• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Signs You Need a New Fellowship

MagicPagan

Or....when you discover mid-FA that the AM - who HAS checked in - is not in residence ATM and some fellow or fellows (because there are nothing but fellows and no Ambassadors, although the AM promises to talk about that at some point in the future) decided the blue path was just too darn hard, and switched the entire FA over to the orange path, and we lost all. those. badges.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
My one thing to add: If you're playing like you're in a 10-chest fellowship but you only get 4 chests each week, it's time to leave.
@Darielle I would give you more likes for this if I could! A lot of the little neighbor cities I’ve been helping like to dig their heels in out of some notion of “loyalty” despite me telling them that they have outgrown that FS and encouraging them to move on. They are usually very intimidated by the larger cities early on, but once they do things like convert to boosted goods only, they begin to see for themselves that they can run circles around the bigger cities. Then the frustration kicks in when they are always the Top 5 tourney finisher each week, despite being a Chap 3 city. So they talk to their AM (and vent to me) and the AM will almost always just tell them to be patient and the FS will grow to a 10-chest FS in time, while doing absolutely nothing to change the course of things. They have this misconception that tourney score will magically increase with Chapter. I have to remind them that is clearly false as they are finishing higher than the bigger cities already.

The first 5 encounters are meant to be easy for everyone. It’s built into the game. Doing them to 5 stars will net you 1000pts each week. Therefore, it’s a management issue. The admins need to help/guide/encourage players to tourney, esp those easy tents, whether that’s telling them to shift to boosted goods, providing goods, or setting some minimums. If they want players to continue to play casually, then it’s totally fine, but it won’t be growing into a 10-chest FS while doing nothing about it! RUN!!!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
@Darielle I would give you more likes for this if I could! A lot of the little neighbor cities I’ve been helping like to dig their heels in out of some notion of “loyalty” despite me telling them that they have outgrown that FS and encouraging them to move on. They are usually very intimidated by the larger cities early on, but once they do things like convert to boosted goods only, they begin to see for themselves that they can run circles around the bigger cities. Then the frustration kicks in when they are always the Top 5 tourney finisher each week, despite being a Chap 3 city. So they talk to their AM (and vent to me) and the AM will almost always just tell them to be patient and the FS will grow to a 10-chest FS in time, while doing absolutely nothing to change the course of things. They have this misconception that tourney score will magically increase with Chapter. I have to remind them that is clearly false as they are finishing higher than the bigger cities already.

The first 5 encounters are meant to be easy for everyone. It’s built into the game. Doing them to 5 stars will net you 1000pts each week. Therefore, it’s a management issue. The admins need to help/guide/encourage players to tourney, esp those easy tents, whether that’s telling them to shift to boosted goods, providing goods, or setting some minimums. If they want players to continue to play casually, then it’s totally fine, but it won’t be growing into a 10-chest FS while doing nothing about it! RUN!!!
Exactamundo, Crackie! Like like like like like :)

DeletedUser29117

When they say it’s ‘a group of active players’….but no one is active.
Basically, the description is outdated. I left that fellowship within 2 minutes.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
When your ch 8 archmage says they can't ever get more than 1300 tourney points because all their troops are dead and 10 chests isn't a necessitty. :rolleyes:
I was trying to understand the mindset of people who DON’T want to Spire. That’s pretty much what I concluded. If you do 1000 pts a week like you had since Chap 3, you’re really not going to miss things like more diamonds or an evolved Fire Phoenix or fighting Bears. They don't need all the bonus CC's to craft all the expiring buff buildings that come through MA. They think timers and supply windfalls are "crappy prizes" but a more active tourneyer will know those equate to free troops and therefore, not crappy at all. Coin rains can be used back in Spire to pay for itself. I personally would be so bored if my city never grew in productivity since Chap 3.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
When your ch 8 archmage says they can't ever get more than 1300 tourney points because all their troops are dead and 10 chests isn't a necessity.

I have been in fellowships where players in chapter 12 or 13 or 14 were the same way. They maybe got 500-1000 points in the tournament and maybe did part of the first floor in the Spire.

LordVorKon

When other Fellows are bullying you with "You must do this, you must do that! If you don't get 1000/1300 points in the tournament and at least finish the High Halls in the spire ever single week, you're a terrible player and you should feel bad."

.... I said what I said.

MagicPagan

I have been in fellowships where players in chapter 12 or 13 or 14 were the same way. They maybe got 500-1000 points in the tournament and maybe did part of the first floor in the Spire.
I *hate* that. They just do enough to get in on the rewards from other players working their behinds off.

Dew Spinner

When other Fellows are bullying you with "You must do this, you must do that! If you don't get 1000/1300 points in the tournament and at least finish the High Halls in the spire ever single week, you're a terrible player and you should feel bad."

.... I said what I said.
That is why it is so important to find a FS that fits your style of play. A competitive player will not be happy in a casual FS and a casual player will not be happy in a competitive FS.

Dew Spinner

I *hate* that. They just do enough to get in on the rewards from other players working their behinds off.
That should not be tolerated by the AM. I was in a FS like that, I brought my concerns about it to the AM and nothing was done. That FS lost 3 good players, all on the same day, we all moved to a better FS together.