• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Size of cities around you

Lyinaral

I just wondered if anyone has the problem I do, the biggest percentage of cities around me are mostly small, that or they have the same boosts that I do. Cities so small you really can't do any real trade with them, because of it, I mainly have to trade with people in my fellowship. It would be nice to have some larger cities that have different boosts than mine to trade with. Would like to hear from others whether or not they have that problem.

DeletedUser23318

I just wondered if anyone has the problem I do, the biggest percentage of cities around me are mostly small, that or they have the same boosts that I do. Cities so small you really can't do any real trade with them, because of it, I mainly have to trade with people in my fellowship. It would be nice to have some larger cities that have different boosts than mine to trade with. Would like to hear from others whether or not they have that problem.

I do as well, and I am willing to bet most of the folks on these forums have similar. The way I see it, even if they are smaller cities, if they are active and trading take their trades, help them grow. Even if they have the same boosts as you, if you have enough stock of non boosted items, throw them a bone. Not all of the time, but as you can. Most trading should be within the FS anyway.

Lyinaral

Most of the people on my trader want my unboosted goods, that I have a hard time getting & they want to give me my boosted goods in return, so to me that isn't doing me any good. Now if if is a very small trade I will take it to help out a smaller city. I also have people that want to crosstrade for my unboosted goods those I don't accept.

DeletedUser23318

Like I said, if you can do it, it is good to. Obviously I am not advising to put yourself in a bad situation resource wise. Not sure what chapter you are in, but as you open up more provinces on the world map it will obviously help finding more trade partners (without penalty). I and again I would bet most people get the bulk of non boosted goods from within the FS.

DeletedUser23049

Not to get off subject,but has anyone had alot of new cities popping up on there world map,i've have had 6 a day for last week. An sometimes more.

Lyinaral

I am in elementals in the 3rd row of techs. I started playing in April of 2018 & I have 350 provnices completed. Sill they are mostly small cities. That & some of them don't play often or have even left the game, but their city is still there. I would welcome new cities in my neighborhood if they were cities close to my size or larger. I am in a Fellowship that gets the 10th chest every week for awhile now, but we work hard to do so.

DeletedUser23318

You are well ahead of me then... I guess I am fortunate in that of my few larger neighbors that are active are not the same boosts as I am. Downside, when I make a good trading connection with someone they end up getting moved, and some brand new, or orphaned city gets move in their place.

Lyinaral

I will say that even tho I can't trade with some of the smaller cities, they are very good about visiting my city, & I return the favor. I try to visit all my neighbors at least once a week, but don't always make it. The only good thing about visiting the smaller cities or the ones that are no longer playing is that I get my money from visiting.

DeletedUser20951

Inno claims to have been working on alleviating this issue, but I have seen no improvement to their automatic move option from the day it was instituted. If anything, it seems have gotten worse from their tinkering, stranding actives out in a sea of inactives in what I guess are hopes of prompting activity in hopelessly dead neighborhoods. I have wanted to be moved since I created this city, as there are very few trading partners and even less that give aid. My other city is close to the center of the map with many high level players and trading is a breeze, so I know how good it can be if Inno got off its arse and actually made significant strides to place active players near one another.

DeletedUser23318

I am in what I call a moderate zone. I have a few good size cities that are active, and a fair amount of smaller cities that are active, with the vast majority being abandoned or recently created.

That said, as I mentioned above I have had a few good trading partners get moved on me.... And have been hoping to be moved to a more active location for quite some time... But I am not holding my breath.

DeletedUser23977

I don't mind as much when the cities around me are small as long as the players are active. I play in 3 different worlds and in 2 of those a large percentage are clearly no longer playing the game. Some I can't even provide help to because when I visit, there is no handshake over anything. I have to click on the city every day just to see if there has been any change and for over one month there has been no change. Then there are the cities that I can see growing and are obviously active, but do not share the help and do not post trades. I probably help in over 20 cities every day, twice a day and maybe 8 of those actually share back. Only 1 or 2 ever offer any trades. I end up having to build 20 workshops just to keep my hammers going and fill my city with culture buildings, spend all my resources upgrading my non-boosted buildings. Not to mention the struggle to keep my culture levels up. Then, that leaves me struggling to get the resources I need to make progress on the map and in the research. This can't only be happening to me, and I imagine it discourages many players.

DeletedUser20951

Musing about the importance of neighborhood trading again. I've mentioned before that even with a perfectly balanced fellowship, boosts, activity, and score-wise, it would be difficult to rely, exclusively, on internal trading. With a bit of further consideration, I'd be willing to extend my assumption to the very top fellowships not being able to rely solely on what their members produce, not with the different styles, frequency, expenditure, and so on and so forth. I would allow for the possibility of such aligning flawlessly, but I doubt it ever does at all times, making it necessary for at least some of the fellows to be in a good trading area.

DeletedUser19458

When I was smaller city I relied almost solely on my fellowship, as neighbours were not very helpful or the active ones were same boosts as me. We in turn as a group leaned heavily on a few people who had really good neighbours. They would often broker trades for us, so we could bring outside goods into the FS.

Now that I'm larger I don't really think about it, I just clear any same tier trades (which sadly is not many compared to the pages of trades posted). Out of about 320 provinces scouted I have maybe 5 people who can trade at quantities I care about (Halflings) and one of them shares my boosts so I'm sure we often fight it out for the same trades.

Point being it has taken a lot of scouting and a year of playing to get only a few good trading partners.

Deleted User - 3932582

When I was smaller city I relied almost solely on my fellowship, as neighbours were not very helpful or the active ones were same boosts as me. We in turn as a group leaned heavily on a few people who had really good neighbours. They would often broker trades for us, so we could bring outside goods into the FS.

Now that I'm larger I don't really think about it, I just clear any same tier trades (which sadly is not many compared to the pages of trades posted). Out of about 320 provinces scouted I have maybe 5 people who can trade at quantities I care about (Halflings) and one of them shares my boosts so I'm sure we often fight it out for the same trades.

Point being it has taken a lot of scouting and a year of playing to get only a few good trading partners.
This sounds about right, in my experience. When you're small just about anyone can clear your trades, and many will - but posted trades might be too big. When you level up even into mid-chapters, number of neighborhood trading partners that can trade reasonable size goes down dramatically, even with expanded scouted range. That's why it is critical by that time to be in the right FS, otherwise things will be very, very difficult ;)