• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Single square awards

Aritra

It would me nice of those single square set pieces were an exception to the rule, whether limits removed or allowed number raised.

(I would say the same of the other pieces, especially the library, but the single square items are probably more likely to be approved--and I have no suggestion as to what the limit should be for either)

Last edited:

Iyapo1

I am better off than the players who can only have 1.

I have 3 cities with 5 sets, 3 sets, and 2 sets between them. The five set city has a spell frag surplus and can craft everything! The 2 set has a chronic shortage of spell fragments so less crafting. Limiting new players to one set is cruel and unusual punishment, imo.

(Yes I agree, just a little melodramatic)

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
My entire city is built around the flexibility of my 8 set group. I use it to shape things so I get the maximum room, I use it to get all the spell fragments I want, I use it for the CC and when they changed mine from scrolls to silk our fs silk shortage disappeared overnight. If they, somehow, figure out how to wrest my 8 sets from me I'm libel to go apoplectic. On the other hand, I'd probably just bite the bullet and carry on, realizing how much an advantage my 8 sets gives me over "mere mortals" who are limited to a measly . In the end I'd return to the land of those merely mortal much humbled by the experience. But for know I'll just enjoy playing on Mt. Olympus. ;) :p

AJ

Raccon

If I'm not mistaking these are part of the moon stone library set and usually you need the entire set together to get the full benifit/rewards out of it. In any case, apart from the smaller pieces of this set, the main 4x4 square building was available in the MA only once or twice since last year and the cost of crafting was unaffordable for me at the time. And I wasn't lucky to score one in the spire before it disappeared from there for good. So what's the point of collecting small pieces of a set when you can't have the main piece of the set until unforeseeable future?

Iyapo1

the main 4x4 square building was available in the MA only once or twice since last year and the cost of crafting was unaffordable for me at the time.
That sucks!
The buildings sets, pet bases, and evolving building bases in the Magic Academy are really expensive but they are one offs. As soon as you have one in inventory they stop showing up and other stuff rotates through more often. Fingers crossed that you get to grab the library soon, it is a great source of spell fragments.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
If I'm not mistaking these are part of the moon stone library set and usually you need the entire set together to get the full benifit/rewards out of it. In any case, apart from the smaller pieces of this set, the main 4x4 square building was available in the MA only once or twice since last year and the cost of crafting was unaffordable for me at the time. And I wasn't lucky to score one in the spire before it disappeared from there for good. So what's the point of collecting small pieces of a set when you can't have the main piece of the set until unforeseeable future?
Actually the Library itself is the only piece in the set that needs every other building to get full benefit. Moonstone Gate only needs to connect to 1 other building in the set to get max benefit, Gum Trees and Mana Plants both been to connect to 2 other buildings, and Endless Scroll needs to connect to 3 others. It does suck that you have not gotten the Library itself though. I would suggest hording crafting supplies so that the next time it appears you have enough to make it. Since it gives both a CC and spell fragments daily (assuming you have the rest of the set), the Library will pay for itself in something like 20 days. After that you are ahead in CCs and spell fragments. Plus the tier 2 goods it gives daily as well as it being a source of population and culture.

Last edited:

Raccon

The buildings sets, pet bases, and evolving building bases in the Magic Academy are really expensive but they are one offs. As soon as you have one in inventory they stop showing up and other stuff rotates through more often.
I have a red panda base building in my inventory and it still shows up in MA every other week!
I wish the same happens to fire phoenix too ;)

Raccon

Actually the Library itself is the only piece in the set that needs every other building to get full benefit. Moonstone Gate only needs to connect to 1 other building in the set to get max benefit, Gum Trees and Mana Plants both been to connect to 2 other buildings, and Endless Scroll needs to connect to 3 others. It does suck that you have not gotten the Library itself though. I would suggest hording crafting supplies so that the next time it appears you have enough to make it. Since it gives both a CC and spell fragments daily (assuming you have the rest of the set), the Library will pay for itself in something like 20 days. After that you are ahead in CCs and spell fragments. Plus the tier 2 goods it gives daily as well as it being a source of population and culture.
Spire is my only source of spell fragments and that's not always a sure thing. Lately I've been getting more of the not so essential stuff such as coin windfalls etc..
I guess admins want to encourage more spire participation by making the moonston library a very rare building. Same with the teleporting spells, the only spell you can't craft in MA. And getting it in the spire is a matter of luck or deep meditation ;)

ElfGunn

Since they pass street connections along I can stack them in a corner so are very handy

Interesting...are you saying that the gum and mana 1 square buildings function like streets? That they can replace streets?

If yes, are there any others with this property?

ElfGunn

I was very lucky in the Spire when Moonstone set pieces were being given as prizes, and I got about a dozen total. I have these placed next to my Moonstone Gate set, touching as many unique pieces as possible. Some touch one other type, most touch two other types and a few touch three other types. The more types touched, the bigger the set bonus. I have upgraded the mana plants to my current chapter, and the gum trees to the maximum where they still give mana (except one I upgraded too much that now gives seeds).

Aritra

[...]And I wasn't lucky to score one in the spire before it disappeared from there for good. So what's the point of collecting small pieces of a set when you can't have the main piece of the set until unforeseeable future?
Actually, all of the set pieces are still available in the MA as long as you don't already have one (placed or in inventory), including the Moonstone Library (4x4 main piece). Unfortunately, one is all you get and many lucky people acquired more than a few prior to the limit implementation. I mentioned in another thread recently that the Library is still available but might not show for awhile. It is unpredictable which buildings show. Rather than use RRs on my single library, I sold it so I could craft a newer one (higher chapter benefits). It took two weeks (ish) for it to appear in my MA. I had become nervous that it had been removed from rotation and I shouldn't have sold it. Well, it showed so everything turned out okay.

Aritra

I have a red panda base building in my inventory and it still shows up in MA every other week!
I wish the same happens to fire phoenix too ;)
If you have the Red Panda Master in your inventory, it may be the Panda Bear you're seeing in MA.