• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sigh, very poor communication about new FS rule changes this week!!!!!

Qybyrn

Our FS has a player going on an extended break. He was sticking around until we found a replacement, which we did. We did the swap out yesterday evening without knowing that new players can NOT participate in spire if it has already start. This was not communicated to us ahead of time, and with a member out with health issues we are now facing the spire with only 23 members. Not happy about this at all. Very poor communication on this, we had no idea this rule had been changed or we would have waited until next Saturday. How freaking hard it is to send out a message/release notes in game on a change like this.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Oh yeah. We get 18 hours to change fellows now, without getting a lockout. This is particularly onerous in our time zones as our sleep cycle falls within this. On the other hand, our fellows in Asia, New Zealand and Australia get a break for a change

Qybyrn

I was just coming back to reply to myself with what you just said. I was so irritated it didn't dawn on me right away about the long term ramifications of this....that the window for FS changes is now very small. What a horrible change.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Our FS has a player going on an extended break. He was sticking around until we found a replacement, which we did. We did the swap out yesterday evening without knowing that new players can NOT participate in spire if it has already start. This was not communicated to us ahead of time, and with a member out with health issues we are now facing the spire with only 23 members. Not happy about this at all. Very poor communication on this, we had no idea this rule had been changed or we would have waited until next Saturday. How freaking hard it is to send out a message/release notes in game on a change like this.
A notice was put in game on Saturday before the tournament ended. I know, because I made it.

shimmerfly

There was indeed an ingame notice.
Most of us have adapted to all the changes while playing this silly game, ( and there has been many horrible ones and a few good ones).
So sorry you didn't see it. Maybe they need to be posted for a week solid for some?
I'm still waiting to see how this affects those who chose not to be in a FS. I know I will keep playing so I guess I'll adapt once again.

Qybyrn

A notice was put in game on Saturday before the tournament ended. I know, because I made it.
Then you are bad at your job. I didn't see a notice. I saw the link to the video showing the new features, which I watched. Nothing about this change.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27581

Then you are shit at your job. I didn't see a notice. I saw the link to the video showing the new features, which I watched. Nothing about this change.
The fellowship perks notice is still in our notifications, in-game, right next to the video notification...on both the browser and app ( I just checked). How did she not do her job correctly or proactively? Sheesh.

Qybyrn

The fellowship perks notice is still in our notifications, in-game, right next to the video notification...on both the browser and app ( I just checked). How did she not do her job correctly or proactively? Sheesh.

In game message, or at the TOP of the post, not at the bottom.

Qybyrn

Some of us have lives and don't live on the forums. Changes like this should be give IN THE GAME. PERIOD. You screwed us and our new member.

Soleil Nightbloom

@Qybyrn here is the message that @helya was referring to from this thread that was sent out on Saturday.

[
Please note, this new system will change the way some features are currently working
  • If you join a Fellowship during a Tournament, you will be able to play the Tournament and win personal rewards, but your progress will no longer be counted for the Fellowship score. You will have to wait until the next week's Tournament to fully participate.
  • If you join a Fellowship during the Spire of Eternity, you will be able to play the Spire event and win personal rewards, but your progress will no longer be counted for the Fellowship score. You will have to wait the next weeks' Spire of Eternity to fully participate.
  • You will also not be able to give Neighborly Help to your Fellows for 24 hours.
/QUOTE]

hvariidh gwendrot

ok so they fixed the spire format so once it starts it wont let "players" keep joining and quitting to add to the scores ? guess i should reread the in game message that was posted :)

Qybyrn

ok so they fixed the spire format so once it starts it wont let "players" keep joining and quitting to add to the scores ? guess i should reread the in game message that was posted :)

I don't know the new rules, they didn't explain. It use to be that if a player left, their points left with them. I assume that is still true. Their progress doesn't show anymore, so I assume their points are gone.

Qybyrn

@Qybyrn
You still have 23 members that CAN spire! That is assuming the player who left didn't Spire at all before leaving. Go!Go!Go!!! :)

We will probably still get gold, but I'm angry because this change warrants IN GAME notification, not at the bottom of a linked forum post two days before it takes effect. It could of at least been mentioned in the video. You guys can kiss her butt all you wanted, she failed at her job, and our new member pays the price.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
but I'm angry because this change warrants IN GAME notification,

So, did you want an IN GAME notification LIKE THIS?
1639428218916.png

rvtdragon1

Then perhaps, as a Mage, you or one of the other Mages and Archmage should be reading the announcements that are made in the game so you actually know what is happening and why. That is the purpose of those positions. To know as much as possible so you can guide your FS in changes and game play. If you are given a link and you do not read all of it, to the bottom, then you might miss important information. If you are sent an announcement with a link to read then read it.