• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Should I query this with Support?

DeletedUser12171

I could be wrong but, I read Kaylee as a straight forward congrats and an admission that she was out of touch.

Whereas you seem to want to take things personal.

Perhaps you're right, that it was a bit personal. But it's no biggie

I probably should have just made my original response a matter-of-fact one too, maybe something like "it just takes 3 days to collect 20,000 seeds, I don't think it's meant to slow us down". I admit I was a little irritated at seeing that when anything comes up in the game, it seems the default conclusion is "Inno's out to get us again". Why that is so, that would be an entirely different discussion

Pheryll

Set Designer
Perhaps you're right, that it was a bit personal. But it's no biggie

I probably should have just made my original response a matter-of-fact one too, maybe something like "it just takes 3 days to collect 20,000 seeds, I don't think it's meant to slow us down". I admit I was a little irritated at seeing that when anything comes up in the game, it seems the default conclusion is "Inno's out to get us again". Why that is so, that would be an entirely different discussion

Your context was probably needed, because you get better seed producing event buildings after halflings, and one of the later halfling quests also asks you to pay 20,000 seeds. What happens in the Amuni is hardly a roadblock.

DeletedUser9601

Your context was probably needed, because you get better seed producing event buildings after halflings, and one of the later halfling quests also asks you to pay 20,000 seeds. What happens in the Amuni is hardly a roadblock.
Especially when you factor in the continued growth of seed production if you are constantly clearing provinces and growing AW levels.

DeletedUser3297

But what if you don't grow? What if you want to play outside of the game rules? I always have. I am on the halfling ancient wonder tech and I only have 94K ranking points. I like my city the way it is and I will do everything I can to keep it that way. So seeds are very important to me when I only get them from the trader and I have a lower level main hall. I have the pop to upgrade but the main hall I have is the last one that looks like a human main hall. I would rather build my city for design over points. So every quest for me is a hurdle to go through.

DeletedUser3297

Umm because it's 2 months away. If you know what you are doing each chapter takes on average 2 months or less. I really don't want to have some black guy demanding everything I have for the next year while the devs get of their lazy behinds and make a new chapter...

DeletedUser9601

Umm because it's 2 months away. If you know what you are doing each chapter takes on average 2 months or less. I really don't want to have some black guy demanding everything I have for the next year while the devs get of their lazy behinds and make a new chapter...
Then don't do any Amuni quests, and just clear them all when Ch 14 comes out. Or do enough quests until you find a pretty quest giver that you don't mind looking at for 6+ months. Because the bigger issue is not how much it will delay you to save up 20K seeds, but how long Amuni will take (really friggin long) if you still have a pre-Dwarves main hall (and the seed production associated with that), as well as buildings that provide a sub-100K score.

Not judging your city or your playstyle. But there are some basic facts about the game progress (including the city expansion techs that require gold you can't afford, and the aforementioned seed production) that will at some point completely bar your progress. And its probably not worth getting worked up over 1 or 2 particular quests. Because you need to either consider these quests on the whole (yes, this 20K seed quest gives 1 coin, but the quests on the whole aren't so worthless), or you need to just ignore them completely and play how you want to (which seems to be working very well for you so far).

Pheryll

Set Designer
If you know what you are doing each chapter takes on average 2 months or less.

Do not assume that you can go through elementals quickly with a very low seed production. Look at all the technologies for the elemental chapter that require divine seeds. Look at all of the technologies that require sentient goods. Sentient goods are a decaying resource made from divine seeds. So to research many technologies, you have to build up both in divine seeds and sentient goods as both decay over night. And all this is while you are spending divine seeds to keep your guest race production going. It is not like halflings, where you just needed the seeds to upgrade the fields, and then your guest race buildings produced without needing any more seeds.

DeletedUser12171

But what if you don't grow? What if you want to play outside of the game rules? I always have. I am on the halfling ancient wonder tech and I only have 94K ranking points. I like my city the way it is and I will do everything I can to keep it that way.

Lol, you remind me of a certain other person on these boards

Let's set this straight -

1. The quest in question is an Amuni chapter quest, and the requirements are calibrated as such
2. The game guides you along to a certain level of growth such as to be able to fulfill those requirements
3. You choose not to go that route
4. You're now displeased with the game for not catering to you

Well, I'll be! I understand that the game allows for sandbox play and no one is judging or criticizing you for playing as you wish, but bashing the game because it doesn't suit your way of play? Really? You do realize that storyline quests are part of game progress and meant to take players through the game. Berating the game design after you chose to go off the track doesn't make for a very strong case. In fact it now makes your original assertion that the quest is meant to slow you down even weaker, since the average player, following the typical progression route would be able to clear it with ease!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Question:
What if you want to play outside of the game rules?
Answer:
every quest for me is a hurdle to go through.
Really that pretty much covers it.

There is simply no way for a developer to allow players to do anything that they want and still design content that suits all players.
Certainly not in a super basic city sim.
I mean there is some dude who got to max level in WoW just by picking flowers for xp, but he didn't get to complain that it took a crazy long time. You aren't supposed to play WoW as a pacifist.

DeletedUser3297

This is a city-building game, right? Or has it really turned into a numbers game??? You only get to have your city one way one time, after that its over. I would rather have a pretty city over a numbers city. And I will keep it as low of a level as possible, not only because I can but because it looks better.

Pheryll

Set Designer
This is a city-building game, right? Or has it really turned into a numbers game??? You only get to have your city one way one time, after that its over. I would rather have a pretty city over a numbers city. And I will keep it as low of a level as possible, not only because I can but because it looks better.

The level 31 main hall does look quite attractive, and very "human looking" for the human one.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Yes, a city building simulation.
That does not mean "Build absolutely anything you want and you will be successful at everything"
Nowhere is it guaranteed that a pretty city will do as well as an efficient one.
If you really don't want the numbers to matter at all, you can take screenshots of your favorite buildings and use MS paint to make a collage to stare at any time you wish.
If instead, you want to partake in quests, events, and challenges well then you're gonna need numbers for anything that isn't a beauty contest.

Note:I've always admired your city and playstyle, I just expect it to be a harder way to play, like not buying any diamonds.

DeletedUser3297

If instead, you want to partake in quests, events, and challenges well then you're gonna need numbers for anything that isn't a beauty contest.

Note:I've always admired your city and playstyle, I just expect it to be a harder way to play, like not buying any diamonds.

Thank you for the compliment :) It is a bit harder to play like this and really the only things I miss out on are some storyline quests. However, those quests go away at the end of the chapter so I am not too worried about it. I'm still able to get my 1620 tournament points each and every week, I am able to help my fellowship with the Adventure because I have plenty of room and I can do any other event pretty easily as well. The only thing that is harder for me at the moment is troop training, but using my secondary buildings to train units is much easier and I can fight pretty well with them, so my barracks is for looks and has been for quite some time. I am hoping that by the time my needles is level 30 that my barracks will be fast enough to use again, but only time will tell..

Here is what my city looks like now
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/f0dafa38911b4cab98f29c596aaf3121/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9601

I gotta say, my favorite looking barracks by far are the Amuni ones- every level is awesome IMO.
Halflings was a little meh after the initial novelty wore off, but I blame that mostly on all of the Halfling buildings kind of blurring together. Something about everything having that straw/thatch roof. But yes, the Barracks artwork is consistently A+.

DeletedUser3507

Yes, a city building simulation.
That does not mean "Build absolutely anything you want and you will be successful at everything"
Nowhere is it guaranteed that a pretty city will do as well as an efficient one.
If you really don't want the numbers to matter at all, you can take screenshots of your favorite buildings and use MS paint to make a collage to stare at any time you wish.

For me it does not necessarily mean following quest line. :);):)
When they go that far to total you city.,...