• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Show Me You Are Right!

DO YOU WANT THE ELVENAR TO VIDEO BATTLES THAT ARE WON BY PLAYER?

• YES

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • NO

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

DeletedUser7002

I have been reading the forums regularly for the last month. In so many places, people are asking, no begging you to make battles more strategically winnable. You put time and effort into something people can't use and enjoy. Why? What is the point of battles that can't be fought? Why bother? You say it is us, we don't understand, I beg to differ. Matter of fact, put your money where your mouth is devs. Come up with 1 player that can consistently win battles the way they stand right now. Video it, and show it. Prove what you are saying. How many people play this game? How many people buy diamonds? You have every excuse in the book and for the life of me, I cannot understand your minds. You are losing people because of battles! It is one element of a fantastic game. So do it. Video a player that can win by fighting 2 provinces. Show it to us. Easy according to you. Dare ya, cause ya can't can ya?

DeletedUser6335

I know there are folks out there who can win battles..just as there are those who *LIKE* battling. Personally, I don't care for it -more often than not when I try to battle my computer lags *very* badly or the ground goes black and I can't see the terrain; this happens all too often and no amount of defragging, cache clearing, refreshing or anything else has helped - I simply am an old woman with an old computer. I can't do anything to upgrade at this time, and really all the other games I play (5 or 6 MMORPG) run just fine even in Raids; for some reason my computer just doesn't do well with the battles here /shrug. That said, I usually resort to autobattle if only to save time and sanity. I don't mind battles - I DO mind losing well over 66 to 75% of them. I also (still) don't get why a game billed as a Fantasy Builder has me fighting so much anyway. I'm still boggling at the fact early on a quest presented to me indicated now was the time to pick to fight or negotiate - I went negotiate and find myself still having to sink resources into fighting and having to fight more than I like.

DeletedUser3297

I am right! Whatever that means lolol

If you stay within your province count for the next chest, battles are winnable :) There are a few exceptions for earlier players that hopefully the devs will get the kinks worked out of.

I am not going to manual fight all battles because that would take too long. But I did show one at the end, had a choppy start just because of the vid recording software, but from all the autobattles in the provinces you get the idea that they are all winnable as long as you are within the GZ :) Most for me are winnable to the point where I don't even need to send in 5 squads, heck I can send in whatever, doesn't matter I win!!

This is also the city where I sold my Orc armories. I can get all my Orcs for free now. I am also maintaining lower level armories to be able to fight, but as you can see, I don't need to replenish as much ;)

DeletedUser7002

I am right! Whatever that means lolol

If you stay within your province count for the next chest, battles are winnable :) There are a few exceptions for earlier players that hopefully the devs will get the kinks worked out of.

I am not going to manual fight all battles because that would take too long. But I did show one at the end, had a choppy start just because of the vid recording software, but from all the autobattles in the provinces you get the idea that they are all winnable as long as you are within the GZ :) Most for me are winnable to the point where I don't even need to send in 5 squads, heck I can send in whatever, doesn't matter I win!!

This is also the city where I sold my Orc armories. I can get all my Orcs for free now. I am also maintaining lower level armories to be able to fight, but as you can see, I don't need to replenish as much ;)

Thank you so much for that. However, one thing is overlooked in your battles compared to what we can do in my FS. Our battle squads are much lower than their battle squads. I saw your squads and got excited that we can actually get to the point where the squad sizes meet or exceed their squad sizes. My main world I have squads of 68 where their squad sizes got from 117 to over 200 and they have more squads than I do to fight with. It is for us at the lower end that are having the most trouble, your video was enlightening and gives me hope to take back to my FS and I will ask them to come and watch this thread video because I have 2 FS members that are discouraged and they are higher than any of the rest. Can you tell me, what or how does the strategy work to make your squads bigger and better than theirs? I don't know of anyway but leveling up to change squad sizes so if there is something I am not doing that I should, I will learn and do it. Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH! The Wizard McKinley

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Squad sizes get larger as you unlock the squad size tech in the tech tree. the problem is that the farther you get from home, the bigger their squad sizes get. To get back in balance, you have to be willing stop scouting (or cut your scouting to the bare minimum) until you catch up. If you missed any of the optional squad size techs in the tree, you probably need to go back and do those. Once you get to the point where you have just as many provinces opened as you need to to open the next chapter chest, your squad sizes should be close to even.

DeletedUser2963

@wizardmckinley
I saw your squads and got excited that we can actually get to the point where the squad sizes meet or exceed their squad sizes. Can you tell me, what or how does the strategy work to make your squads bigger and better than theirs? I don't know of anyway but leveling up to change squad sizes so if there is something I am not doing that I should, I will learn and do it.

Early game fights are still not balanced well. In chapter 3 after you get Squad size upgrade 8 the fights will balance out.

The biggest key to remember....do NOT over scout. At the end of each chapter, under the chest is an advanced scout tech that you must research to get into the next chapter. That tech will reduce the scout size and negotiation cost for all UNSCOUTED provinces. It has zero effect on a scouted province. The number on the chest is the number of provinces you have to have to open to enter the next chapter, once you hit chapter 3 and unlock squad size upgrade 8 you will always outnumber the enemy squads or be equal sizes, as long as you keep your scouting and conquering to that minimum.

Edit: This is assuming that you research all squad size upgrades in the tree.