• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

So I got moved ...

• Thread starter DeletedUser19458
  • Start date

Mykan

Oh Wise One
So how do we figure out the center of our world? How do we know whose city is at 0,0?

Beats me. One player katwjk (unsure of exact spelling) reckoned they had determined this and did post the name of a town on several EN/US servers. At the time of the move it seemed reasonably accurate but I do not know how he came up with the locations. You could try and find his post but some of the newer servers will not be listed as they didn't exist at the time.

Edit: Found it, or one of them. He may have others hidden about
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/locate-your-city.4876/

Last edited:

Dopeykr

All I can tell you is the information we were told when the mechanic was introduced. It is likely since it is automated that the computer is just counting hexes from the middle and someone could get moved from hex 1000 to hex 995, basically switching edging but still closer. An automated system can't think, it just act on its programming. If it is a scenario similar to this you would still be near the edge and so potentially high on the list still. As I have no connection to inno this conjecture about the mechanics, other than what they have told us.
Just like a smartphone is only as smart as the person using it.

Deleted User - 3932582

Beats me. One player katwjk (unsure of exact spelling) reckoned they had determined this and did post the name of a town on several EN/US servers. At the time of the move it seemed reasonably accurate but I do not know how he came up with the locations. You could try and find his post but some of the newer servers will not be listed as they didn't exist at the time.

Edit: Found it, or one of them. He may have others hidden about
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/locate-your-city.4876/
Has anyone done this for US6/US7? I can only see up to US5...

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Sadly Katwijk went inactive nearly 2 years ago, and no-one has taken up the mantle. Any method I've spotted to replicate his findings is tedious enough that I won't do it.

Arayla

I wouldn't have the patience to do it using Katwijk's method, but it isn't too hard to find it reading the game files. So that this list remains usable, I've listed the current player at the center of the map and one large player nearby that is not likely to get moved in the future.

Here are the players at the center of each map:

US1: katiel is center, Kenyon is at 11 o’clock

US2: mirndyme is center, Malc is at 7 o’clock

US3: Nanabarb is center, emlem is at 3 o’clock

US4: chrisendor is center, runesong54 is at 3 o’clock

US5: Starcaster is center, Conrad is at 1 o’clock

US6: Knucklehead is center, CelticSkye is at 7 o’clock

US7: Briggette is center, scarlot is at 7 o’clock

Edit due to autocorrect of a city name. TY MinMax :)

Last edited:

Deleted User - 3932582

I wouldn't have the patience to do it using Katwijk's method, but it isn't too hard to find it reading the game files. So that this list remains usable, I've listed the current player at the center of the map and one large player nearby that is not likely to get moved in the future.

Here are the players at the center of each map:

US1: katiel is center, Kenyon is at 11 o’clock

US3: Nanabarb is center, emlem is at 3 o’clock

US4: chrisendor is center, runesong54 is at 3 o’clock

US5: Starcaster is center, Conrad is at 1 o’clock

US6: Knucklehead is center, CelticSkye is at 7 o’clock

US7: Briggette is center, scarlet is at 7 o’clock
Awesome, thanks. Just a small correction, US7 big player's name is scarlot, not scarlet. In case someone will be looking in the future.

Deleted User - 3932582

To people who complain about lack of neighbors - you could be one of those two. Extreme zoom out just to show that it can be really lonely out there ;)
Loneliness.JPG

DeletedUser5521

Just checked out Winyandor's center and surrounding area. IF this is what they are moving the movable towards, my "please move me button" is staying OFF. My hood is way more active than the center of the world is, and I like the neighbors I have. I counted 67 cities (hexes?) between the center (mirndyme) and the first of my "green" cities, so I think I'm pretty far away. But I have neighbors I have played with and traded with for coming up on 4 years. I hope we all have our buttons turned off (sorry @SoggyShorts I just don't think the center is better...at least not in Winy. I'm gonna go check out Aren and Fely too..) :rolleyes:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
(sorry @SoggyShorts I just don't think the center is better...at least not in Winy. I'm gonna go check out Aren and Fely too..)
I never said it would be better, only that it should be, especially if your current 'hood is weak.

Again, as I said if you uncheck that box and all of your neighbors have theirs checked you may be left in a desert wasteland if the devs ever delete dead cities in the middle(which they recently said they have changed criteria for)

Really coins and supplies have been devalued so much over the years that all you need is a decent FS and you can completely ignore the world map.
Player movement and the "please move me" button are mostly for newer players who have been dropped into the game at the edge of the world.

DeletedUser5521

Really coins and supplies have been devalued so much over the years that all you need is a decent FS and you can completely ignore the world map.

I agree with much of what you write, and let you know when I don't lol. I'm not sure what Utopia you live in, but my neighbors are instrumental in ALL of my worlds for helping me keep my FSs in the goods. I'm AM in all 4 of my cities and either largest or second largest producer of goods, so 1) I ain't leaving my peeps for another FS, and 2) my big friends in my hoods are the ones who take my 100K+ trades on a regular basis so I then have a balanced inventory, and can take ANY trades from my fellows, not just my boosted. I consider my FSs to be more than "decent" but I'm real glad I have my neighbors too. It's all what works for each of us, there really isn't an "only one way".. :oops::rolleyes::cool:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
my big friends in my hoods are the ones who take my 100K+ trades on a regular basis
Of course. But aren't players who can "take 100K trades on a regular basis" pretty big? So they can probably see trades from pretty far away? So Probably most fellowships have at least one of their bigger players who is in range of such a player? So where you are on the map if you have a decent FS isn't that important?:cool::oops::rolleyes:

In other words, if your FS has 1 mid to large size player within about 14 rings of a larger actively trading player your FS should be fine for trades. That's really all you need.

Last edited: