• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Shortcut keys "G" and "F" to assist in Giving Neighborly Help

DeletedUser2225

Providing Neighborly Help is an essential part of game play and it's one of the most cumbersome tasks to perform, because it's so time consuming most are a bit reluctant to perform this task.
To assist making the "Give Neighborly Help" portion of game play more streamline, the incorporation of the shortcut keys "G" and "F" would be helpful to speed this operation.

"G" - Give Neighborly Help (available if the "give help" hand is active)
"F" - Fellowship (available when the fellowship shield is visible to select the Fellowship list)

Give Neighborly Help - Fixed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2225

I have also submitted a suggestion titled:

Shortcut key "V" to assist in Giving Neighborly Help

..which would assign:

"V" - Visit Fellowship member's City (available from the Fellowship list/selected member)

Having the keys "F", "G" and "V" assigned creates an easy to access shortcut key grouping to carry out giving neighborly help, not only for Fellowship members, but also for discovered neighbors on the World map. For world map neighbors you would use "W" and "G".

(These are shortcut key assigns for the existing game code and not major game code rewrite.)

Princess Neutrina

YES, PLEASE, WE DEFINITELY NEED SOMETHING TO MAKE THE AID FUNCTION MUCH MUCH EASIER, CURRENTLY.... TOO MANY CLICKS. We would love a response from InnoGames to see if this is in the works on the wish list.

First you have to CLICK on the fellowship icon
then you have to CLICK on the Member tab
then you have to CLICK on the Member name
then you have to CLICK on visit
then you have to CLICK on the helping hands icon
then you can finally CLICK on the building to aid
but that's just for the first page of members
when you advance to the second page
then you have to CLICK on the right arrow key to access the next page
repeat steps above
but that's just for the first and second page of members
when you advance to the last page
then you have to CLICK the right arrow key twice to access the last page
repeat steps above
or the advance to last page arrow key if present on your mind at the time... whew....
that's a lot of..... CLICKS!

DeletedUser61

open up the Fellowship list that's on one page
We already HAVE the desired functionality if you click on the Global Rank when you're visiting someone, so it's certainly feasible.

Clicking on their Shield should open their Fellowship Roster, focused on their name. It would be NICE if the Fellowship Roster included a replicate of the Hand Icon for each member, whereby clicking on it would take you to their city AND activate their buff icons.
  • Click their hands, in the roster
  • Click a buff icon in their city
  • Click the shield in their city
  • Rinse and Repeat
I can deal with advancing the roster page twice. :D

Princess Neutrina

We already HAVE the desired functionality if you click on the Global Rank when you're visiting someone, so it's certainly feasible.

I just tried it to double check, and the DOUBLE CLICK, isn't working. I still think 3 columns of names on a single page would be better and some kind of mark indicating you've aided that person for the day.
Missanthropy fixed the quoting.

DeletedUser

YES, PLEASE, WE DEFINITELY NEED SOMETHING TO MAKE THE AID FUNCTION MUCH MUCH EASIER, CURRENTLY.... TOO MANY CLICKS. We would love a response from InnoGames to see if this is in the works on the wish list.

First you have to CLICK on the fellowship icon
then you have to CLICK on the Member tab
then you have to CLICK on the Member name
then you have to CLICK on visit
then you have to CLICK on the helping hands icon
then you can finally CLICK on the building to aid
but that's just for the first page of members
when you advance to the second page
then you have to CLICK on the right arrow key to access the next page
repeat steps above
but that's just for the first and second page of members
when you advance to the last page
then you have to CLICK the right arrow key twice to access the last page
repeat steps above
or the advance to last page arrow key if present on your mind at the time... whew....
that's a lot of..... CLICKS!

DeletedUser

In other Innogames it is not this difficult to aid neighbors or fellowship members. Sadly this is why most neighbors never aid each other, which in turn leads to people dropping the game.

Princess Neutrina

In other Innogames it is not this difficult to aid neighbors or fellowship members. Sadly this is why most neighbors never aid each other, which in turn leads to people dropping the game.
That's true, in FOE, it's much easier, and the AID button turns into a timer when you're done aiding that player for the day which I think is helpful.:D

DeletedUser2443

Actually, I'm wondering about just having arrow screens when you visit a fellowship member, and clicking on the left arrow would move you up the list, clicking on the right arrow would move you down the list. Don't know if it would be possible, but it would certainly simplify visiting fellowship members.

DeletedUser2062

All of you have great ideas, hopefully some are considered and incorporated into the game :)

Princess Neutrina

Yes, definitely something. I am sure the InnoGames developers can come up with something easy to use, I hope we hear something about it soon, seems to be a long-standing request. :(

DeletedUser2443

Looking at the avatar in home screen, it shows the fellowship shield on the bottom left, why couldn't you put arrows on either side of it to go up or down the fellowship list?

DeletedUser2225

View attachment 768 Looking at the avatar in home screen, it shows the fellowship shield on the bottom left, why couldn't you put arrows on either side of it to go up or down the fellowship list?

This would require some major game code rewrite.
..... what I suggested would just add maybe two lines of code per shortcut key to the existing game code....

DeletedUser2443

Makes sense, I have no memory whatsoever of the little programming I did learn.

DeletedUser2225

With each game update I keep trying the suggested shortcut keys....but sadly they have not been incorporated as of yet .... (sigh)

DeletedUser2443

Just wanted to let the programmers know we appreciate the new visit screens. They are much more intuitive and informative. Thanks