• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Shortage of pet food for these grand prizes

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Maybe when it was the only pet, but as more pets are introduced (I wouldn't be surprised to see three more come the winter event) that wont be the case. Soon we will be able to craft the older pets and hopefully evolve them, which will mean even more pets in players cities. So it wont be as big a deal as players will need to use more pet food.
I think if they found the fire chicken to be too powerful they would have (or will) just nerf it as they have lots of buildings before. Limiting pet food for other pets just because one might be over powered doesn't seem to me to be the way they would go. IMO

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The problem is that no matter how many pets there are, unless they are all equally powerful, people are always going to use their food for the most powerful ones. If they are all equally powerful, then more food just makes the imbalance worse.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
As far as players completing more tourney provinces and getting more rewards there. I don't think the Dev's have a problem with that. I think that is what they were going for. They have so many things to craft now that need CC's that relics are getting used way faster then we can keep up with as your post where you show you only have 8 magic dust relics confirms. I am sure they don't have a problem with us getting extra spells and they are needed more for breaking onto spell fragments now as well. KP's are what they consider the lowest valued prize. Bottle necks in chapters are always goods or some other thing we have to produce or collect, not KP, and wonders need a ton of KP's to upgrade.
Also the birds and bears help FS's get closer to the tenth chest which is tough for smaller FS's so is balanced more now as well, (which I think is better for INNO because if players have blueprints they might be more inclined to buy the magic residences and workshops) and they can be used to make RR's for upgrading event buildings now also. So I don't think that players doing more tournament provinces is a big deal to them and may even be what they are going for. Also I think that the spire is as hard as it is because they are expecting we will use a phoenix buff to help get us through.
For me the phoenix just offsets the fact that I have researched all the squad size upgrades, so it is balanced for those that have not skipped any squad size upgrades (which I am sure is the way they intended for us to play) and I think that was maybe the goal. If getting the pets will offset the squad size upgrades and are not to hard to evolve maybe we will stop telling our new members to skip the squad size upgrades and tell them to craft and evolve pets instead.
I could be wrong, but I guess we will see soon enough if more pet food gets add to the game!

Last edited:

DeletedUser2959

I used my L10 Brown Bear for the first time today, along with a few day's worth of time instants and some supply instants. My Simia Sapiens is L10 as well. I now have a ... sizeable... army. I can't see needing to do this more than once or twice a month. And with the Timewarp I fed my Firebird 3x per week for the tourney/spire and I seem to be keeping up with food but not gaining ground. So it looks doable, but that's just for me.

Minkari

Why, after a couple years of needing pet food for multiple pet buildings, do we still have a pet food shortage? Please increase the frequency of pet food appearing in the crafting screen. I’m lucky to get 1-2 a week. And I’m a heavy crafter so I’m in there a lot! I love the new Red Panda, but why spend money to buy the help building during the event if I can never feed it to get the vision vapor bonus?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
One of the daily prizes in the current beta event is pet food. I think it was about day 10. Maybe that's how they will address the lower rate of pet food crafting.

AJ