• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sigh, very poor communication about new FS rule changes this week!!!!!

Lemon Wren

I know I'm a complaining crank myself, but @helya is an amazing community manager. My other game is a Bethesda one (ESO) and not only are their updates only in their forums, but their community managers are largely absent beyond deleting rude comments and threatening to ban people.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I wonder what the Helya signal would look like...
Also, I want one.

My guess of what that might look like!

HelyaSignalLight.jpg

Last edited:

BrinDarby

1) the notifications screen when you log in , must be closed manually.
( ya can't just click anywhere and it dissappears )

2) @helya , did make sure there was in-game notification.
( even if it was right before it happened )

Even if you think it was cheezy, or mis-time'd .... noone can make
the case that we didn't get " in-game , prior notification "
( Even Perry Mason couldn't get around this one )

getmomo

Unacceptable. Fail. You should be ashamed. This elvenar team has done a better job of improving this game more so than ANY other game i've played. The idea that you can not improve the way you notify players about "breaking" changes is absurd. What a joke.

It's a game bro, calm down before you have a stroke.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
thanks for the kind words, everyone. You're all very good for my ego.
My guess of what that might look like!

View attachment 11215
I got preoccupied with recruiting so I'm late to the party. My interpretation of the @helya signal is you get her attention with a giant cupcake in the sky. :D Exclamation means emergency.

(This is kinda like an inverted Iyap-o-lantern. Good thing I've had practice.)

View attachment 11217

These are both great! I now have my very own @Sir Squirrel art, and @crackie knows that cupcakes are a sure-fire way to get me to show up!

I just took some lasagna out of the oven....
La-la-la-lasagna! La-la-la-lasagna!

No wine, @helya but - do you like gin cocktails? I can make up a batch of Blackberry Brambles!

Yes! I'm on my way to personally deliver in-game news to both of you.

Wait a minute
@helya doesn't call you guys with weekly updates?
Maybe if more of you showed up to the quarterly Inno retreat you would be treated better.
I know at the last one I was stiiting at a table with Soggy, Crazy, MinMax, and a few other folks
and we were saying it was astounding that more people didn't take advantage of all expense paid three day weekends in Switzerland.
Those trips are worth it just to see Sir Squirrel once he gets a few drinks in him.
Oh and you haven't lived until you see Shimmer do karoke
What happens in Switzerland stays in Switzerland, remember?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
We will probably still get gold, but I'm angry because this change warrants IN GAME notification, not at the bottom of a linked forum post two days before it takes effect. It could of at least been mentioned in the video. You guys can kiss her butt all you wanted, she failed at her job, and our new member pays the price.
Someone needs a nap.

Qybyrn

@helya

You never addressed this point:
your forum post stated the change was coming in the next week, probably Monday. Even if I saw and understood the changes ahead of time, why wouldn't I think it was still safe to add a member Sunday afternoon?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!? No where in there did it say the fellowship changing rules were already in place and being enforced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@helya

I see you're not going to address this point, because there is no way to logically answer it without admitting you (maybe not you directly, but the team as a whole) did not properly alert players of this penalizing change. Just because some forum rats live here and know everything that is about to happen doesn't mean the other 98% of players know. Do better, that's what I'm asking. You have an in game messaging system, use it for situations like this. Most of us signed up to play a MOBILE game, not read a forum.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@helya

I see you're not going to address this point, because there is no way to logically answer it without admitting you (maybe not you directly, but the team as a whole) did not properly alert players of this penalizing change. Just because some forum rats live here and know everything that is about to happen doesn't mean the other 98% of players know. Do better, that's what I'm asking. You have an in game messaging system, use it for situations like this. Most of us signed up to play a MOBILE game, not read a forum.
You had an in-game notification, you've stated that you did not read it. Anything you say about the notice at this point is irrelevant.

This will be my last comment on this subject, you're lucky you got an in-game notice at all. The other markets did not.

Myne

Oh Wise One
We will probably still get gold, but I'm angry because this change warrants IN GAME notification, not at the bottom of a linked forum post two days before it takes effect. It could of at least been mentioned in the video. You guys can kiss her butt all you wanted, she failed at her job, and our new member pays the price.

You are just jealous nobody kisses YOUR butt. You need a xanax or three, and a nap.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
@Qybyrn , you have already been told that INNO does not send private messages to players for any reason. The in-game message system is for players to use only. The only way they send us messages about the game is through the in-game notification feature (the horn). You have also been told that we were the only market that got an in-game notification, but you did not think it was worth your time (even though you are a mage in your FS) to check the forums to make sure the new feature was not going to cause problems for you and your FS. Now you have been to the forums for 3 days in a row to voice your opinion (which its fine, we all have come here to vent when changes to the game affect us), but it is to bad you did not think to spend a little more time here before that so you would not have been in this situation. We all come here because we love our FS's and it is the best way to know how changes will affect us and our FS's. If you don't think it is worth your time that is up to you, but we all care enough about our FS's and the game to be willing to spend a bit of time a couple times a week (or at least when a new feature is coming to the game) to find out what is happening and to inform our FS's about changes and new features that are coming to Elvenar, a game we all care about.
P.S. I would also like to point out that I am a Squirrel not a forum rat Thanks!

Last edited:

Grid Gypsy

@helya

I'm here once or twice a week, maybe, and I knew it was dropping soon.

As for the exact day, (or time, see FAs) the devs don't give out that kind of info in case they have to backpedal. You've already been told that Helya posted it, both here and in game, as soon as she knew it was coming, but even she didn't know exactly when, so stop ragging on her about it. Maybe your AM needs to assign one particular mage to keep up with future changes. You know, someone who can do better at actually following up on the in-game notifications.

WolfSinger

@Qybyrn

I used to be a forum rat as you so derisively called us. One of the first things I do when I start playing a game is to find the wiki and the forums - that way I can visit and learn about the game as well as upcoming changes. Now I pop in periodically to check for announcements and to glance at the Beta News and casually scroll through the other topics. I don't live here as you have implied others do.

If you are serious about playing the game - then visiting the place where information is available to you is YOUR responsibility. It is not the responsibility of the CM (and ours is wonderful - if I could cook I would make her some fudge) to make sure you are informed of every thing - even though Heyla tries her best to get information out.

I assume you are an adult (I may be wrong) - if so then act like one. Grow up, put on your adult pants and take responsibility for your choice to ignore the available avenues of information regarding the game.

SimplyNoble

There was plenty of advanced notice of this. I don't visit the forums much but I do read announcements. I pointed this out as a potential issue to my own FS when it came out. IN SEPTEMBER. Not sure many really grasped the implications but it was there for anyone with eyes to see. The information is provided but it is up to you to take it in and understand it.

Last edited: