• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sigh, very poor communication about new FS rule changes this week!!!!!

Iyapo1

@Huor

The 4000 perk experience points are a group prize not an individual prize. Once the crystal is reached the 4000 perk experience points are obtained and the info will vanish, then the crystal will only show the prizes you personally will get if you reach the crystal.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
@helya

Make a list of the changes and then call each and every one of us at home to make sure that
1. We are informed and
2. That we dont have to read anything.

Of course there will be name calling and maybe foul language if you call me at home....so we need an opt out.
This is misguided. Everyone knows ironclad German privacy laws rule the land. The obvious answer is a giant spotlight in the sky with your name on it. It's less intrusive. That's why Bruce Wayne doesn't give out his number even though he has more gadgets than James Bond.

Qybyrn

As soon as I was aware we were getting this feature I posted the full notification here on the Forum, and then added an in-game news so players would know. The amount of space on the in-game news is small, so I put as much information in as possible, a warning about changing Fellowships and a link so you could find out more. I added the in-game news specifically because I know all players don't read the Forum.

The feature was also announced as coming soon in the game a while ago, so there were 2 opportunities to learn about the feature.

I'm not sure how else you would have liked to be notified, but as I am aware that I am not infallible if you feel there is something I could have done differently, I'd be happy to hear it.

Minus any name-calling or foul language, of course.

I've already stated it...an in game message stating a change to the current rules. When I say message, I mean the in game mail system, not an announcement which are not important 99% of the time. I really don't understand what is so complicated about this request. EVERY single other game I've ever played does it this way, yet you literally posted a video link with a vague eligibility message below the link, and then stated the details at the bottom of a rather long post about the new feature I just watched the video on. I lost interest immediately, forgetting about the vague warning below the link. You spam us with these video links for every FA and event and they are NEVER required viewing, why would I think I am suddenly required to read this forum post?

Also, your forum post stated the change was coming in the next week, probably Monday. Even if I saw and understood the changes ahead of time, why wouldn't I think it was still safe to add a member Sunday afternoon?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!? No where in there did it say the fellowship changing rules were already in place and being enforced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
We do not message players, the messaging system is designed specifically for player-to-player messages, and the in-game news is for game announcements, as it has been for the past 5 years.

I'm very sorry that you're frustrated. I did everything I could to get the information out as soon as I was able. All I can say is I recommend keeping an eye on the in-game news in the future as that will continue to be where we announce all game updates and changes.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Maybe next time personal home visits to each and every player of the game. INNO could do that. Right?

I'm only doing personal visits if you feed me.

This is misguided. Everyone knows ironclad German privacy laws rule the land. The obvious answer is a giant spotlight in the sky with your name on it. It's less intrusive. That's why Bruce Wayne doesn't give out his number even though he has more gadgets than James Bond.

I wonder what the Helya signal would look like...
Also, I want one.

Qybyrn

We do not message players, the messaging system is designed specifically for player-to-player messages, and the in-game news is for game announcements, as it has been for the past 5 years.

I'm very sorry that you're frustrated. I did everything I could to get the information out as soon as I was able. All I can say is I recommend keeping an eye on the in-game news in the future as that will continue to be where we announce all game updates and changes.

Unacceptable. Fail. You should be ashamed. This elvenar team has done a better job of improving this game more so than ANY other game i've played. The idea that you can not improve the way you notify players about "breaking" changes is absurd. What a joke.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Unacceptable. Fail. You should be ashamed. This elvenar team has done a better job of improving this game than ANY other game i've played. The idea that you can not improve the way you notify players about "breaking" changes is absurd. What a joke.

@helya
You do a much better job at in-game notifications, forum announcements, really everything than any CM I've seen since I started playing in March 2017.

What's fascinating to me is there are Archmages and Mages who were unaware this was coming. In my mind, those positions are Leadership positions. How in the world do they lead without keeping up with information about upcoming changes, etc? What, exactly, do they do if not lead the FS?

I'm on the forums way more than most because I like it here. In the beginning, before I completely retired, I figured out really fast that major updates occur up to once/wk, so checking Announcements and Release Notes weekly was sufficient to see if anything big was coming up. Then they started the Beta thread here, so I checked that weekly as well to get just a bit more notice on things like Events. At that time, in-game notifications about anything were few and far between. At a minimum, I'd expect at least one of the leaders to assume the responsibility of looking seriously at any in-game notifications and informing the other leaders who could delve further into it if needed.
The point is: A once a week trip to the forums and less frequent reading of in-game news didn't impinge on my ability to have a job and a life.

Qybyrn

@helya

You never addressed this point:
your forum post stated the change was coming in the next week, probably Monday. Even if I saw and understood the changes ahead of time, why wouldn't I think it was still safe to add a member Sunday afternoon?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!? No where in there did it say the fellowship changing rules were already in place and being enforced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nerwa

La-la-la-lasagna! La-la-la-lasagna!

No wine, @helya but - do you like gin cocktails? I can make up a batch of Blackberry Brambles!

Myne

Oh Wise One
Unacceptable. Fail. You should be ashamed. This elvenar team has done a better job of improving this game more so than ANY other game i've played. The idea that you can not improve the way you notify players about "breaking" changes is absurd. What a joke.

You are an unmitigated KAREN pated idjit. Go somewhere else and sow your hate and discontent. Perhaps you could try Evelyn Woodheads sped redding course while you are somewhere else...SO THAT YOU KNOW YOU GET YOUR MESSAGES AND DON'T HAVE TO RELY ON SANE LITERATE PEOPLE TO TELL YOU.
And furthermore, we have the absolute BEST Community Manager there is. TRy going on another forum and doing what you are doing. You would be caught in the revolving door from way south.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
@helya

Make a list of the changes and then call each and every one of us at home to make sure that
1. We are informed and
2. That we dont have to read anything.

Wait a minute
@helya doesn't call you guys with weekly updates?
Maybe if more of you showed up to the quarterly Inno retreat you would be treated better.
I know at the last one I was stiiting at a table with Soggy, Crazy, MinMax, and a few other folks
and we were saying it was astounding that more people didn't take advantage of all expense paid three day weekends in Switzerland.
Those trips are worth it just to see Sir Squirrel once he gets a few drinks in him.
Oh and you haven't lived until you see Shimmer do karoke

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
LOL Muck, that is suppose to be hush hush remember.
I am sorry that the changes have led to some hardship for you and your FS Qybyrn, but coming here now and freaking out is not going to fix anything. Helya has done more for us here then any previous CM. I understand you are frustrated, but this is not helping. We are a tad protective of Helya and like you say you don't come here often. So you would not know what it was like before she was here, but us long time forum members do know. INNO has never been good with giving us info in a timely manner, but it has gotten better with the help of CM's like Helya. Even she has to wait until the Elvenar bosses tell her she can give us info about certain things. I hope you will find someone in your FS that will take the time to check the forums out every couple weeks as that is why most of us are here. (except for maybe Mucksterme)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
[you can] come here and make 500 comments and show as a "well-known member" and still not know how 80% of the game works.
Bold of you to assume that I know how 20% of the game works.
Those trips are worth it just to see Sir Squirrel once he gets a few drinks in him.
Oi next time let's keep 'em away from the fireplace, yeah? I can still smell burnt fur...