• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Shortcut key "V" to assist in Giving Neighborly Help

DeletedUser2225

Providing Neighborly Help is an essential part of game play and it's one of the most cumbersome tasks to perform, because it's so time consuming most are a bit reluctant to perform this task.
To assist making the "Give Neighborly Help" portion of game play more streamline, the incorporation of the shortcut key "V" made available from the Fellowship list/selected member would be helpful to speed this operation.

"V" - Visit Fellowship member's City (available from the Fellowship list/selected member)

Addition of V shortcut key.jpg

DeletedUser61

I'll call and raise.
  • I'd like to have the Dynamic Hands, that are in the city profile, replicated in the Fellowship Roster.
  • Clicking on the hands would take you to the city AND activate the buff icons, without a second click
It may well be that the server will have to do 25 lookups to present the information, but if somebody is looking at the Fellowship Roster, it's VERY likely that they're doing their rounds. This would be a major convenience, and would enhance the cohesiveness of the Fellowships.

If the Hands were paired with a Shield driven call to a focused Fellowship roster, then only two clicks (three if they're at the bottom of the page) would be require to navigate to the next city in the fellowship roster.

DeletedUser2225

I'll call and raise.
  • I'd like to have the Dynamic Hands, that are in the city profile, replicated in the Fellowship Roster.
  • Clicking on the hands would take you to the city AND activate the buff icons, without a second click
It may well be that the server will have to do 25 lookups to present the information, but if somebody is looking at the Fellowship Roster, it's VERY likely that they're doing their rounds. This would be a major convenience, and would enhance the cohesiveness of the Fellowships.

If the Hands were paired with a Shield driven call to a focused Fellowship roster, then only two clicks (three if they're at the bottom of the page) would be require to navigate to the next city in the fellowship roster.

What you're suggesting is major rewriting of the game code..... which opens up more avenues for bugs.....
I'm offering a suggestion that can be readily employed by just assigning a shortcut key to particular items so we can use two hands, not just one hand clicking..... Shortcut keys are focused for the items they are assigned for, when I hit the key I know what I'm getting. Whereas the mouse pointer has to be placed and clicked.......

Maz Mellor

I'm sure this has been raised elsewhere, but I would love to see a shortcut key for "give neighborly help"—the equivalent of clicking on the two-hands icon while visiting another player's city.

DeletedUser2225

I'm sure this has been raised elsewhere, but I would love to see a shortcut key for "give neighborly help"—the equivalent of clicking on the two-hands icon while visiting another player's city.

Please see my suggestion entry titled:

Shortcut keys "G" and "F" to assist in Giving Neighborly Help

:)

DeletedUser

I still like my one-click solution, posted here back in December (adding in @Katwijk's suggestion for automatically being placed in help mode when you arrive at the target city). Does anybody know where we are supposed to be posting ideas and suggestions for the game that the developers see? Because it apparently isn't here in this forum.

DeletedUser61

Because it apparently isn't here in this forum.
There are two considerations:
  1. You can't push a string. The developers undoubtedly have a fancy flowchart wherein they're hanging more and more features on the Elvenar backbone that's already available. My experience, in other software projects, is that you very much add ideas in the appropriate box, but it would be foolish to constantly write "spur of the moment" code that you're just going to have to throw away in a few months, when you're scheduled to rework that entire module.
  2. Are you on the same wavelength as the Developers? If you look back through the release notes, how many of the features and improvements did you anticipate? The developers are obviously going to be more concerned about items that they will be working on anyway, over the next several weeks. The better you understand what the developers are trying to accomplish, the more likely it is that your suggestions will be well received.

DeletedUser2225

I have also submitted a suggestion titled:

Shortcut keys "G" and "F" to assist in Giving Neighborly Help

..which would assign:

"G" - Give Neighborly Help (available if the "give help" hand is active)
"F" - Fellowship (available when the fellowship shield is visible to select the Fellowship list)

Having the keys "F", "G" and "V" assigned creates an easy to access shortcut key grouping to carry out giving neighborly help, not only for Fellowship members, but also for discovered neighbors on the World map. For world map neighbors you would use "W" and "G".

(These are shortcut key assigns for the existing game code and not major game code rewrite.)

DeletedUser2225

Wonder if the game developers are considering this addition....please!

DeletedUser2225

Sure would like to use both hands in game play.......(sigh)....pretty please!

DeletedUser2225

With each game update I keep trying the suggested shortcut key....but sadly it has not been incorporated as of yet .... (sigh)