• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Six Hours Manufacturies

DeletedUser1055

Why don't we have 6 hours as a choice for our manufacturies? It jumps from 3 hours to 9 hours? For those of us who are still living life, we sometimes have things to do and to have to set it at 9 hours, which is a too long, while three hours may be too short. It would be different if we could play on our handhelds, but that is not availavable to us, so I think you should offer a 6 hour manufacture option. Thank you.
Roriane

DeletedUser637

I agree with Roriane.

I would find this ideal:
- 15 min (If I wanna click click click and play Elvenar longer I don't see why Inno wont let me to. And I really don't understand why they try to slow down game to The-Most-Tedious-of-Them-All?)
- 2 hrs
- 6 hrs
- 9 hrs
- 12 hrs
- 1 day

:)

DeletedUser626

I agree with Roriane.

I would find this ideal:
- 15 min (If I wanna click click click and play Elvenar longer I don't see why Inno wont let me to. And I really don't understand why they try to slow down game to The-Most-Tedious-of-Them-All?)
- 2 hrs
- 6 hrs
- 9 hrs
- 12 hrs
- 1 day

:)

I like more flexibility.

DeletedUser627

The devs selected 3 and 9- hour builds for reasons: they initially hoped that players would log on: before work, after work, 2 times before bed, then repeat. Two nine-hours and 2 3-hours.

Since games attempt to manage their players, we can see that most of their subsequent game additions / changes remain within this framework. It also seems that they strongly prefer reduced online presence (they're reduced or eliminated player incentives for active play).

If we want greater flexibility, this isn't supported by their game approach. Limiting options attracts a certain type of player...ones who feel some compulsion to log in at the specified times. Players who are flexible by nature aren't as easily habitualized.

Nor do six-hour builds fit into their desire to see us less active.

DeletedUser61

Recognize, however, that collecting coins from the houses is ENTIRELY flexible. You can collect the accumulated coins at ANY point after the run is 10% complete, and it was sooner than that until we started screaming about the ugly coin icons that were appearing after only a few minutes.

Jixel

The devs selected 3 and 9- hour builds for reasons: they initially hoped that players would log on: before work, after work, 2 times before bed, then repeat. Two nine-hours and 2 3-hours.

I wish they'd put the same thought into the production times of the level 1 and 2 Granite Mines, then ... 4 and 6 hours to max out, and since GMs are unlocked about 5 minutes before you need ALL THE GRANITE EVER to unlock your next researches, you can't afford to "waste" time ... you know, sleeping, or working, or doing anything except hovering around and picking up every bit of granite you ever make.

Copper Foundries are reasonable by comparison, apart from the dismal amount they produce ...

Jixel

@Katwijk - yes, I'm well aware of how Granite Mines work.

The problems are :
- it takes a long time to build up enough granite to upgrade from level 1 to 2
- you can't even start upgrading to level 3 or 4 without copper foundries, so you need to accumulate at least 50k granite with your level 1/2 mines
- it takes a long time to accumulate enough copper to upgrade
- but you also need the copper to upgrade the dwarven portal
- and you need copper to unlock new techs
- and you need lots of granite to unlock techs
- and you need lots of granite just to build the copper foundries

So the average player is going to spend weeks, maybe a month or more, with granite mines maxing out after 4 to 6 hours, which I believe is unfair to players ...

DeletedUser

@Katwijk - yes, I'm well aware of how Granite Mines work.

The problems are :
- it takes a long time to build up enough granite to upgrade from level 1 to 2
- you can't even start upgrading to level 3 or 4 without copper foundries, so you need to accumulate at least 50k granite with your level 1/2 mines
- it takes a long time to accumulate enough copper to upgrade
- but you also need the copper to upgrade the dwarven portal
- and you need copper to unlock new techs
- and you need lots of granite to unlock techs
- and you need lots of granite just to build the copper foundries

So the average player is going to spend weeks, maybe a month or more, with granite mines maxing out after 4 to 6 hours, which I believe is unfair to players ...
The only reason I can figure out on this is to slow progress, and it's worked great for me (I hate the developers for this)!

DeletedUser61

The only reason I can figure out on this is to slow progress
To my eyes the reason is fairly obvious, and it's NOT to slow the game down.

The inability to trade Granite and Copper REQUIRES folks to properly balance at least that portion of their city, rather than simply overwhelming every challenge with a flood of traded goods, buff visits, and declinable quests.

DeletedUser627

To my eyes the reason is fairly obvious, and it's NOT to slow the game down.

The inability to trade Granite and Copper REQUIRES folks to properly balance at least that portion of their city, rather than simply overwhelming every challenge with a flood of traded goods, buff visits, and declinable quests.

God, how I hate to even partially agree with Katwijk, but it's true: the Devs don't care if you go fast - evidenced by the fast that they'll let you do nearly anything fast so long as you do it the diamond way. But here's where I differ in opinion: no one 'cept KJ cares whether we are "balanced" - the "inability to trade Granite and Copper" merely REQUIRES one to go mad or make purchases. They shut down the options Katwijk mentioned so everyone would have to go slow or pay. Problem solved...the Inno way: Just buy every available expansion and fill 'em with Granite and copper. See? No "balance" required...well, other than a bank balance.

The only reason I can figure out on this is to slow progress, and it's worked great for me (I hate the developers for this)!

Having romped through Dwarven at record pace myself...there doesn't seem to be much point to finishing it- other than the ability to build the Mountain Hall, which is pretty significant. If you really want to move faster: consider tearing down your culture buildings until you're at bare bones for 100%, or even less. You'll soon be tearing them down anyway for the Temples, so for now you could use the grid space for more granite / copper. Unless, of course, you need 125% bonus for the supplies...But, if you have six workshops and a L17 main hall, it's possible to keep a big city running with a 100% bonus (so long as you don't have more than 6 magical manufactories).

As an aside, consider keeping provinces at 7/8, so that you'll gain some shards toward the Mountain Hall asap when finished with the research. It's the single best introduction to Elvenar since I started playing - I'm in Level 7 and making 53% bonus on all my boosted goods.

All great, but there's still nothing to actually do. At least while you're stymied in the tech tree and have nothing to do you can be looking forward to getting finished with the tech tree so you still have nothing to do! Hey, it's something.

DeletedUser61

you can be looking forward to getting finished with the tech tree so you still have nothing to do!
I'm going to be a bit cutesy to make an important point.
When you DO find yourself in a box canyon, you're at the end of your journey. Relax and enjoy the scenery.
http://www.nature.org/ourinitiative...edstates/idaho/placesweprotect/box-canyon.xml

When everything in your city has gotten either impossible or ridiculously expensive, it's time to open a new city in a new world OR, if you're careful to avoid pushing, it is not a violation of the Elvenar Game Rules, see https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/game-rules.701/ to use a second email and account name to develop another city in the same world.

Jixel

If you really want to move faster: consider tearing down your culture buildings until you're at bare bones for 100%, or even less. You'll soon be tearing them down anyway for the Temples, so for now you could use the grid space for more granite / copper.

That's what I ended up doing on EN1 - even further, in fact. I have -900 population and -2000ish culture (and have for weeks now), so I could fit in a "balanced" :rolleyes: amount of granite/copper facilities ...
The second time around (on US1) I knew what was coming up and made a bee-line for unlocking granite mines, and copper foundries as soon after that as possible, so I (probably) wouldn't get granite/copper-blocked for a week or two like I did on EN1 (where I went for the city expansions first, not realising just how much granite would be needed so soon after unlocking it).

So back to my earlier point in this thread - I claim that granite is unlike any other goods or resource in the game:
- it is required in huge quantities almost immediately after unlocking it
- it is required in those quantities to unblock the other dwarven good, also required in huge quantities (relative to your meagre production)
- and while it is harvested like coins, the fact that you really truly cannot let any go to waste, means that the 4- and 6-hour maximums on the first two levels of granite mines really does feel like it's unfair to the players.

DeletedUser

So, if my understanding is correct (grain of salt, always), I need to completely restructure my city? *giggles, then laughs, then outright cackles*

Awesome, awesome always. Hit me again, Steve.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser627

And again and again Insanity. All three of the top Arendyll players are making massive restructures even now after finishing all of Dwarven. The clever guys have taken to creatively naming cities in expression of sentiments like yours.

Day 1: Monomachos: INNOcent? Brymstone: Guilty!!
Day 2 Monomachos: inNosense? brymstone: None

There was discussion of some cruder versions...