoarding"! Once you are done tidying up your stash, especially that messy Summonings Inventory, you will be able to easily find what you need, at least until the next Chapter.
kondo-summoning-rock.png

Raccon

KONDO SUMMONING ROCK

Do you have trouble finding items because your inventory is getting out of hand? Are Portal Profits and Coin Rains just rolling out all over the place whenever you pull open a shelf? Fret not, friends, for help is on the way! With the new Kondo Summoning Rock, the world's foremost organization expert can now be summoned to your city to help you Marie Kondo your inventory for the price of just one Pet Food. With this mega high culture building, she will help you identify the items that do not spark joy and encourage you to disenchant them, like each and every one of those 54 Winter Lampions in your collection. Learn the fine line between being "incredibly well prepared" and "hoarding"! Once you are done tidying up your stash, especially that messy Summonings Inventory, you will be able to easily find what you need, at least until the next Chapter.
While I am greatful for this excellent organizing solution, I still belive that inno has to come up with an appropriate food for Marie Kondo. I doubt this lady would like the idea of being offered pet food ;)