• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Snow Challenges - Some seem beyond the capability of the players chapter

DeletedUser5942

I notice that for the most part the snow challenges are within the capability of the chapter my player is in but ... now I am getting challenges that would better suited for the next chapter which means I probably won't make the challenge.

This seems more discouraging than promoting the effort to play.

I have a challenge to produce a product or gain a product that neither can produce nor get enough items to trade for it. I know my Fellowship members will try to help me but it seems that the challenges for the snow should at least stay within the chapter story rather than jumping ahead before the player can get there.

Just curious.

SimplyNoble

Agreed. I am running into challenges that are pretty near impossible at my level. I am in a FS and that helps a little at times but trying to trade steel (my boosted good) for elixir isn't going to get me to 500 very quickly. I am on my second day of that quest and expect to not complete it for at least a couple more.

It is a little discouraging.

DeletedUser5942

Me either I am only in Chapter II and I have boosted steel but it's going to take many many hours to get enough steel to gain 250 Elixirs. *Discouraged*

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If you haven't found a fellowship, ask a neighbour. Even if neither of you has enough, and with only a dozen or two between you, you can keep trading them back and forth 10 or 20 times to complete the quest in a matter of minutes.

DeletedUser5942

I am in a FS, the problem is that we are not all on at the same time. And I can't stayed logged for a long time. We are already doing that but frankly I find it odd that the challenges are more advanced than the chapter. I think they should be at least in line with the level the player is in even if it's telling me to train more fighters each time or produce more goods.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
They wouldn't be a challenge if they weren't challenging. :p

I expect it's always going to be a difficult job to balance making it interesting and non-trivial for advanced players without putting a strain on new players.

One of the developers' challenges is to attract and retain players who give them more money than the game costs to develop and host. I find my frustrations are often reduced to mere annoyance when I stop to consider that they are only here for my entertainment so long as that is true.

DeletedUser3696

Remember one thing, for those in the earlier chapters these buildings you can get from the event become less than worthy in future chapters. If you feel it's too hard to get enough snowflakes, be reminded that in 3-4 months you would probably delete the buildings anyways - unless you are a fan of the graphics/look and keep it for that reason.

But any 1/2 decent FS can grant you the goods on the cheap and remember you could always find one trading partner to trade even 50 goods back and forth until you reach 250 total or 500 total.

DeletedUser5251

these buildings you can get from the event become less than worthy in future chapters
Perhaps, but the help they give you now, when you are just starting is immeasurable. The ability to add more culture than any other building you currently have access to as well as providing population frees up a lot of space to add more factories and increase your goods production. We're always complaining about how the developers make the game too hard so we have to buy diamonds. And yet, with this event they offer us many of the benefits usually only afforded to those who can buy them with diamonds, for free. Yes, it is a challenge, and if it's not worth it to you, then don't do it. But for me, it is an excellent (and free) way for me to "catch up" to all those cities riddled with premium buildings.

trying to trade steel (my boosted good) for elixir isn't going to get me to 500 very quickly
It's not that hard, if you implement a little planning. First trade an equal amount of tier 1 goods for tier 2 goods. (500 steel for 500 scrolls) Then trade those tier 2 goods in equal amount for tier 3 goods. (500 scrolls for 500 elixir) These are totally unfair, 0 star trades, but it doesn't matter because you will trade them right back after you've finished the quest. With a fellowship this should be fairly easy to implement. Without a fellowship you would need to enlist the help of a neighbor.

And yes, some of the quests are more of a challenge to complete for new players. But some are actually harder for advanced players, like scouting a province that takes 2 days, or buying Knowledge Points at 600,000 coins each. So, keep at it, do your best, and remember this is something you do for fun, it is not required. If it stops being fun, don't do it.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Sure if possible to complete, if not ridiculous...
There's nothing impossible in the list. Some of the items are a serious challenge for new players if they are trying to go it alone. Most of them approach trivial if you can find a couple of friendly neighbours or a fellowship to work with.

DeletedUser3507

Wait too it takes over 2 days too scout 1 province, then you hit a scout 2 provinces task. Sure while not impossible it does limit your progress in this contest.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Wait too it takes over 2 days too scout 1 province, then you hit a scout 2 provinces task. Sure while not impossible it does limit your progress in this contest.
Sure, but it all balances. people with 2 days scouts find picking up 5000 of each t1 mat trivial

Buttrflwr

I am in early chapter 3 in beta, and will finish the event. Yes, it is taking me longer, much longer, than it did here in live, but I will finish it...if I choose. It can be done.

DeletedUser43

. I am on my second day of that quest and expect to not complete it for at least a couple more.

I have 3 day 12 hour scouting times. I have to scout 2 provinces. That is a full week for that quest. :( So, sometimes some of these things even out a bit. But I do agree that most of the contest is proportionately much harder for new players. I too think it should be better balanced. Why not let you decline the quests knowing that you will never get another chance to redo that quest? The pro is that you get past something you were having too much difficulty with, the con is that you won't have as many snowflakes as other people. Seems like a good trade to me.

DeletedUser3696

Perhaps, but the help they give you now, when you are just starting is immeasurable. The ability to add more culture than any other building you currently have access to as well as providing population frees up a lot of space to add more factories and increase your goods production. We're always complaining about how the developers make the game too hard so we have to buy diamonds. And yet, with this event they offer us many of the benefits usually only afforded to those who can buy them with diamonds, for free. Yes, it is a challenge, and if it's not worth it to you, then don't do it. But for me, it is an excellent (and free) way for me to "catch up" to all those cities riddled with premium buildings.
Just remember that every player in chapter 8/9 never had any special events to play and consequently no special event buildings. We did just fine and so will players who do not get any.

DeletedUser3686

Both beginner and advanced players can face challenges. For beginners, it's harder to gain the goods, but at least if you have a nice person in your felllowship, you can get some goods easily. Advanced players can have hang ups with really long scouting times.

But that's what makes it fun, wouldn't be as fun without it being a challenge!