• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

skip quests in ch 20

ROLANDCHILDE

Hi everyone, I've finished all the technologies of ch 20 and I'm stuck with a quest that I can't complete and can't skip. Before clearing all the race buildings for the FA I would like to finish the chapter quests. At the end of the previous chapters all quests became skippable, why doesn't it happen with ch 20?
Forum 001.png

Pheryll

Set Designer
Hi everyone, I've finished all the technologies of ch 20 and I'm stuck with a quest that I can't complete and can't skip. Before clearing all the race buildings for the FA I would like to finish the chapter quests. At the end of the previous chapters all quests became skippable, why doesn't it happen with ch 20?

Because chapter 21 has not been released yet. So you either have to wait until chapter 21 is released (and all chapter 20 quests then become skippable) or you need to find some way to complete these quests (potentially including contacting support).

ROLANDCHILDE

Because chapter 21 has not been released yet. So you either have to wait until chapter 21 is released (and all chapter 20 quests then become skippable) or you need to find some way to complete these quests (potentially including contacting support).
I agree with you, I'll have to use 18 teleports and wait with the race buildings in stock. However, after the effort of finishing a chapter it's not fair to have to get stuck on some quests. I had already contacted support and they just said that the non-skippable quests must be completed and that's it. Thanks anyway...

Pheryll

Set Designer
I agree with you, I'll have to use 18 teleports and wait with the race buildings in stock. However, after the effort of finishing a chapter it's not fair to have to get stuck on some quests. I had already contacted support and they just said that the non-skippable quests must be completed and that's it. Thanks anyway...
Cite your specific quest. There is a chance that it is bugged for you (as it was bugged for some players in Beta).

ROLANDCHILDE

Cite your specific quest. There is a chance that it is bugged for you (as it was bugged for some players in Beta).
The quest is the one pictured above:
"Reach Culture Bonus level 3".
On the idavis site, the quest list says:
"28 Reach Culture Bonus of 150 %" and right now I have 180 %.
It may be a bug or I don't know how many culture buildings I should put.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
The quest is the one pictured above:
"Reach Culture Bonus level 3".
On the idavis site, the quest list says:
"28 Reach Culture Bonus of 150 %" and right now I have 180 %.
It may be a bug or I don't know how many culture buildings I should put.

They have changed the wording of the quest because not everyone's Culture Bonus Level 3 is 150%. The clue is in the sun image. You need to reach one of the highlighted images:

culture.png

Fayeanne

I'm pretty sure it means reach exactly level 3, not over, not under. (The wording of the dialogue of the quest giver implies this as well.) If the original poster has 180% presently, this indicates the requirement to complete the quest is to remove/consume enough culture to get to level 3 (150% base). Likely will require selling/teleporting some high culture buildings.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I'm pretty sure it means reach exactly level 3, not over, not under. (The wording of the dialogue of the quest giver implies this as well.) If the original poster has 180% presently, this indicates the requirement to complete the quest is to remove/consume enough culture to get to level 3 (150% base). Likely will require selling/teleporting some high culture buildings.
Over should work, but from Beta there were bugs in the calculations, such as the culture from certain wonders not being counted. Unfortunately the quest does not have a scale to gauge how close you are to completing it. Either you met the condition or you did not. Also there is the problem that the quest culture level does not align with the culture level on the wiki page (the two scales are off by one).

free-spirit

Over should work, but from Beta there were bugs in the calculations, such as the culture from certain wonders not being counted. Unfortunately the quest does not have a scale to gauge how close you are to completing it. Either you met the condition or you did not. Also there is the problem that the quest culture level does not align with the culture level on the wiki page (the two scales are off by one).
You can see both your culture level and how close you are to the next one in your culture dropdown, which in this example would be level 4. It's pretty easy to see what you need to add.
1679255874476.png

Pheryll

Set Designer
You can see both your culture level and how close you are to the next one in your culture dropdown, which in this example would be level 4. It's pretty easy to see what you need to add.
In your example you are currently level 2 by the wiki and level 3 by the quest. That is the problem. The drop down does not tell you what number to assign for your level. And to further complicate things, when there are bugs (as on Beta) where certain wonders are not counted, then it would be nice to be able to see your quest progress to be able to tell quickly if something is not right.

free-spirit

In your example you are currently level 2 by the wiki and level 3 by the quest. That is the problem. The drop down does not tell you what number to assign for your level. And to further complicate things, when there are bugs (as on Beta) where certain wonders are not counted, then it would be nice to be able to see your quest progress to be able to tell quickly if something is not right.
The quest specifically states level 3. And having completed it in my larger city, I can say that reaching level 3 by any means works.

ROLANDCHILDE

They have changed the wording of the quest because not everyone's Culture Bonus Level 3 is 150%. The clue is in the sun image. You need to reach one of the highlighted images:

View attachment 15120
The only way to do this is to place a huge number of Culture Buildings, which I don't intend to do. I'll have to give up the quests and wait for ch 21 but, I repeat, it's not right. Once the tech tree is finished they should make the quests declinable even before entering ch 21.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
The only way to do this is to place a huge number of Culture Buildings, which I don't intend to do. I'll have to give up the quests and wait for ch 21 but, I repeat, it's not right. Once the tech tree is finished they should make the quests declinable even before entering ch 21.

Personally, I don't want them to make the game easier. There's already big gaps between chapter releases so something extra to do is just an extra entertainment to me. Anyways, there are already signs that Ch21 is on it's way so it won't take too long for you to be able to decline the quests.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Once the tech tree is finished they should make the quests declinable even before entering ch 21.

Nope, that is not how the game works. I have been playing long enough that I have gotten to the end of every chapter, starting with 14, and had to wait a couple of months each time for the next chapter to be added. You can do all the chapter quests or you can ignore them and wait for the next chapter to be added. Nothing is hurting anyone by having that quest giver sitting there.

As for that specific quest, yes it was glitchy on Beta, but they fixed it for the Live servers. When I went through chapter 20 and got to it, I was at 170% just from all the people visiting me and polishing my culture buildings and the quest auto-completed with no problem.