• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Shortcut keys for Army Setup in Tournaments (Browser version)

Shortcut keys for Army Setup in Tournaments (Browser version)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Risen Malchiah

Yeah, I'm not sure how many players this would affect (since I still find many players who arent aware of hotkeys in general), but I would find this to be a massive help for my poor wrist. :)

9bus

So exciting to it finally happens! No hotkeys is the only reason to stop me doing more provinces...

My humble suggestion to the hotkeys. Instead of using B/T/M to choose troops from the 3 producers, it may be better to use 'Tab' to switch from left to right. Most people (including me lol) uses right hand to click mouse so most of time they use only left hand to click hot-keys. So, ‘M’ is bit far away for left hand... 'Tab' key is born to switch between tabs... so it may be easier to get people used to.

Moreover, I know it may be harder to realize, but if we can save the troop selection somewhere and can load it directly to battle, it can save huge of effort. LOL

Last edited:

Risen Malchiah

I can see Tab being used in addition to B/T/M unless Tab is not physically possible for coding reasons.

Edit: Just found this: "In windows that have multiple tabs, use the Tab key to jump to the next tab and Shift+Tab to go to the previous tab." from the Wiki. So this would be good for consistency.

Yogi Dave

I can see Tab being used in addition to B/T/M unless Tab is not physically possible for coding reasons.

Edit: Just found this: "In windows that have multiple tabs, use the Tab key to jump to the next tab and Shift+Tab to go to the previous tab." from the Wiki. So this would be good for consistency.
I agree and this isn't against that idea, I just want to point out that some browsers steal the tab key before it gets to the program. Ticks me off and it's a problem with the browser, not the game. Adding the use of tabs for that purpose works and was in the doc I developed the idea in along with some other keys. Although to be completely consistent would also mean moving the choice of building to be tabs, which I think is also a good idea since it would have the name and people wouldn't ask from time to time how do they get to the troops in the different buildings. Ultimately, I removed the tab and a few other keys (like backspace along with X to remove the last placed troop) to keep the concept cleaner, as it felt to me, and well, there is that problem with browsers stealing keys.