• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Shortage of pet food for these grand prizes

Heronsglen

I am pretty unhappy about these last couple of events that have grand prizes that require pet food to make the building worthwhile BECAUSE the pet food is now a rarity in crafting. Why would you make it impossible to use these buildings by decreasing the availability of pet food to be crafted. The new crafting menu sucks! If you are not going to make it possible to support the special buildings that are offered as grand prizes then figure out a new grand prize.

DeletedUser

i have crafted pet food twice in the last week, so its still on the menu!. i suppose these buildings were never intended to be overused, but more like on special ocasions. i mean if pet food were something they threw at us, then why even bother making that requirement?

Those are my thoughts, i agree that its annoying to have a building you cant fully utilize. but i see the point in inno making it as it is.

qaccy

I personally didn't mind having 'so many' pet food recipes in the crafter. They're one of the quickest crafts, and have a really good CC:VV ratio (especially now after all the crafting changes). I know Inno said it was to reduce 'bloat' but I think they actually reduced the number of pet food recipes in order to make it harder to get them. I'm glad I've been crafting them fairly regularly ever since they were first added. I still have over 50 of them!

Heronsglen

i have crafted pet food twice in the last week, so its still on the menu!. i suppose these buildings were never intended to be overused, but more like on special ocasions. i mean if pet food were something they threw at us, then why even bother making that requirement?

Those are my thoughts, i agree that its annoying to have a building you cant fully utilize. but i see the point in inno making it as it is.

You are very fortunate to be able to craft it twice in one week. If that were the case for me, I would not be complaining. My problem is that when they first introduced the pet food and the evolving phoenix they were offering pet food regularly. So I went to all the effort and time to get the phoenix evolved and even spent some money to finish. Then they changed the crafting menu and I feel like it was a bit of a dirty trick. And now the current event has a similar building that requires pet food so with the current shortage of pet food in my magic academy for crafting I dont think this new building will be worthwhile for me. This game is a choice I make to enjoy and spend time doing. I welcome a challenge but I feel like its not fun when they make it only possible when you must spend large amounts of money to succeed in utilizing the rewards they offer. I do check the crafting menu several times daily so its not for a lack of effort. I also feel that Inno needs to hear feedback on the way they develop the game, so that's what i'm doing.

Alistaire

I am fairly sure they will add the pet food to the spells or something so it is easier to get. They are already getting this feed back from beta that pet food is to hard to get now. When will this be done though? Your guess is as good as mine and probably later then sooner!
You know there's planning that goes well before the coding stage for an event, right? They knew these were coming when they nerfed how often pet food shows up.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Yeah and like you said there was planning involved, if they took that many pet food out of the crafting recipe rotations then they more then likely have a plan to make some available somewhere else, but it is just not implemented yet. Just like when they balanced all the event buildings for the release of the RR spells that didn't come until 9 months later. The planning is there its the timing of the implementation that they seem to have a problem with.

Last edited:

qaccy

@Fayeanne The spells produced in the academy may have fixed costs, but they are kinda spread around as well. It doesn't usually work out that way for us since we don't usually produce EVERY spell and stick to just one or two types constantly, but if I had to guess, there wouldn't be that much overlap.

That being said, it's not like you really get to pick which relics to use when crafting it since it's random which recipes come up. I guess I'm fortunate though and don't have to worry about skipping over a pet food craft just because of what relic it asks for and can always craft whichever one comes up.

Black watch

@Fayeanne That being said, it's not like you really get to pick which relics to use when crafting it since it's random which recipes come up. I guess I'm fortunate though and don't have to worry about skipping over a pet food craft just because of what relic it asks for and can always craft whichever one comes up.

I understand what Fayeanne is saying. With only the three pet foods in T-3 coming up, you can pick which one(s) you want to craft. Personally, I'm producing CC 24 hrs a day constantly. I don't do anything but that. So I blow through Elixir relics like crazy. I only craft the Dust and Gems relic food (when they show) to conserve Elixir relics, so you do have a choice, but that choice comes with a price.
If it goes to a fixed menu, I bet INNO will decide to use Elixir relics just to screw with me... Odds are it won't be Dust (which I'm boosted in) or Gems which I have thousands of and no real use for.

One thing is for sure... We NEED more pet food to come up. The cycle they are using now have them coming up while I'm asleep! I have to wake up and log on to get them and my wife and I aren't happy about that.. So I sit looking at coin rains, relics, knowledge points and little flames etc when I want pet food and a nice selection of good buildings to spend my crafting supplies on, otherwise, why make crafting so important to this game.
our lower ranked folks in the FS aren't crafting those little buildings either... Everyone is clamoring for pet food and INNO is taking their sweet time in maybe rolling out pet food in some menu or maybe, hopefully adding some back into T-1 and T-2.
It's still irritating to have to go through the crafting menu and see crap almost all day long and it's the same crap.

Arkadia

@Fayeanne if you're having issues not having enough relics, you should do more tourneys to pick up more of them ;) relics really shouldn't be an issue

@Sir Squirrel I doubt that the Pet food will be moved into the spell production.... it would be way too easy to make them, and these pets are pretty powerful if one keeps feeding them. with Inno keep wanting to 'balance' the game, I don't see it happening. Then again, i'm surprised they made them so powerful :p

Making more of them available to craft however will be a good $ making machine for them, as i'm sure people will spend diamonds to keep refreshing it. Not as much if they seldom come. just my 2cents

Fayeanne

Oh, don't get me wrong: I would love if Pet Food was more abundant as well. I remember prior to the change one time I had a row of 5 Pet Foods being offered in the crafting pane, and I thought to myself, gee, do I want Pet Food or Pet Food? It didn't bother me; I thought it was funny. :D

When I took an initial glance at the stats of one of the bears, I thought, hey, it increases training speed? That'd be pretty useful. Then I saw it requires being fed to activate. So...yeah, never mind.

Black watch

Oh, don't get me wrong: I would love if Pet Food was more abundant as well. I remember prior to the change one time I had a row of 5 Pet Foods being offered in the crafting pane, and I thought to myself, gee, do I want Pet Food or Pet Food? It didn't bother me; I thought it was funny. :D

And there is probably the reason it got changed. It wasn't because pet food was bad, but that whatever code they are using to randomize the available items in crafting needed to be adjusted. If it's a set grouping, then again, it needed to be ADJUSTED.
INNO's take on this and other problems is to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
Why can't they apply pet food to the crafting AND throw in buildings and boosts with a much larger pool of items? They have years of buildings and things to draw off of. Use those and adjust the crafting items to match up with the item being offered.
Simple. Use your database and use it well. People will be thrilled.
Pets will be fed.
Tourneys and the Spire could benefit from the fighting boosts. There is so many options and ways they could go... perhaps a special month of vintage prizes offered or whatever.
Do something other than the majority of the crap they have in it NOW.

I liked your post Fayeanne... sorry to rant using you note as a focal point.
Blessings to you.

Black watch

Let's just quit beating around the bush. Instead of random recipes, how about just showing them all and letting us pick which ones to craft? So long as it's random, there're going to be unhappy people, right?

Brilliant! Treat it like the FA collection thingy... You see a menu and order off it like at a restaurant. Costs and availability for certain items could be set up to mirror what chapter you're in...
I like that idea Qaccy!