• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Shocking bad customer support

I am really shocked at the low quality of customer support with this game. I don't mean to be insulting but is English the first language of the people supporting the English language game. I have reported several problems in the last 18 months and the answers I get seem to be stock answers from someone who recognized a few words from my question but really didn't understand the question.

My most recent problem is a good example, I got stuck on a story quest where the game asked me to upgrade a workshop to Woodelf level workshop. At the time I didn't have any extra space so I just ignored the quest. I completed the Woodelf technologies and started tearing down the buildings. I was able to free up some space and completed the quest. Then I get a series of quest that show me how to build the Woodelf facilities, that I am currently tearing down. Finally I got stuck, I get a quest where I have to 6 marble building, 6 Steel Building and 4 wood building. At one point in the past I had all those building but I have torn them down to make room for my new Sorcerer and Dragon buildings.

So I send a question to Support, "How can I get rid of a quest that I cant do and can't delete?". I explain in my message I am done with the Woodelves and have moved on Sorcerers and Dragons.

The reply I get from support makes no sense. I am told it is very important for me to do all the quests. They will aid me in completing the Woodelves. (Ignoring the fact that I have told them I am finished with the Woodelves.) The support person recommends that I tear up my new buildings and rebuild all the woodelf building I have torn down.

All I want is for this undoable quest to go away. But it seems that if you don't play the game exactly the right way, you have to go back and do it over.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Yep, there are a few threads about this floating around. Bottom line is if you ignore the main questline for too long, you're screwed. There's no real warning system in place either.
The problem with making mainline quests declinable is that some are annoying/hard, and others give great rewards, so being able to decline the bad ones would make it too easy.

qaccy

How's this 'bad customer support' exactly? They told you exactly what you have to do. It is unfortunate that you let the quests linger for so long that you're now kind of in a rut, but it's kind of your own fault that you didn't do the quests in a timely fashion. If anything, let it be a lesson to keep on top of quests so it doesn't happen in the future...or yeah, just forfeit all potential quest rewards and stop doing them completely.

I think it is bad support (or perhaps just bad game design) when there is one correct way to play game. If you don't do things in exactly the right order, you lose a feature of the game. I do wonder how many others are stuck in the same fashion I am but aren't saying anything. I am the second most advanced (technology wise) person in my fellowship so I don't know a lot of high level players. But the person ahead of me also made the same mistake so both of us are apparently done with story based quest for the remainder of the game. If the story quest is so important to the game (which the support person insisted it was), there should be an option that allows me to skip to the next chapter of the story. I am done with Woodelves so start me at Dragon quest 1.

Good support would have the ability to fix this problem.

qaccy

Good support would have the ability to fix this problem.

A good player would be able to fix the problem they caused on their own. Story quests have pretty much always been unskippable, and you were aware of this all the way up to the point you reached before you stopped doing them. Why should support have to fix something that's your own fault?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If you don't do things in exactly the right order, you lose a feature of the game.
That's one way to look at it, another is
"If you don't do the quests you don't get the quest rewards."

By skipping the quests you were able to advance your city more quickly using your own playstyle rather than completing some tedious tasks. Now if you want the rewards that other players worked to reach you have to go back.

For example one of the last woodelf quests is to make 50 greenery streets. That is over 220,000 mana at a time when you don't need the culture, and mana is at a premium. I would LOVE to ignore that quest, and skip right to the S&D quests to start getting the 10-20K mana rewards, but it wouldn't be fair to those players who took the time to make those streets.

qaccy

One thing I should probably point out as a contradiction to my post is that there ARE some story quests that can be skipped. I don't think there's a hard and fast rule for it, but as I was moving through the Sorcerers and Dragons chapter I did see several that had an option to skip them. I think one of them was to have a certain number of level 24+ residences, which was presumably because of the fact that some players may not have even had that many residences (diamond players). However, I can totally see something like a quest asking to upgrade a single or 2-3 buildings not being skippable.

DeletedUser9190

I am really shocked at the low quality of customer support with this game. I don't mean to be insulting but is English the first language of the people supporting the English language game. I have reported several problems in the last 18 months and the answers I get seem to be stock answers from someone who recognized a few words from my question but really didn't understand the question.

I feel your pain, I have been trying to get my city moved for a couple weeks, I have discovered 36 inactive neighbors and 1 active neighbor. They keep telling me that something is going to change but the only change I have seen is that instead of getting the amount of coins I should get from my neighbors I now get about 1/4 of that from the inactive ones. On top of that one of my side quests said I had too much culture (ostensibly because I am supposed to rely on my inactive neighbors for help, so I had to remove some of my culture buildings). Probably won't be playing this game too much longer. Piss poor support!

AtaguS

I've reached out to support a few times and I'm impressed with how quickly they respond. I have gotten the "template" answer a couple times, but if that answer didn't work, they were willing to also just talk to me. I dunno...I agree that this isn't a bad support issue, and rather a problem with the quest line design. I lingered at the end of dwarves while I got caught up on the quest line because I'd been warned by someone in my FS that tearing down the portal would be a quest. So, maybe the game just needs to figure out a warning system about guest race quest?

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
i don't want to get another warning from the mods for being a big meanie
so i resisted correcting the grammar in a post that said you didn't want to be insulting but,
" is English the first language of the people ..."
you're welcome